It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Viral Secrets (The big climax is here!!) 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

With no reason to stay, Sparky jumped from the table and ran outside to follow and meet up with Axel. She wondered where Cassie and the others were off to.

Both Red and Axel wanted to kill Silver. As if she was going to let that happen. She followed Red and Axel towards the library, to the location where the others were battling Darkrai.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((sorry, shina, but would you leave your parents in a building with a pissed off pokemon? this was just a good opportunity, so again, sorry))
As Dusknoir, Red, and I ran out of the Pokemon Center, Sparky came out and joined us. I was surprised, but figured it would be somthing I would just have to get used to. I continued towards the library.

When we got there, I heard crashing and yelling from inside. I recognized several voices: Massimo, Cassie, Jack... Then I heard a scream.

It was my mother.

Horrified, I sprinted inside. The library where I had grown up was slowly becoming destroyed. Massimo and Cassie were fighting against Darkrai; off to the side was Jack, who was now holding what looked like the body of Sable. And in the corner, was my mom, trapped by a bookshelf that had fallen on her. I rushed over. "Dusknoir, help me lift this thing." We each grabbed a corner, and, straining with all our might, managed to get the heavy oak shelves off of her.

"Axel... You came back. Your father... was so.... worried." I nodded, furiously. "Don't worry, I'm here now. You're gonna be just fine. I'll find Dad, and then I'll take you guys home." I turned to Dusknoir. "Carry her out of here, right now. Take her somewhere safe, and protect her. Don't let anybody except for medical staff or our team get near." I then rushed upstairs.

The second floor was slowly collapsing. My guess was that one of the attacks from Massimo, Cassie, or Darkrai had gone astray and knocked out a key support. Walking carefully along the edges of the room, I looked for my father. He was in a far corner, reading a book like there wasn't a demonic Pokemon downstairs ruining his life's work.

"Dad...??" I called out. He turned around. His eyes were bloodshot, his glasses askew. "H..ello, ... sonnn. Iit's been soo looong since we've ssseenn you." he drawled. I was horrified. Something wasn't right. I drew my rapier. "Dad, you need to come with me right now. This whole floor is gonna collapse, and take us with it." "I don't waanna leave. Aaalll the boooks..." It dawned on me that my father was probably never gonna be the same. He drew a pokeball. "Leett'sss battle, Axel." A huge Metang popped out of the ball, and charged.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sparky jumped to Axel's side, giving the Metang a good Thunderbolt attack. It was weak to the steel type pokemon, but it was simply out of reaction. The man looked like Axel... Axel's father... infected...? Metang collapsed on the shaken floor, stunned for a couple of minutes.

Sparky turned towards Axel, wondering what to do. It wasn't fair to make the decision on her own, because in the end... Axel's father would have to be...

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was shocked. Sparky had taken out my father's Metang in one hit. My father didn't even waver, however. "GoOoo... Muuk!" A poisonous blob of sludge popped out of another ball. Sparky was looking at me, now. I didn't know what to do. My father was probably infected, so that made it likely that before we left this town, he would be dead.

I had frozen. Hesitation kills, they say. But there was nothing I could do. How could I kill my father, the man who raised me, taught me, and gave me my first Pokemon??

At that moment, Dusknoir surged forward. He gestured to Sparky to take out the Muk, then rushed in- towards my father.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Cassie glanced around at the sound of the voice, frowning slightly. What's Axel doing here?

She raised her comm to her lips and spoke softly. "Axel, this is Cassie. Do you need help? Respond."

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cassie came on, asking if I needed help. Numbly, I answered. "Nooo... Sparky and Dusknoir are.... fighting... my father..." and clicked off.

Dusknoir had dodged the large Muk, and, generating a ball of light in his hand, lunged towards my father. He raised his arms in defense, generating a shield from the sludge that had been his arms. Together, they danced across the room, attacking, defending.... If it wasn't for the fact that they were trying to kill each other, it could have been beautiful. My only though was So, it's true. He might as well be dead....

