This is basically a thread about tips how you can be a spam free member. Spamming is a big issue on these forums and I would like to take the time to list the things that can help you to not become a spammer and may be banned from the forums.
Don't double post
- this is when you are the same poster twice in a row, this is not only annoying to other members and is a very lame way to up your post count. Instead please edit your last post, or delete one of them and say you are sorry. It is very simple and polite otherwise a Gym Leader/Admin will delete it and give a warning.
Don't post if you have nothing to say
- only post something that is a question, answer, or an important announcements/comments. Don't post things like: '
' or one word posts like 'thanks' or 'what?!?!'. Please use full sentences.
If you can, PM them
- if you want to talk to someone directly, PM them rather than making a new thread or post. Things like answers to a question or a useful comment can be posted on the thread. If you do something like: 'RaichuLatias what did you have for breakfast?' this can result in that thread being locked and you may get a warning.
Don't bring back old stuff
- threads that haven't been posted in weeks or months shouldn't be posted in, there is a reason why people haven't posted in a while.
Read posts carefully
- if you don't know what they mean you may need to just read it again, if you are still stuck just say so. Also please make sure you question/comment/answer makes sense by re- reading.
Don't post a question that has already been answered
- it really ticks everyone off. Please carefully look in the right forum for your answer, the answer may just be there. Or use the search tool that is located at the main menu.
Don't think that you HAVE to post in every thread
- don't go posting at everything you can see. Especially when the question has been answered, or if it has no relations to the topic. It can get very annoying, please if you have something to say that has no real use to anyone it please, don't post it.
Know what you are talking about
- simple just like the next one.
Don't go off topic
- make a new thread, it is that easy.
Don't ask the same question twice
- it is very likely that your question will be answered if you only post it once, if it isn't answered in the next couple of days post it again or PM someone that you may think know the answer to.
Post into the right place
- think carefully were your question/comment should be put, if you don't know just take a put and say that you did not know and maybe request someone to move it into the right place.
'but I'm bored' is no excuse
- lame excuses can result you in getting in more trouble then you were before, just say sorry and don't do it again.
Don't go insulting people (flaming)
- this is probably the worst type of spamming. It hurts people's feelings, and gives you a very bad reputation. If you flame hard enough it could result in an instant ban.
Follow these tips
- not really a spamming tip that a good tip none the less. I you want to have a good time a these forums please take them all into consideration and please help the Gym Leaders/Admins out.
If I have left anything important out or disagree with these tips please say so, though don't spam, thank you.
P.S. If you say anything that has already been said you will get into trouble by me. And don't spam in the anti- spamming thread.