It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Only Isshu Pokemon? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

InstantBacon wrote:
Dark_Swampert wrote:
Hoenn was great with all new pokemon. If the game is like Hoenn then I'll be ok, but if the pokemon are as bad as Sinnoh then I wont be.

Hated Sinnoh? Wow, the pokemon were the main thing that let RSE down imo

I loved Hoenn, and the main reason I hated Sinnoh was because I thought they came up with the story just to try to trump Hoenn's.

Plus I didnt think the Sinnoh pokemon were very original.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

oh, sinnoh's pokemon were original. Dusclops was a mummy, Electabuzz was a cool, speed-looking tiger, Porygon2 was a simple, better upgrade of Porygon, Magneton was actually just a bunch of Magnemite stuck together, Rhydon was a grown-up looking version of Rhyhorn, and Misdreavus was a cute little harmless ghost. Then came their evolutions, which were FAR too original. sinnoh's pokemon being original is why sinnoh's pokemon sucked so bad.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slim Shady wrote:
sinnoh's pokemon being original is why sinnoh's pokemon sucked so bad.

Say, why did it became so bad if it is so original? Doesn't it makes something good?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark_Swampert wrote:
InstantBacon wrote:
Dark_Swampert wrote:
Hoenn was great with all new pokemon. If the game is like Hoenn then I'll be ok, but if the pokemon are as bad as Sinnoh then I wont be.

Hated Sinnoh? Wow, the pokemon were the main thing that let RSE down imo

I loved Hoenn, and the main reason I hated Sinnoh was because I thought they came up with the story just to try to trump Hoenn's.

Plus I didnt think the Sinnoh pokemon were very original.

Yeah, I didn't like the storyline either. Still most of the Hoenn pokemon have grown on me over time, I guess you've got to appreciate them as a different style to the Kanto/Johto pokemon and not be too judgemental. Still, they're not all bad

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:40 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Say, why did it became so bad if it is so original? Doesn't it makes something good?

*sign*...not always the case unfortunetely...

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
I am just afraid of the fact that everyone will have basically the same in-game and possibly competetive team. Since we will be restricted to only Isshu Pokemon for the most part of the game, people will probably flock to the 6 strongest pokemon.

In Gen IV, there was a lot more variety in peoples' in-game teams.

So really what I am saying is that I hope there will be enough good Isshu Pokemon for people to have many options for their teams.

Same here...I felt that their hasn't really been enough good pokemon among pretty much any set of pokemon by it's lone self to actually give players much of any variety...seeing as they most likely won't have any methods of getting older pokemon to the newer games in anyway until the national dex is obtained, I would like it if I didn't get left want this not to be the case later due to the lack of good pokemon in the region & also the placement of those good pokemon which always seems to be only available late story ingame which I find to be really stupid, period...

Again, I hope that if say, you get the national dex in say...Black Version card & traded some older region pokemon from say...Diamond Version card that those older region pokemon can then be traded from the Black Version card they went to...to say a White Version card or another Black Version card cause if not I will be thouroughly disappointed kind of like I was when I found out about trading from FRLG to RSE & vice-versa's requirements, really disappointed...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
DarkTrainer13 wrote:

I see, i don't have Gen IV game so i don't know the storyline, but it seems that it wasn't really good.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:18 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

It wasnt the story, it was the pokemon. Ugh, Im beginning to like them less and less *longsigh* In my opinion (especially Platinum) the story was pretty good. And how can you not own a single gen 4 game?!

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
DarkTrainer13 wrote:
I see, i don't have Gen IV game so i don't know the storyline, but it seems that it wasn't really good.

Oh my bad...was actually referring to the originality of the older pokemon's new sinnoh evolved forms which I though you were talking about, not the story which was okay but not original but again, not talking about the story, my bad...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
And how can you not own a single gen 4 game?!

You see, my country's economy wasn't really good, so the prices for food and daily livings rise, it make my daily money cut off, so i don't have a DSi or DSLite. In short, i don't have money to buy one. My cousin does have a DSLite, but he lived in different city. So, maybe i could buy a DSi or DSLite (Or 3Ds if it was released after i got the money) after i collect money and wait.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
And how can you not own a single gen 4 game?!

You see, my country's economy wasn't really good, so the prices for food and daily livings rise, it make my daily money cut off, so i don't have a DSi or DSLite. In short, i don't have money to buy one. My cousin does have a DSLite, but he lived in different city. So, maybe i could buy a DSi or DSLite (Or 3Ds if it was released after i got the money) after i collect money and wait.

hmm...you really should[: I recommend either DSI or DSIXL, they have internet connection, a camera etc. thats why i plan to get one myself[:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, yeah, i forgot about DSIXL. When i remembered, it's the latest DS that have been released (Before 3Ds of course). Oh well, time to collect some money. Thanks for reminding me about DSIXL.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i'd wait till 3DS because it's coming out soon and it will have more features.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

meh...depends. Will it have a camera? Will it have internet? Will it be as big as the DSIXL? Will it have all of the same features and more? If not, im still getting the DSIXL for xmas.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You really dont have a DSiXL yet? Wow thats why so many people look at me funny when i'm playing mine in public. I thought it was because they didn't like me or something.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

well then, ill join the club *looks at Souleater101 funny*
hey, its not that bad, DT13 doesnt have any form of DS yet, but not everybody's going to get a DS of any kind right away anyway

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I suppose ur right. I feel bad for people who are less fortunate than others. "Sobb"

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, thanks for your sympathy. Anyway, yes, it is pretty rare for people to have a DSIXL in my country. It also pretty rare to find one in Game shops in my city.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

WOW OMGZ......................That's kinda scary.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

rex09 wrote:
actually, it's to make it feel like "it's everyone's first time playing pokemon- ever!" basically, it's so that even older fans can get a great new experience. which seems like a cool idea to me.

i think that its a shame for younger kids to grow up with the new pokemon instead of the epic old 1ns like chikorita.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Hey, im only 12 and i grew up with 1st gen, ive been watching the show for like 10 years and i dont know how long ive been playing the games...but anyway, i started watching around season 2 or 3, so...yeah 1st gen. Maybe like 2-9 year-olds havent been following since first gen...obviously...

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
DarkTrainer13 wrote:

Trust me you weren't missing much. I hated the pokemon and the story but I got it so that when HGSS came out I wouldn't be left in the dark dex wise. The story seemed like gamefreak intentionally tried to 1-up the story of Hoenn and failed.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i grew up W/ third gen, and i still have blue, yellow, and silver. (iam allso 14.)

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:17 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

All the pokemon (main series) games ive ever owned:
1st Gen:
Blue, Yellow
2nd Gen:
Gold, Silver, Crystal
3rd Gen:
Emerald, FireRed
4th Gen:
Pearl, Platinum, Soulsilver
Basically every other pokemon game in existance ive at least played or borrowed...
I never really payed attention to the Anime, theres not a single season in which ive seen every episode and theres some ive only seen like one episode in...
I think im going to try to watch all of 5th gen and the Sinnoh league(and i mean just the pokemon league itself), theres a dude in the Sinnoh league that owns a Darkrai.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I feel very old right now cause I was born in 1991 (before pokemon came out)

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

souleater101 wrote:
I feel very old right now cause I was born in 1991 (before pokemon came out)

I was born in '93, so don't feel like you're the only one.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next