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Merde." Cassie muttered under her breath, but quickly regained concentration, renewing the Aura bond with Lucario. Stay focused, Cari. Distract the Darkrai, give Electabuzz an opening.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As Muk returned into its defending phase, Sparky jumped over Dusknoir's head and gave Muk a downward cut of Iron Tail, almost literally slicing the blob pokemon into two. Letting Dusknoir finish it, Sparky ran towards Axel's father in persistence. Axel had to make a decision, just like Red had made years ago. Red chose to destroy the infected, everyone and everything that had the Touch inside them. What would be Axel's decision? Would he really kill his own father?

Sparky used Quick Attack in lightning haste, head-butting the man to the floor. Suddenly, in response to this, he threw his arm that suddenly mutated into the fearsome and familiar tentacle. The extended limb burst forth from his shoulder in a horrible sound. Surprised, it hit Sparky directly and she flew crying into the air. Getting herself back together, her teeth shut grit in a grind as her cheeks sparked off a pissed off voltage. She rolled through into a landing, and turned to the man now completely changed. ((description up to you, rex))

"Pika Pikachu!" Sparky cried to Axel. What would be his choice? No matter what, she was going to stand by him until the end. She was sympathetic. It was decisions like this she would have to make in the future... Red, Leo, Silver... Axel... Why was fate so cruel?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I ran up the stairs, watching as the library began crumble around us. When I made it to the second floor, another battle was already taking place.

I thought it appropriate to not interview unless I'm needed, but I made a small comment. "Axel, you can use my blood to end his suffering."

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sparky killed my father's Muk, then knocked my father down. As he went down, sludge began to fall to the floor. He turned purple, and became more fluid-looking. At this point, it occurred to me that this was no longer my father. My father was long dead. This, purplish, slimy monster was nothing to me. My eyes hardened, and I gripped the rapier more tightly.

Red came up, offering to end it for me. I shook my head. "I have to do this myself." My father got up, his legs joined together into one liquid pillar. His hands turned into scythes, like those of a Kabutops, and his eyes turned red. I strode over to him. "Dusknoir, Sparky, get out of here. Take Red with you." I slashed at the Infected monster, beginning an assault. One of his scythes turned into a shield, and promptly hardened and blocked.

The blade bounced off, and one of the scythes lunged for my neck. I brought the blade up, and, spinning around, got inside his defenses. I hacked a couple of times, furiously fighting to kill this monstrosity through sheer force. The "head" was cleaved off, but immediately got caught back up in the monster's body. It was at that moment that I knew the battle was pointless.

I cut myself an exit through the body, then dashed for the stairs. My only thought was that the place I had grown up in was about to go down in flames.
((if it's okay with everyone, i was thinking about burning the library down, but i'll let shina and LM finish their battle first))

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

"This fight is mine now guys." I muttered quietly to them over the comn. My rage had cooled. "Either my nightmares get laid to rest, or I do this day. This time, there is no way to forget my failures." I pointed to Darkrai. "Give em hell Kassie." Kassie saluted, and charged forward, her blades glinting. "I gotta plan, don't worry." I muttered. "If you can't beat em, join em."

Thanks to Legendary Tamer for the Trainer card and Egg of Darkrai
Thanks to Rex09 for the sprite of Sable and Kassie.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sparky nodded, making a run for the staircase as the building crumbled down all around her. Making it outside, she looked back in worry of Axel and the others. Would they be okay?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

((I'll join. =3 I'll...jump when as soon as I notice I good spot for Ty! =D You can also go to the RP Charater thread someone has for more info on him. Page 9.
Name: Tyler 'Ty' Plum
Personality: A bit hard to crack at one moment he will be quite and listening to the world and the next have a major attitude issue.
Appearance: http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o402 ... 397947.jpg his eyes are milky white because he is blind. =3
History: Ty only just got out of his old home where he was locked up from the world and is brand new to this whole Pokemon trainer stuff...but he is trying his hardest. ((Please go to his true profile for a better history if you want a better one.))
Pokemon: Fang Image Fang is the only Pokemon Ty has, and he isn't caught with a PokeBall. The Mightyena just hang around Ty to protect him, is truly bound to him by no means. Moves: (not hight in level at the moment) Bite, Howl, Sand-Attack, Swagger, Tackle
))

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Sorry Shinkou but I'm not accepting any applicants. Rex that's cool with me, I was planning on something destroying it anyway.))

I ran outside the library, watching as pieces of building flew into the air as the battles persisted. This cannot last much longer, the building will fall to the ground.

