It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:10 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Why the hostility? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What's up with the Hatred of S-e-r-e-b-i-i whenever I type it in It comes out as HELL so whats and Where's the beef? Although the HELL part is funny I was just wondering why so hostile?

EDIT: 100th post

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Dark_Swampert on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's just a rivalry. Also, congrats on the 100th post!

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:59 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Steel_Eel wrote:

Yes, we're so petty that's CLEARLY the reason. Just like you can't say Bulbapedia, Pokebeach, or any other Pokemon website on our forums.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jigglypuff wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:

Yes, we're so petty that's CLEARLY the reason. Just like you can't say Bulbapedia, Pokebeach, or any other Pokemon website on our forums.

Damn, that post I made was so newfag. ANyways, I remember AnimeFreak, in all his 'wisdom', nearly got banned for talking about Pokebeach on the Isshu Region boards.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Steel_Eel wrote:
ANyways, I remember AnimeFreak, in all his 'wisdom', nearly got banned for talking about Pokebeach on the Isshu Region boards.

No, he didn't. Just like him, you seem to have entirely missed the point of that discussion; that coming here to tell our visitors to go read news or a guide, or use a tool, or whatever else on another site when we already offer the same content is nothing short of insulting to those who spent the time making it for this site. And look at that, it's the very same reason previous admins grew tired of dealing with people constantly spamming the forums with links to another website for the same content those admins had worked hard to provide right here.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jigglypuff wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:
ANyways, I remember AnimeFreak, in all his 'wisdom', nearly got banned for talking about Pokebeach on the Isshu Region boards.

No, he didn't. Just like him, you seem to have entirely missed the point of that discussion; that coming here to tell our visitors to go read news or a guide, or use a tool, or whatever else on another site when we already offer the same content is nothing short of insulting to those who spent the time making it for this site. And look at that, it's the very same reason previous admins grew tired of dealing with people constantly spamming the forums with links to another website for the same content those admins had worked hard to provide right here.
That makes sense. Cuz I know on s-e-r-e-b-i-i they have something similar to what you guys do. They also will ban you after posting about another Pokemon site a few times.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:21 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Um...I love how you keep bypassing the censor, which we set up FOR A REASON, NOT TO BE BYPASSED.

Quote:

He didn't get "nearly" banned, and it wasn't for that. It was because he was an idiot.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

[quote="Krisp"]Um...I love how you keep bypassing the censor, which we set up FOR A REASON, NOT TO BE BYPASSED.

[quote] I'm gonna take a wild guess think you mean me saying s-e-r-e-b-i-i instead of sereb!! or the actual spelling wich will come out as HELL

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Krisp wrote:
Um...I love how you keep bypassing the censor, which we set up FOR A REASON, NOT TO BE BYPASSED.

I'm gonna take a wild guess think you mean me saying s-e-r-e-b-i-i instead of sereb!! or the actual spelling wich will come out as HELL
I have bypassed the censor for words that could be taken the wrong way. For example, in Rex09's RP we hijacked a plane from Team Magma and the word cockpit was censored. Obviously, it's the front of a plane, but some people could take it the wrong way.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:

Quote:

He didn't get "nearly" banned, and it wasn't for that. It was because he was an idiot.

Anime_Freak was an Idiot. but you guys never changed his name to anime_tard, like you should've D: but HELL is a terrible place. It's just insanity. And the people there = annoying douchebags. I was on that forum for a week, and they annoyed me.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Krisp wrote:

Quote:

Anime_Freak was an Idiot. but you guys never changed his name to anime_tard, like you should've D: but HELL is a terrible place. It's just insanity. And the people there = annoying douchebags. I was on that forum for a week, and they annoyed me.

True that. I only know one nice person on there. He's NidoPrince on these forums, and I know him personally.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

truth be told the guys on serebii are a bunch of jerks

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can understand why the administration here would be annoyed with people referencing the tools/content in Serebii, since it is pretty much the exact same thing provided on the main site, but is there some other reason for this deep seated rivalry? Like were little Psypoke and Serebii best friends and then they liked the same boy and decided to hated each other over it? Or is it simply a petty rivarly?

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:38 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

We're not dedicating this thread (or any thread) to bash another Pokemon fansite.

By the way, there is no rivalry. We have a filter system that we use to censor offensive things and, in this case, we use it for our own amusement. That is all.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:06 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]