It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gen V Villains/Team Plasma Discussion 
Fails at life
Fails at life

Charon...hmm...i forgot about him, its been awhile since i played Platinum. And with Jasmine being there...it doesnt exactly scream remake but i did like the fact they put her in it. And does the fact that like half the sinnoh leaders are in HGSS scream remake to you? No. Not for awhile at least...and one more thing, now that you reminded me of Charon, Cheren isnt so original Charon<----->Cheren...same name.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AHA! now that's a idea! Charon problably lived there and he was named Cheren, but changed his name to Charon. BTW, Charon (chair-on) Cheren (care-n')

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

new plasma type....
team plasma to harvest power....
only poke able to challenge arceus with 720 bst....

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
new plasma type....

we've already ruled that out. plasma is just fire and electric together. but a fire/electric pokemon would be interesting.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Could it be the Fire/Electric is Pokabu's final evolution type?
Anyway, i'm wondering what plot does Team Plasma are going to be.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Do you really even have to ask that question , for the past 4 or 5 games the criminals have been going after legendary pokemon , it happened in the hoenn , shinoh , orre , fioree and most every other pokemon game i have ever played

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No, i mean, what do they want to do with that legendary pokemon. (e.g. Team Rocket wants to rule the world, Team Aqua and Magma wants to expand the sea and landmass respectively, and Team Galactic wants to destroy the current universe and make a new one)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
new plasma type....

we've already ruled that out. plasma is just fire and electric together. but a fire/electric pokemon would be interesting.

did you learn nothing from rayquaza and giratina there will be a new poke

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
No, i mean, what do they want to do with that legendary pokemon. (e.g. Team Rocket wants to rule the world, Team Aqua and Magma wants to expand the sea and landmass respectively, and Team Galactic wants to destroy the current universe and make a new one)

They want to shift the balance of something between trainer and pokemon.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Yeah, Team Plasma wants to liberate pokemon

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i dont think the new poke will be gray. i think it will be chrome.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Nope its going tobe grey the legendaries are shanghai chrome is not chang hai of even related to yin or yang

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Is it just me, or is Isshu enforcing many Pokemon steriotypes? If so, a good thing to copy would be the 8th gym leader backstory. Isshu's 8th gym leader should be the leader of Team Plasma! He/she could also use the Dark Type! It would kill two Pidgey with one stone, and it would make sense (villain = dark).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
If so, a good thing to copy would be the 8th gym leader backstory. Isshu's 8th gym leader should be the leader of Team Plasma! He/she could also use the Dark Type! It would kill two Pidgey with one stone, and it would make sense (villain = dark).

I'm completely agree with you, but why don't make the leader the champion instead? It could be interesting.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, the champion archetype/character (not sure if it's extensive enough to be called an archetype, but w/e...) is usually the upholder of good. for instance, lance always helps you against rocket. cynthia as well. steven, wallace..... all good guys. i think blue's the only one who isn't a pure good guy; he's just an asshole and the antagonist, but not a villain in the sense of the teams. so overall, i disagree with the champion being the boss leader, but eigth gym leader sounds good. since that's how it was in Gen I....

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

and, like the third game you get iris's kibago that follows you like in yellow, that would be auesome!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:
well, the champion archetype/character (not sure if it's extensive enough to be called an archetype, but w/e...) is usually the upholder of good. for instance, lance always helps you against rocket. cynthia as well. steven, wallace..... all good guys. i think blue's the only one who isn't a pure good guy; he's just an asshole and the antagonist, but not a villain in the sense of the teams. so overall, i disagree with the champion being the boss leader, but eigth gym leader sounds good. since that's how it was in Gen I....

I dunno, while the Champion shouldn't be evil, eighth Gym Leader has been done, any other Gym Leader seems too early, and Elite Four member sounds lame. I think the Champion would be an awesome spot for the evil leader. And it could explain why they get away with so much. I feel that having him/her as Champion would make one effective climax instead of two "half-climaxes" like most of the other games.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Having the villian boss as the champion would be interesting, but that would still conflict with team plasma's goal to liberate pokemon, wouldn't it?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

romon1 wrote:
I dunno, while the Champion shouldn't be evil, eighth Gym Leader has been done, any other Gym Leader seems too early, and Elite Four member sounds lame. I think the Champion would be an awesome spot for the evil leader. And it could explain why they get away with so much. I feel that having him/her as Champion would make one effective climax instead of two "half-climaxes" like most of the other games.

personally, i think of it as the climaxes to two different plots; one to the story, and one to the actual gameplay. i'm just against the leader being champion. dunno why, i guess it could be interesting. but yeah, that's my opinion...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that you thought that people will think "How could an Elite Four leaded by the leader of crime organization?", and makes the image of Elite Four worse.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
I think that you thought that people will think "How could an Elite Four leaded by the leader of crime organization?", and makes the image of Elite Four worse.

something like that... i had to stop posting to go eat dinner, and i was going to edit the rest of my reasoning in, but i can't remember now... X_X

i wonder what's the significance of the knight uniforms??

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:

Knight uniforms? Is that the Plasma uniform? Has that been confirmed?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Knight uniforms? Is that the Plasma uniform? Has that been confirmed?

Yes, I beleive that has already been confiremed. As for there significants, all I can think of is that team plasma is an anceint order.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Templar Knights anyone , they went after the holy grail , what I think is going to happen is that they are going to use the legendaris to change the balance between humans and pokemon seeing as the two legendaries are yin and yang andthey balance each other out

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yin and Yang...
Ancient order...
Liberate pokemon...
Giant castle appears when dude puts on crown...
I think Team Plasma and BW entirely will be better than all the past games, I agree that they may be trying to remove balance, they may have been an ancient order, or they just want to hurl the world back in time basically and remove all technology...and probably make it a monarchy where Team Plasma rules. The man with the crown in the one preview trailers is probably the head of team Plasma, and seeing as he looks similar to N, they're likely related. That also may be the cause of N's plans. So they do want to take over according to the theory I just stated, except they want to do it by liberating pokemon and removing technology...big plans. And if there is no technology and no pokemon, there is no longer the balance...think i'm right? Or at least close?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next