It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Only Isshu Pokemon? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, that was some uproar I caused with a single statement. I never said that I liked Pikachu, man. In fact, I hate it so much I refuse to use it in smash bros, even though its amazing in that game. I said that knowing that Pikachu is the Pokemon mascot, its almost symbolic that they'd stick Pikachu somewhere in that region's dex. I'm supportive of the whole "new experience" thing, just that I find it quite unlikely coz of how almost the whole world knows Pikachu. In fact, the only Pokemon I'd really miss in my in-game play would be Magikarp {magikarp}.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Last edited by Slim Shady on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if in Gen V you will miss Magikarp {magikarp} , then i will miss Ralts {ralts} and their evolutions.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{aggron} R.I.P.

Last edited by Anamator on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Slim Shady: you weren't the only one who was complaining, though. And Pikachu is more the mascot of the anime, but not really the games, imo. and again, it's already confirmed, so..... (but the fact that they used pikachu in the demo is indicative of his importance to pokemon as a whole)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Honestly, I love a lot of the old pokemon, but i could live without them. Like I love Ralts, but in Gen. IV (which until like 2 weeks ago, i never owned a Hoenn game, only borrowed) I didnt really care that he was gone, but thats one reason i loved Platinum, the return of Ralts! I dont know why i dont like the idea, maybe because these pokemon have been in every game so far so i guess its kind of stunning GameFreak would do this.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree with the "new feel" aspect of only having Isshu pokemon. I also liked how in RSE there weren't a lot of old Pokemon. So I could make my team pretty awesome using only Hoenn's assortments. Gamefreak is going to have to step up the variety though.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steelbound wrote:
{aggron} R.I.P.

NO KIDDING. even though it took forever to level up one of those goddamn arons, the Aggron was worth it, i loved him. best steel type EVER in my opinion.

LeoTheLion wrote:
I agree with the "new feel" aspect of only having Isshu pokemon. I also liked how in RSE there weren't a lot of old Pokemon. So I could make my team pretty awesome using only Hoenn's assortments. Gamefreak is going to have to step up the variety though.

Yeah, Hoenn definitely set the record for having original and out-there pokemon, compared to the generations before it. and it still beats Sinnoh in my opinion. I'm not sure if Isshu will beat that, and have as much variety and originality as Hoenn, but we can only hope. Especially with a bat that has a heart for a face.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Screw Nostalgia! What's the point of buying a new Pokemon game if you don't use any new Pokemon? Many people disagree with me on this, but Gen III was my favorite because it brought many new and exciteing Pokemon up to bat. Plus it added Dive, bike ramps, and the Trick Master.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:
Screw Nostalgia! What's the point of buying a new Pokemon game if you don't use any new Pokemon? Many people disagree with me on this, but Gen III was my favorite because it brought many new and exciteing Pokemon up to bat. Plus it added Dive, bike ramps, and the Trick Master.

Exactly, the new Pokemon are the best thing about a new generation, I hardly ever use old Pokemon in a new Gen.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah I like the idea of only Isshou pokemon... I am SICK of seeing Tentacool ALL THE TIME when I'm out fishing. I want new water-types... Gen IV was a bit disappointing. (That little fish pokemon, for example... i forget it's name...)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Mektar wrote:

completely agree...or do I? Honestly! Do I?! Im not sure anymore! Im so confuzzled! And thats another thing they need to bring back-Acro bike! I loved the Acro bike, it was awesome!
But i think i might miss the annoying pokemon that popped up every 5 seconds and p***ed me the f*** off! Seriously, i might.

InstantBacon wrote:
Exactly, the new Pokemon are the best thing about a new generation, I hardly ever use old Pokemon in a new Gen.

...uh...actually, ive never used old pokemon in a new gen, unless ive already played through and i start a new game ill never save since i didnt delete the old one.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:

THANK YOU. I still love the older games, and I like them more then the Hoenn GENERATION, but when it comes to the actual games. RSE OWNS ALL. had the most original storyline, the most original pokemon, was the best place to me, and just overall was beast. I loved it so much, that instead of buying it (because i'm dirt poor D:) I actually went through all the trouble of getting an emulator and rom so i could play it. THAT TOOK FOREVER FOR ME. just because they're zipped files. getting a winzip thing was hard for me. lol.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Saphire was my firt game i ever bought. {blaziken} kicks rear! (literaly). i have played it since someone gave me the gift of videogames and i am looking forward to there remakes. the sad thing is, Sinnoh is the remake next. it's wierd is'nt it?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

uh, we just had sinnoh. it's too early for a remake. if there is a remake this gen, i would bet on RSE. Not DPPt. Just saying.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