I looked at Sparky, "If they don't make it out in time, we have to go in there and find them. We need everyone to find Leo."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I made it outside, and saw only Sparky, Red, and Dusknoir standing there. "Where are the others?! We need to torch this building, and fast!" Thinking quickly, I released Psystone.

"Psystone, use Psychic! Pull Cassie, Jack, Massimo, and their pokemon out of the building!!" ((sorry guys, but you didn't post, so....)) The three trainers, Kassie, 'Cari, and Electabuzz came flying out of the windows. Psystone set them down gently next to Red and the others. I looked over my shoulder. "Sorry, but that building needs to come down now. Dusknoir, I need your help now." Dactus came out to join us. "Dactus, use Fire Blast; Dusknoir, Flamethrower!!" A large amount of fire came from our direction, racing towards my childhood home. A tear slid down my cheek.

At that moment, my Infected Father came down the stairs. I saw him through the doorway. For just a moment, his eyes reverted from red, and I saw acceptance and sorrow there. I was running towards the building, thinking I had made a mistake, when the building exploded. The shockwave blew me off my feet, away from the building. I hit the ground, hard, and lost consciousness... all I could hear was my mother asking, "Can someone find my husband...?"
((you guys can get rid of Mom if you want; otherwise, i'll do it later))

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie yelped and rolled as she hit the ground, recalling Lucario so the Pokemon wouldn't be hurt, before ducking to avoid the explosion. Despite the effort, it still blew her into a nearby building with a grunt of pain.

When her ears stopped ringing, the first thing she heard was "Can someone find my husband...?"

Crap.

Axel was out cold-- Cassie moved past him and into the ruins of the building, seeing a woman impaled by a beam from the building. She won't last much longer... The young woman knelt by the woman, voice soft and soothing. "It's okay, ma'am. We've found your husband, he's okay. Just relax and we'll have you out of there in no time."

"Good..." the woman closed her eyes, breathing shallow as blood trickled from her mouth. "Tell... tell my son... I love him..."

Her eyes unfocused and she stopped breathing quietly-- Cassie bowed her head silently for a minute then closed the woman's eyes with a hand. "I will."

((Will that do?))

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((well, technically, she was out of the building, but we can say she ran back in to find her husband, or shrapnel killed her or something; so, yup, thanks!!))
I woke up with a start, surrounded by Psystone, Sparky, Red, and the others. "W-what happened?" Then it all came back to me. Silver, Darkrai, my father.... "...Is it over yet??" It felt like I had died inside. Killing Infected innocents was one thing; killing your Infected father was another. I got up, and stumbled away, not caring where I wound up.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"It's over, Axel." Cassie spoke softly, watching the young man with compassion. "Your mother wished me to tell you that she loves you."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I turned around. "So she's dead too... Man, this day has just been... a little taxing. I think I need to be alone for a little while..."

I stopped on Canalave's bridge, watching the sun go down. What were we fighting for?? Pokemon?? Friends?? The world?? ...Family that was never going to come back?? There was so much wrong with what had happened to us on this trip... Torture, fighting, killing. I was pretty sick of it. But what was I going to do?? The one thing that my parents had always taught me was to make a commitment, and stick to it. At that moment, I knew: this fight, it wasn't over until I had revenge. For my parents, for me, and my friends. Isaac, Silver, anybody else involved... I was going to kill them all, even if I died in the process. The sun set over the horizon, bringing one world to an end, and a sadder one to a beginning.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I stared intently at the ruins. "Darkrai isn't dead." I muttered. As I spoke, I saw a shadow dart away from the ruins, headed towards me. It stopped before me, and I heard his voice. "You win, Jack." He rumbled. "I will not fight you, but watch you and your friends." The shadow flitted away before I reply. I walked to Canalave bridge where I saw Axel looking at the sunset. I walked over. "This quest gets more and more screwed up." I muttered to him.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jack walked up. I nodded. "You can say that again. When this is done, I'll find somewhere quiet... and make a memorial to all those that died. Except for Silver and Isaac. They can go rot...." I looked away again. "We'd better head back to the others..." I began walking towards the Pokemon Center, thinking that we would probably meet up there. Along the way, all I could think was, This has gone on for too long... Revenge will be sweet....

