It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Starters' Types: pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, pure Water. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In the anime conecpt art for BW tsbusua looks like its dark type nothing like a poison type.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

POkabu = fire/fighting just kidding. But I actually came up with an idea that makes sense that could make Mijumaru it is an otter right it could grow a tail similar to {floatzel} 's and make it like a propeller but then they might as well call it Floatzel-fly

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i just saw, for the first time, the picture with the floating gummy bear, the mineral pony and the gothic witch. And now that i have an insight to what gen 5 pokemon look like, i think pokabu is as likely to become captain falcon as it is to become anything else.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:53 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

That was your first time seeing Rankurusu, Gochiruzeru and Shikijika (if thats what you mean, dont know what else you could mean)?! Those three, especially Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru, were revealed awhile ago! Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru are both version excluusive and Psychic types, Shikijika changes with the seasons. And if those are the three you mean, thats just sad it took you this long to see them...

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really hope Tsutaja is Grass/Dragon, that would be pretty awesome. Sure its 4x week to Ice but you could just not try to use it against Ice Pokemon, thats what Fire Types and Fghting types are for I have a feeling if that were true, Pokabu and Mijmaru would be left out alot.

Mijumaru is interesting because it litterally could be anthing, some people are saying Water/ Fighting which would be kinda interesting, apperent because Mijumaru gets an attck called Shell Blade, so some people are imagining with their wild imaginations something like a samurai otter as its evo that would be pretty cool and awesome if true, then more people would pick it.

Pokabu could go any direction, I originally thought it could be Fire/ Ground, but some people think Fire/Dark because of its orange and black coloring, but i think it could go any way. Pokabu is somewhat of a mystery because its evolution wanst shone in the Beat Wishes beta art, so it will truly be a surprise unless we get another leak of some sort before the games come out. Im reallly hoping for a Starter Evolution leak close to the 18th

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What if pokabu ends up to be bipedal or mijamuru could me a quadoropod??

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If it is Grass/Dragon, and Mijmaru-thingy turns out as a badass physical sweeper like I'm expecting, I might be having some trouble justifying Pokabu as my choice

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's good to dream but we all know that they will stick to the basics grass/fire/water

{bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur} {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise} {charmander} {charmeleon} {charizard}
{chikorita} {bayleef} {meganium} {totodile} {croconaw} {feraligatr} {cyndaquil} {quilava} {typhlosion}
{treecko} {grovyle} {sceptile} {mudkip} {marshtomp} {swampert} {torchic} {combusken} {blaziken}
{turtwig} {grotle} {torterra} {piplup} {prinplup} {empoleon} {chimchar} {monferno} {infernape}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark_Swampert wrote:
It's good to dream but we all know that they will stick to the basics grass/fire/water

{bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur} {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise} {charmander} {charmeleon} {charizard}
{chikorita} {bayleef} {meganium} {totodile} {croconaw} {feraligatr} {cyndaquil} {quilava} {typhlosion}
{treecko} {grovyle} {sceptile} {mudkip} {marshtomp} {swampert} {torchic} {combusken} {blaziken}
{turtwig} {grotle} {torterra} {piplup} {prinplup} {empoleon} {chimchar} {monferno} {infernape}

I think we have established that already.

Anyway, as for secondary typing, Tsutarja can and should be part dragon IMHO. It will finally let more people try a grass starter for some change. Pokabu can be anything but Fire/Fighting and Fire/Dragon for obvious reasons, and Mijumaru can be Water/Fighting for all I care.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm also think that Tsutaaja will be a Grass/Dragon, but Pokabu will be pure Fire type. While Mijumaru will be a Water/Ice.

Off-Topic: I don't really see the reason why Pokabu should be labeled as an Instant Bacon.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Because you send it out, and it gets fried >.>

The picture i was talking about was the one where the one in the middle looks like a Heatran, which Kurushel says could be Probopass' evo in another topic in this forum. i already know the seasons one.

i find it so unlikely they'd make dragon a secondary type. We've already had 3 dragon-like starters (Charizard, Feraligatr, Sceptile), and none of them are dragon type.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There's a first for everything.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
I'm also think that Tsutaaja will be a Grass/Dragon, but Pokabu will be pure Fire type. While Mijumaru will be a Water/Ice.

