It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Spreading the Virus! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so this is more of a general "How do I shot Pokerus?" thread. I have a few main questions. Yes, I checked Psypoke's page on Pokerus, but a few things weren't answered for me.

1.) How does Pokerus spread to the other Pokemon in your team?
Does it spread based on the number of steps you take or does it spread when you battle, etc?

2.) This is a stupid noob question, but, if I have a Pokemon in say my Ruby version with the virus and then Pal Park it over to Diamond, does the Pokerus stay and will it infect the Pokemon in Diamond?

3.) Does it work on the Gamecube Games?
I don't know if anyone's tried it, but can you spread Pokerus to your Pokemon in Colosseum or XD? Also, can you catch Pokerus in Colosseum or XD?

4.) Last one, I swear, does anyone know the exact chance of getting Pokerus?
I know its rare, but how rare is it exactly? Like 1 in 10000? What?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magus wrote:
Okay, so this is more of a general "How do I shot Pokerus?" thread. I have a few main questions. Yes, I checked Psypoke's page on Pokerus, but a few things weren't answered for me.

1.) How does Pokerus spread to the other Pokemon in your team?
Does it spread based on the number of steps you take or does it spread when you battle, etc?

2.) This is a stupid noob question, but, if I have a Pokemon in say my Ruby version with the virus and then Pal Park it over to Diamond, does the Pokerus stay and will it infect the Pokemon in Diamond?

3.) Does it work on the Gamecube Games?
I don't know if anyone's tried it, but can you spread Pokerus to your Pokemon in Colosseum or XD? Also, can you catch Pokerus in Colosseum or XD?

4.) Last one, I swear, does anyone know the exact chance of getting Pokerus?
I know its rare, but how rare is it exactly? Like 1 in 10000? What?

1. It is easiest to spread Pokerus in battle (I think it's a 1/3 chance to spread after each battle)
2. The Pokerus will stay and infect Pokemon in Diamond
3. (Don't know)
4. I think it was originally 3/65536 (in Gen II), but I'm not sure now. I've gotten Pokerus at least five times, so it's probably not that rare.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can partially answer question 3 - there are no "wild" pokemon in Colosseum, but there are in XD.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The pokerus should spread to Pal Park. I would hurry with getting it because pokerus wears off. So spread it to your party, then put the infected pokemon in the PC so it keeps it.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LeoTheLion wrote:
I can partially answer question 3 - there are no "wild" pokemon in Colosseum, but there are in XD.

That's actually not the question, the real question was if Pokerus functions in the Gamecube games, can it spread to your party members (say if you traded a Pokemon from Ruby or Sapphire) and does it wear off after three days like it normally does? I haven't seen anything that specifies if battles involving spreading -not getting- Pokerus have to be wild or not.

Dark_Swampert wrote:
The pokerus should spread to Pal Park. I would hurry with getting it because pokerus wears off. So spread it to your party, then put the infected pokemon in the PC so it keeps it.

I know about the "time limit" you have, the thread was for questions not answered by the Psypoke page on Pokerus.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

for number 1 i just run around doing things for awhile

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]