It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 New Dragon Pokemon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

maybe so, but when it comes to things like advice, what to do, and other deep and life-related questions, I AM ALWAYS RIGHT.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yea i guess

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, sorry I got angry, it's just I hate to see ten year olds who have dragons with terrible movesets, Not that you are one, I'm sure you are a descent dragon trainer. I don't hope to see a whole mess of dragons, but a few wouldn't hurt.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fifaking, I'm glad you calmed down, that was getting ridiculous.

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
...and I have nice childhood memories with chickens.

Haha, I was about to say "TMI!!! Gross!" but that would have been inappropriate.

fifaking wrote:
i hope they make a new dragon like {salamence} or {dragonite} for Black and White because i love dragon types

I really do hope they make another semi-uber Dragon, as well.
I want it to be one of the strongest Pokes, but I don't want it to be OP'ed. *cough*Garchomp*cough*
Altaria is cool and all, but it's not quite strong enough to be "Dragon" type, in my opinion.
I know this goes against what some people have said, but I think Dragons really should be restricted to the strongest Pokes.
Not to say ALL strongies/legends should be Dragon *cough*GameFreak*cough*, but I don't think we should have any {carnivine} -level equivalents, ya know?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yea it was

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
I really do hope they make another semi-uber Dragon, as well.
I want it to be one of the strongest Pokes, but I don't want it to be OP'ed. *cough*Garchomp*cough*
Altaria is cool and all, but it's not quite strong enough to be "Dragon" type, in my opinion.
I know this goes against what some people have said, but I think Dragons really should be restricted to the strongest Pokes.
Not to say ALL strongies/legends should be Dragon *cough*GameFreak*cough*, but I don't think we should have any {carnivine} -level equivalents, ya know?

While I do think that Dragons should be inherently strong, I would like to have more of them in competitive battles. Right now, about 25% of fully evolved Dragons are usable in standard play (Flygon, Dragonite, Kingdra). I want to see more of them. What I meant in my earlier post about Dragons with moderate stats, I meant Base Stats that are similar to Flygon or Jirachi. It could be quite versatile, but not the epitome of power, unlike what we've seen, and gotten a bit bored of before.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow. This topic has revealed some bad blood....... Here's a dragon type for ya - dragon/posion, weak to ice,psychic,and ground. Strong against dragon and grass. It would'nt be overpowered, yet it could still deal out damage and take hits. It could be a possible EARLY dragon type.....

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Wow. This topic has revealed some bad blood....... Here's a dragon type for ya - dragon/posion, weak to ice,psychic,and ground. Strong against dragon and grass. It would'nt be overpowered, yet it could still deal out damage and take hits. It could be a possible EARLY dragon type.....

I think the larvitar clone is going to be the early dragon type. But a poison/dragon doesn't sound to bad to catch early or even around the middle of the game.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:

You have a good idea there. Combining Dragon with another type to give it more weaknesses. Instead of a 4x weakness to Ice like all the other Uber Dragons.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Quote:

You have a good idea there. Combining Dragon with another type to give it more weaknesses. Instead of a 4x weakness to Ice like all the other Uber Dragons.

as long as they don't merge it with ground, because garchomp has pretty much the same weaknesses as dragonite and all the other dragon/flyers.

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah your idea of Dragon/Poison was nice.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Yeah your idea of Dragon/Poison was nice.

That was GofD's idea, not mine.

current party in HG:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well being a fan of dragons myself i don't even use them, i just have them for show. but from my point of view the dragons it's getting out of control. and the one found in the wild are either need of a defense. or the are extremely overpowered. and their ice weakness can be overcome by flamethrower, witch i don't see why every dragon has to be able to learn flamethrower. i know it's a classic dragon move. but still.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LugiaMaster15 wrote:
and their ice weakness can be overcome by flamethrower, witch i don't see why every dragon has to be able to learn flamethrower. i know it's a classic dragon move. but still.

I get your point, but why can things like Palkia and Ryhdon, hell, even Geodude can have the ability to shoot fire, whereas Giratina cannot?

Also, Dragon/Poison is a nice idea.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

InstantBacon wrote:

I get your point, but why can things like Palkia and Ryhdon, hell, even Geodude can have the ability to shoot fire, whereas Giratina cannot?

Also, Dragon/Poison is a nice idea.

Giratina is a water type, therefore it cannot spit fire.

current party in HG:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

B-Mac wrote:
Giratina is a water type, therefore it cannot spit fire.

Sorry, but Giratina is a Dragon/Ghost Type, not Dragon/Water.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Damn, I'm getting names mixed up. I thought giratina was the water dragon.

current party in HG:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you want Dragon/Water, try Kingdra or Palkia. But seriously, i wanna see a Dragon/Water pokemon with a great defence and sp.defence, and Natural Cure, and have a good moveset.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
If you want Dragon/Water, try Kingdra or Palkia. But seriously, i wanna see a Dragon/Water pokemon with a great defence and sp.defence, and Natural Cure, and have a good moveset.

that would be pretty cool

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

HOw about a dragon rock?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now that's a pretty balanced type, not too many weakness and not too many resistances. I will be interested if Gamefreak really did invent it.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Now that's a pretty balanced type, not too many weakness and not too many resistances. I will be interested if Gamefreak really did invent it.

I wish they did it to tyranitar because kingdra was the only dragon from gen 2.

current party in HG:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

nah i like that tryanitar is psudo lengendary without the dragon type. i hope this ends up to be the case this genration

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wailord_2 wrote:
HOw about a dragon rock?

also interesting id like to have it

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow. It seems people really like the idea of a dragon/poison typing....

Im gonna expand on this.....Let's say for the purpose of this thread they made a dragon/poison, would it have a single evolution ( like swabalu-altaria) or be a triple threat( like gible, gabite, garchomp). Would its first stage be dragon/poison or just poison( like swabalu and trapinch)? What moves could it learn? Abilites?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next