Off-Topic: I don't really see the reason why Pokabu should be labeled as an Instant Bacon.

Its a fire piglet, just one flamethrower, lava plume or whatever, and you have InstantBacon

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If Wotter ends up a water/fighting and tsubasa ends up being a grass/dark ten pokabu could be fire/ psychic think of it the whole cycle thing

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer wrote:
If Wotter ends up a water/fighting and tsubasa ends up being a grass/dark ten pokabu could be fire/ psychic think of it the whole cycle thing

Nice reasoning and id have to agree, think of the Gen 4 starters:

Fire/fighting
Water/Steel
Grass/Ground

Give the dissadvantged type a boost ( save for empoleon) with another type thats strong against it weakness.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

InstantBacon wrote:
DarkTrainer13 wrote:

Its a fire piglet, just one flamethrower, lava plume or whatever, and you have InstantBacon

Is that so? Then Torchic=Instant Fried Chicken?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

They could do what fantards have wanted for ages, Grass-Psy, Water-Fighting, Fire-Dark. I recall people wanting the starters to be Psy, Dark, and Fighting at some point and this "should" cause mixed immunities and weaknesses between the triangle... My typing advantage is rusty but Psy>Dark Dark>Fighting Fighting>Psy?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

^That's exactly the opposite.^

I am ever hopeful that Pokabu (fire type) will be dark type based on the fact it's ears and top of head look and are colored like a black bandanna. If so, it'll be the first time I ever take a fire type starter on my first play through. (I absolutely despise the fanatical following they tend to have.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think that pokabu seems like it will fire/ground, mijumaru (hopefully) will be fighting, and tsutaja should be grass and dragon/dark that would help the fact that grass alone is pretty much horrible

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, People. Give it up, THEY'RE NOT MAKING TSUTAAJA DRAGON. they never will. They're not gonna change it, and really grass isn't being under-appreciated, but more picked-on. the pokemon itself is a perfectly strong and good one, but the thing is half of them are the ones that are most difficult due to gym leaders and elites. If i'm correct, Venusaur was the only "easy" choice out of the grass starters in the games. maybe torterra.. but i think he was more of a "middle of the road" choice.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

iPsychotikz wrote:
i think that pokabu seems like it will fire/ground

Don't say that! -_-

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
the thing is half of them are the ones that are most difficult due to gym leaders and elites. If i'm correct, Venusaur was the only "easy" choice out of the grass starters in the games. maybe torterra.. but i think he was more of a "middle of the road" choice.

Moving aside all my confusion about the structuring of your words, the underlying reason they are hard to use against many gym leaders and e4's is because grass pokemon DO HAVE, along with the rock type, one of the most number of weakness in the game. Grass moves are also RESISTED BY A NUMBER of types, and types that grass are super-effective against are covered by more common choices like water types.

That's not even mentioning that the Grass starters have the LOWEST base stats OF ALL TIME, from Gen 1 to gen 4. Tell me, how many grass types do you see in the OU category?

Grass aren't under-appreciated, I give you that. They are under-powered. Tell me they aren't.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
They are under-powered. Tell me they aren't.

A special attacker that can easily beat Blissey
One of the most versatile Pokemon in OU
See above, but without the weaknesses to Bug, Ghost and Dark
This guy's swept most of the OU teams I've seen
Bet you've seen this lead many times before
Guess what's one of the dominant UU pokemon?
After using just one move, it has 700 speed. And that's un-scarfed
Many people pack a Crobat JUST for this guy
It's unbeatable in a team based around it
Good luck beating this duck in the rain
Subseed in hail anyone?

Sorry to burst your bubble like this

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Okay, People. Give it up, THEY'RE NOT MAKING TSUTAAJA DRAGON. they never will.

We can dream cant we?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
We can dream cant we?

Yes, we can! Anyway about Tsutaaja's type, if Grass/Dragon was impossible, fine, i wish it should be a Grass/Flying instead. (Not Grass/Poison)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next