It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Eating Disorders 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I mentioned in a couple of other threads that I'd got increasingly vain over the past year, and particularly over the past six months, I've been dealing on and off with anorexia. I'm pretty open about this, but since I started eating less and less, I've taken a new view on it to my original view - I think that not eating has a greater positive effect to the negetive, for me.

I still generally eat one meal a day, towards the end of the day, and I don't constantly not eat - I go through phases of eating averagely, and then not eating to make up for it. I'm aware of the health risks, but I tend to eat more healthily - I still eat protein and salad/etc. relatively regularly.

Since I started more extreme dieting methods (eg. cutting lunch except when I'm particuarly hungry, and at school only packing myself bread, fruit, and youghurt). I've actually gone down massively in clothing sizes - I've had to buy new clothes as my old ones don't fit, to ridiculous measures. Nothing I had six months ago looks good on me, and it looks stupid when I wear it. And Its done a lot for my self confidence, wearing small size clothes, skinny jeans, and the like, has really helped me feel more comfortable about myself. I don't do it to the extreme, but it has heightened to going days/weeks without eating at points.

I honestly think though that I don't really miss eating a lot of food - I used to eat too much, and it just feels much better knowing you haven't eaten at all in a day than knowing you've eaten way too much.

Anyone else got anything to contribute under the same topic title? I had somewhere I was going with this, but I forget.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I've got an eating disorder, it's called "not being arsed to get up and get some food", I honestly can go from the morning to the night with virtually nothing to eat because I can't be bothered to get off my fat butt and put some food in the microwave, I know it's not good for me, and IX even though you look better or whatever, not eating has huge reprocutions (however the hell you spell that) when you get older and you'll probably wish you ate better when you were younger as I know I will.....anyway, not eating hasn't made me look totally anorexic and skeletal, I mean this: (and I swear I'm not trying to show if)

is not too bad, and defintely not the body of an anorexic.

anyway it's Ramadan now and I won't be allowed to eat until 7:30 pm everyday, so I guess I'm gonna get a whole lot skinnier ;) but I'll probably get fatter coz I'll be stuffing my face right after the adhan :P

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When I was much younger, on some days I would eat every little, but it wasn't motivated by image. I frequently suffer from bouts of depression and as a child it was very pervasive. Lack of or increased appetite is a common symptom of depression, and although that might have been true in some cases for me, I usually kept myself from eating because it was harmful. Skipping meals caused stomach pain and the lack of nutrition obviously affected the way I felt physically and mentally.

More recently my eating habits seem to be the opposite now by the same cause. I used to weigh significantly more in high school and have since fallen back into the normal weight range for my height, but since I'm incredibly vain myself, I still feel I want to lose more weight (despite how crazy everyone thinks I am). However, I find it very hard to control how much I eat nor can I tell if it's because I'm truly hungry or I'm simply being gluttonous. I find myself making excuses why it would be OK to eat something (ie feeling depressed), but then immediately feel guilty afterwards which exacerbates my anxiety. I have on three occasions caused myself to purge what I've eaten, but not recently.

Instead of controlling how much I eat, I found it was easier to control what I eat, and so for the past few months, I've stopped eating meat. This was mostly started with no specific reason, but the past year, I ate almost nothing but fast food, and I think it would be good to try to reverse some of that damage. I don't really miss meat like I thought I would, but I do tend to eat a lot more cheese now, which isn't exactly healthy either.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Up until last summer I thought of myself as average sized, but apparently back then I became 'disgustingly skinny.' I dont eat a lot, at all, and my dad constantly lectures me on diabetes and anorexia, but when he tells me to eat all he'll make is **** like waffles and pizza. I'm sick of eating the same thing every day, unhealthily.

Its fun in a weird way, to see how long I can go without eating. ;p

I wear baggy clothes but when I compare my arm to my friend's (she's a year younger), my bones stick out badly. I stayed in her house and she said her parents told her they were going to give me a lot of food, lol.

I dont really care, beats being fat any day in my book. I was born 2.5 months premature, so I suppose that might have an effect on it. I dont watch what I eat, ever, and I can honestly say I've never been overweight.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think its a bit weird that guys aspire to be skinny, (I'm quite skinny) because me and everyone I know aspire to be big. (not fat but big...) Oh except for this one guy I know. He looks like a palmtree now. He's into the indie look though

I blame my weight on the account of zero of my family members knowing how to cook good food. But I guess the good thing about being skinny is that I can wear almost anything and eat anything without worrying much

I've done the fast food diet before but it gets disgusting after a couple of days, and I always feel terrible.

I want to be fitter without losing more weight, but I can't eat greens because they're gross (well... the way my mum makes them anyway...)

Sometimes though I'll skip a meal because I can't be bothered getting ingredients, chopping them up, preparing them...etc... cleaning... but I guess I do have to learn how to cook proper food sooner or later...

Umm... Ok, that went off on a tangent a bit. OK to get back on the road, I get mildly annoyed at girls who don't eat, spec if we're doing dinner or a Maccas run or something, and they just sit there watching us eat... that's about it though :O

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really have a particular eating disorders, but i'm kinda skinny. I seldom eats a lot and now, i'm feasting so i won't eat for more than 12 hours. Something that i think not quite good is when i'm finished feasting, i'm only eat a piece off bread or a small amount of rice, which makes me a kind skinnier. After i looked at Zombie's photo, if you remove some of the muscles, makes it a little shorter, shorten it's hair, and change his face, you got my figure.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]