It doesn't bother me that only Isshu Pokemon will be available before the national dex. What WOULD bother me, however, is national dex not being available in the games and have to be imported from DPP (which won't happen.) Anyone who thinks BW should "be like RBY and exclude all Pokemon except Isshu Pokemon" is out of their mind. RBY are incredibly shallow games and I'd hate to see BW go that route. As long as it doesn't exclude entire generations of Pokemon like RSE FRLG did I'll be happy with any method of distributing older Pokemon. It would really piss me off if they held off giving us the Hoenn Pokemon (or any region for that matter) because "they'll be available when Retard Ruby and Stupid Sapphire are released."

That wouldn't happen though, so I'm fine with just having Isshu Pokemon before the national dex.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
It doesn't bother me that only Isshu Pokemon will be available before the national dex. What WOULD bother me, however, is national dex not being available in the games and have to be imported from DPP (which won't happen.) Anyone who thinks BW should "be like RBY and exclude all Pokemon except Isshu Pokemon" is out of their mind. RBY are incredibly shallow games and I'd hate to see BW go that route. As long as it doesn't exclude entire generations of Pokemon like RSE FRLG did I'll be happy with any method of distributing older Pokemon. It would really piss me off if they held off giving us the Hoenn Pokemon (or any region for that matter) because "they'll be available when Retard Ruby and Stupid Sapphire are released."

That wouldn't happen though, so I'm fine with just having Isshu Pokemon before the national dex.

I liked what they did with HGSS, they held all 3rd and 4th gens until after you beat the elite four and then you could catch a large variety of them in the safari or in the overworld using the radio. But I am a litte mad because all the 3rd gens that I wanted to catch have to be pal-parked from RSE, which I don't have.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

...yeah, i liked that with HGSS too, but luckily, i have FR, SS, Emerald and Pearl...or at least my sister has pearl, mine went missing last year, i let my cousin borrow FR...2 years ago! (but now he lives near me and knows where it is...fingers crossed) and i did have Platinum...but that...i have no ****ing idea what happened to that. So...that leaves me with SS, Emerald and (my sister's) Pearl, but at least that gives me access to all four regions.

and Krisp
Krisp wrote:
"they'll be available when Retard Ruby and Stupid Sapphire are released."
Im getting the vibe you dont like Ruby and Sapphire...

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Krisp wrote:

I hated it because I couldn't trade from the older Pokemon games and you couldn't trade with FRLG until you've beaten the elite 4 and completed a stupid sidequest. But that's my opinion, not Krisp's.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

... I loved RSE... apparently i'm the only one. lol. but i'm looking forward to it! I don't care if the other pokemon aren't in it, they can suck it! If you don't like it, don't get it.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i liked RSE as well. but probably more for nostalgic reasons than anything else. *shrugs*

i agree with Krisp in that it would indeed suck if entire generations were excluded from the games. Which is why i'm glad it won't happen. until the national dex, only Isshu pokemon is fine.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

who knows, maybe Isshu will introduce another Pokemon met early on in the game that has an infinite catch rate and which knows nothing but Sweet Scent until level 70. If that happens, then a world of only Isshu Pokemon is fine for me. Because I'll have another hilarious Pokemon to troll the elite four with.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hoenn was great with all new pokemon. If the game is like Hoen then I'll be ok, but if the pokemon are as bad as Sinnoh then I wont be.

P.S I HATED Sinnoh. {groudon}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm also like Hoenn, it's my favorite region, after all.

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Krisp wrote:

No, actually, Krisp only don't like RSE if there is a remake of them.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

actually, Krisp's hate of the third Gen is well-documented. just saying.

Slim Shady wrote:
who knows, maybe Isshu will introduce another Pokemon met early on in the game that has an infinite catch rate and which knows nothing but Sweet Scent until level 70. If that happens, then a world of only Isshu Pokemon is fine for me. Because I'll have another hilarious Pokemon to troll the elite four with.

which pokemon are you referring to?? magikarp or something??
there aren't any pokemon that i despise, just ones that are less useful or aesthetically pleasing than others (which applies to all gens, though more so in later ones). as long as it's not ridiculously hard to complete the game with only b/w pokes, i'll be fine with it. even if it is ridiculously hard, that'll just be more of a challenge, lol.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark_Swampert wrote:
Hoenn was great with all new pokemon. If the game is like Hoenn then I'll be ok, but if the pokemon are as bad as Sinnoh then I wont be.

Hated Sinnoh? Wow, the pokemon were the main thing that let RSE down imo

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next