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I trotted along beside Axel, my head bowed low, Sable's body still in my hand. "I can't believe my Sable was infected." I muttered. "Now I have lost him forever." I drifted off for a moment before snapping back to reality. "Loss is a feeling I am too familiar with. Loss and abuse, that's what my early life was. Now it is loss, and rage."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked at the others that remained at the ruins of the library. "Now is the time we leave for Iron Island. Since Axel and Jack are heading towards the Center, we might as well regroup there."

I began walking over in that direction. As sad as it may be I'm glad that both Jack and Axel suffered a loss. That'll be enough to fuel their desire for the battle to come. Judging from what Issac has done so far, they will need all the fighting power they can muster.

I saw the lights from the Pokemon Center grow as I approached. Jack and Axel were already there waiting.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Grieving for those lost at the library ruins, Sparky followed quietly behind Red. She probably had figured what he was thinking. As long as they had a reason to fight, they could still be of some use. Sparky glared. It seemed only death and revenge moved this group forward. She hated that.

When they all regrouped at the Pokemon Center, Sparky walked up, unsure at first, but gave Axel a hug all the same. There wasn't anything anyone could do to set what he was feeling right. After such a loss, he shouldn't even be coming with them. He should be trying to let it all out, but instead he was bottling it all in. For who? Isaac and Silver, of course.

Sparky made her decision. Even though she liked Axel, if his revenge is it cut Silver down if he gets in his path, Sparky will stop him and anyone else who tries it. Especially Red.

---

Leo gasped, panting for air. He fell to one knee, sweat pouring from his face as he tried to control his breathing. They were atop of Iron Island's peek. They had been crossing blades for awhile now, and now Leo knew everything Silver did.

"Very good, Leo," Silver crossed his arms after lunging his heavy blade into the ground, "The training's over. You did well."

Leo managed to stand up, wiping the sweat from his forehead. He sighed, looking over his hand. He was feeling more relaxed now, and he felt stronger than ever before, "Yeah..." he began, "I still don't know if I can do it, obey Isaac's instructions that is..."

Silver looked down, "Well, I don't have a choice. But you do," he smirked.

Isaac looked up to him in a gasp, "Wh-what do you mean?"

"You heard me," his smile left him, looking back to Leo, "Remember what you said before... About following your heart instead of your head, and that you would stop that? You shouldn't. You should never lose it. What I mean to say Leo is that you should always follow your heart, no matter what anyone says."

Leo glared down, staring at the dagger he held in his hand, "...When I died, I was ten years old. This year I should've turned 15, but my appearance looks more like a 12 year old... I'll probably be a kid for a long while now, and I'll probably always be shorter than everyone else... Who knows, maybe what you said may be true, that Red does plan to kill us and himself either way... But my years are catching up to be now. It's been hard, so hard I stop and wonder how my heart could take it all with so much pain going on in the world... But really, I guess I'm afraid... If I do follow my heart, what if I get myself killed or worse... kill someone else."

A moment passed. After awhile, Silver simply chuckled. He placed a hand to the handle of the large sword, "You're worrying? Come on man, that's not the Leo I'VE heard about."

"Huh?" Leo murmured.

"You're a hothead, Leo. You weren't ever so serious. You're arrogant, stubborn, impolite... but you're a good person who always followed his heart, no matter what," Silver smiled, "At least, that's what Sparky always used to tell me. Leo, follow your heart and be yourself. That's what living is all about."

Speechless, Leo let out a silent gasp as the wind blew harshly around them. That's right. Leo changed into a completely different person, didn't he? Leo almost completely forgot who he was. All this pain and sadness... it was changing him. But not anymore. Soon, Leo chuckled back, smiling, "Hehe, yep! That's right! Oh, and Silver, did I ever tell you that I'm going to be Pokemon Champion someday?!"

Silver laughed, "Haha, yeah. I might've heard about that."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Red, Cassie, and Sparky walked in, Sparky giving me a quick hug. I glanced down. In all the doom and death, this little Pokemon, who had suffered just as much as anyone else, was trying to make everyone else feel better. There's so much that we could learn from them... sometimes I wonder if we're wrong... I dropped to a knee, and, holding Sparky, sobbed. For my father, for my mother, for Leo, for Sable, for Dusknoir, and for everyone we'd known, lost, or killed... That night was the first time I had cried in many years. And it wasn't the last, either.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next