It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Doctor who 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Right, no idea if anyones made a topic on this but...
Anyone watch Doctor Who?
If so, do you like the new series??
Did you prefer the old series?
Did you prefer the OLD old series?
Who's your favourite Doctor?
Sorry if most of you are American (as ive noticed) and this is just a British thing, im not entirly sure, but...opinions of those who have seen it...

Fri May 14, 2010 5:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes! Dr. Who is one of my favorite shows! It's one of the best things to come out of The UK since the Beatles! I had not expected much from the new season, but I think it is almost better than the older seasons! I think the newest Doctor is the best, but the last Doctor was still just as good. Most of the people I know don't care much for Dr.Who, so it's good to know that I'm not the only one!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know just how you feel. Nobody i know likes it.
I watched from christopher eccelson-david dennant and Matt smith. but none before. It's actually really good and i advise most people to take the time, watch the first episode of the 'newer' ones and give it a chance.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OMG I love Dr Who!!!
I'm from Canada and I'm hooked.
I've only watched the newer series, with Christopher Eccelson, David Tennant and Matt Smith. The older series of Dr. Who makes me laugh and I can't watch it because of that. XD
From what I've seen I know of two other people in Canada I got hooked to Dr. Who. :P

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

VikasVonKrugar wrote:
OMG I love Dr Who!!!
I've only watched the newer series, with Christopher Eccelson, David Tennant and Matt Smith. The older series of Dr. Who makes me laugh and I can't watch it because of that. XD
From what I've seen I know of two other people in Canada I got hooked to Dr. Who. :P

Niceee. i've seen 1 of the old series and it was so funny. Not comedy, just how bad the effects are.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Darkrai-follower wrote:
VikasVonKrugar wrote:
OMG I love Dr Who!!!

Niceee. i've seen 1 of the old series and it was so funny. Not comedy, just how bad the effects are.

Yeah thats why I couldn't watch it, I have seen pieces of a few episodes.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Season Finale was amazing!!1!!! I can't wait for the next season!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah it was, it could have been better though. I still want David back though...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do we get this show in America?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Do we get this show in America?

well I get it in Canada so you should get it in America, it's on the Space Chanel

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So i take it that in America/Canada it's not exactly a big hit?
It''s on one of our main channels over here in the UK. Probably the best Sci-fi TV show here at the moment. (EVEN the repeats)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WirelessBrain wrote:
So i take it that in America/Canada it's not exactly a big hit?

Well, from what I've been able to gather, it's a primarily British show, which is why I'm unsure if we even have it.

EDIT: Okay, I just looked it up. We get it on BBC America. I'll consider checking it out when I can find the time.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, we got it on BBC here. But if you're into Sci-fi it's worth a watch, but if not i'd give an episode a go because it's quite funny a times too.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, wasn't expecting it to be so big across the pond, by that I mean anyone knowing about it. Personally, I enjoyed the Eccleston-Tennant series' but I've stopped watching now. I'm not sure whether its me or the script writers, but I found as the plots became larger and more extravagant, alot of the best bits were lost. Does anyone remember the episode with the gas mask kids with the scars on their hands? For me, that was one of the best episodes, that and the one with the Dalek that was dying. Although I preferred David Tennant's acting and take on the Doctor, I found the plots and ideas in the first few series the best because as the budgets got bigger, they tended to get less creative and imaginative. I'm sorry for rambling but does anyone agree with me or do you think that the bigger finales are better?

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Neither was i to be quite honest...
And I have the Eccelson-Tennant series' on dvd, Tennant was my favourite by far. And i do remember that one with teh Gas mask kid,. That was quite creepy. My favourite big finale was the recent one how David tennenat ended. That was great.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Wow, didn't expect to find this topic here ^_^

I'm Singaporean, but I got hooked on Doctor Who when I went to university in Britain (thanks to a friend who loves DW and resembles David Tennant...)

I've watched clips of the old series (Tom Baker and Peter Davison FTW), and the only one I've been really creeped out by was one of the early Auton episodes, with I think Roger Delgado as the Master (black hair and Evil Beard) had a plastic inflatable armchair actually EAT a human... urgh.

Watched all the new series (I'm a little behind with Eleven's stuff), and ADORE David Tennant (I identify him as "the Doctor"), so yes, Ten is my favorite Doctor because Tennant did such a good job with him. I still haven't watched End of Time because it -will- make me cry (Waters of Mars, while brilliant, nearly made me cry at the end.)

Gas mask zombies was the Empty Child/Doctor Dances two-parter. That was BRILLIANT (and the fact that I have a soft spot for Jack contributes).

Favorite episodes... Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Tooth and Claw, School Reunion (Sarah-Jane & K-9 = win.), Doomsday (because I really, really despise Rose), Shakespeare Code, Lazarus Experiment, Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords (John Simm absolutely blew me away as the Master), and just about any Donna episode except Turn Left. Yes, I'm a Donna fan ^_^

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GOT to comment on your 'location' underneath your avatar. Love it. <3

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ahhh good old Dr.Who. Gotta love with what they did with the season finally.

Im also from canada and watch it on space. I also watched it when it was on CBC. Cant wait for the next season. Anyone knows when it starts.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

WirelessBrain wrote:
GOT to comment on your 'location' underneath your avatar. Love it. <3

Why thank you ^_^

I <3 David Tennant/Ten as you can probably tell...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah i can tell..he is my fave doctor by far.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, favorite companion? Mine are Donna and Jack, then Martha, and Rose last because I -really- don't like her.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

In order... Jack (i watch Torchwood too)...Donna...Martha...Rose.

Mainly in that order because Donna's series was funny and mostly comical (water pistol as a weapon part was funny)...Jack is just awsome...Martha was a good actor but her series wasn't that good until the finale...Rose was good when christopher eccelson was the doctor but after that she was rubbish.

In the latest series with Matt Smith...He comes a close second with david tennant as my fave doctor but he doesnt quite do it as well as David...And his companion, Amy Pond is better thn Rose but not as good as Martha.

Speaking in storyline, The best series was The Donna Noble series by far...many of laughs.

---------
My favourite episode ever has got to be...hmm... *actually thinking while typing*

The last episode with Donna Noble in...Where she becomes the 'Doctor Donna'..very funny but good plot.

Yeah, i kinda said most of what i could about favourites but my fingers hurt now so i might say more later.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've seen it a couple of times, but I couldn't really get into it www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6UcEn9hyI This song is funny and is Dr. Who related O.O

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

WirelessBrain wrote:
In order... Jack (i watch Torchwood too)...Donna...Martha...Rose.

Mainly in that order because Donna's series was funny and mostly comical (water pistol as a weapon part was funny)...Jack is just awsome...Martha was a good actor but her series wasn't that good until the finale...Rose was good when christopher eccelson was the doctor but after that she was rubbish.

In the latest series with Matt Smith...He comes a close second with david tennant as my fave doctor but he doesnt quite do it as well as David...And his companion, Amy Pond is better thn Rose but not as good as Martha.

Speaking in storyline, The best series was The Donna Noble series by far...many of laughs.

---------
My favourite episode ever has got to be...hmm... *actually thinking while typing*

The last episode with Donna Noble in...Where she becomes the 'Doctor Donna'..very funny but good plot.

Yeah, i kinda said most of what i could about favourites but my fingers hurt now so i might say more later.

How about the bit in "Partners in Crime" when Donna and the Doctor spot each other through the windows and have that mimed conversation? Funniest part -ever-.

Last of the Time Lords was brilliant with John Simm. He's so... amiably evil. Freema was really good in that finale... but I confess I'm a fan of "Lazarus Experiment" and "42".

I reckon Rose was good with Nine because he was all grumpy and gruff, and she provided a nice contrast. When Ten came along... ugh.

Amy is like a younger and less cynical version of Donna IMO. Which might be kinda why I like her.

Journey's End made me cry with what happened to Donna. Most important woman in the universe... and she'll never know about it.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LadyMiir wrote:
Journey's End made me cry with what happened to Donna. Most important woman in the universe... and she'll never know about it.

It never made me cry but i was a bit dissapointed at how she never remembered any of it.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next