It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 New Dragon Pokemon 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I fail to see your point, Rex. Not everything has to be fair in pokemon, but anything those little 10-year-old-dragon-whoring kids you speak of have access to, you also have access to; so why need we complain?

Heck, if I had it my way, there would be a strict limit of 5 legendary pokemon per region because creating more than that simply takes away from the importance these pokemon were originally intended to have. But what does my opinion matter to Nintendo? I'm not a part of their majority-target-age-group any longer so all they're looking for is a way to keep little kids flocking to another *GOD* pokemon; although I'm curious to see how gen V will work out because Arceus was clearly meant to have created all pokemon... Idk how they can up the ante on this one

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
Calm down a little, please. And nobody here's :censored: about losing to them, either. i think most people don't want to use them simply because of all the little 10-year olds that run around with *coughsixshinysalamencescough* a crapload of dragon-types, and have to put up with it. i agree with you in that people shouldn't use them as an excuse for having lost a match; but there's a logic behind every reason.

P.S. I know that many people here battle in a competitive style. Or at minimum, are very serious about it. Not insist. ;-)

jeez crapsucker i only use one of those salamences i do use other pokes u know

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Well, i'll prefer that they make a total defensive Dragon-type pokemon, since in resist a lot of common types. But if they make another pseudo-legendary Dragon-type pokemon, i'll pass.

That would be interesting. It'd give them a little more depth than "Calm mind sweep at 808 Sp. Atk".

Adding Dragon-types would obviously buff the Ice type, so...hey, why not?

Shameless Self Advertisement?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

We already have a Base 600 Defensive Dragon. Her name is Cresselia. I'm useing one on my competitive team in Black.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ArcaNineTales wrote:
I like dragon pokemon and don't think that people should "shun" them or "scoff" at their creation because they are too powerful. Instead of getting worked up over a loss because someone used a dragon and you didn't, grow some balls and fight fire with fire.

That said, Nintendo should be more worried about the horribly unbalanced battle types than the base statistics of the pokemon.. Seriously... There is no need for Fire, Water, Grass AND electric to all be weak against dragon. (Steel also needs to be looked at, fyi.)

i totally agree with you but theres a whole bunch o bastards *coughdarktrainercough* who think there so cool because they say anyone who loves dragons are 10 year olds

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

fifaking wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Calm down a little, please. And nobody here's :censored: about losing to them, either. i think most people don't want to use them simply because of all the little 10-year olds that run around with *coughsixshinysalamencescough* a crapload of dragon-types, and have to put up with it. i agree with you in that people shouldn't use them as an excuse for having lost a match; but there's a logic behind every reason.

P.S. I know that many people here battle in a competitive style. Or at minimum, are very serious about it. Not insist. ;-)

sorry if i offended you, but it was meant as a joke. that said, was it really necessary to call me a crapsucker?? amusing...
@ArcaNineTales: don't care. my opinion is my own, and you're just as entitled to yours. but, oh wait, you probably want me to apologize to you for not bending to it. whoops.

okay, so here's what i want from Gen V Dragons: something that could be found about halfway through the game, is moderately powerful, and has a new typing (dragon/steel, dragon/ice... not dragon/fire or dragon/flying). i have now contributed positively to this thread :mrgreen:

Last edited by rex09 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
I fail to see your point, Rex. Not everything has to be fair in pokemon,

I can see Rex's point quite clearly. As it may be true we all can use the overpowered brutes Dragons, it is the fact that we don't want to because there are upwards of 400 other Pokemon that can be used. Besides if everyone had a team of Salamence and Garchomp, competetitive battling would be really boring.

Quote:
I was simply saying people might as well take advantage of their power rather than avoiding them and using such as an excuse for losing

I don't know anyone who ever lost to someone using a super-powered Dragon. Mostly because people that use Dragons, don't have much strategy, if any. It only takes 1 Pokemon on my team that knows Ice beam to OHKO a Dragon, like my Nidoking. Since both Salamence and Garchomp have a 4x weakness to Ice, if you have one Pokemon that knows and Ice attack, a choice banded Blissey would be more intimadating.

Quote:
We already have a Base 600 Defensive Dragon. Her name is Cresselia. I'm useing one on my competitive team in Black.

Cresselia is a Psychic type.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ArcaNineTales wrote:
I fail to see your point, Rex. Not everything has to be fair in pokemon

Wow, umm, this topic is inciting alot of strong emotions among us... But yeah, I agree, the whole point of the dragon type is because dragons are these overwhelmingly strong, powerful creatures in cultures across the globe. So naturally, they're gonna be a strong and good type. Okay, I think Game Freak have gone a little overboard here but the same thing is true with the Bug type; most bugs in real life aren't particularly strong (although I do think that again Game Freak were a bit extreme). Not everything in real life is fair or equal, and the same goes for Pokemon

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
fifaking wrote:
rex09 wrote:

sorry if i offended you, but it was meant as a joke. that said, was it really necessary to call me a crapsucker?? amusing...
@ArcaNineTales: don't care. my opinion is my own, and you're just as entitled to yours. but, oh wait, you probably want me to apologize to you for not bending to it. whoops.

okay, so here's what i want from Gen V Dragons: something that could be found about halfway through the game, is moderately powerful, and has a new typing (dragon/steel, dragon/ice... not dragon/fire or dragon/flying). i have now contributed positively to this thread :mrgreen:

ya i over reacted srry people just irritate me easily if you wnat to know if thats true ask wailord_2 and thx for contributing positively unlike stupid darktrainer

Last edited by fifaking on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you don't want to be ridiculed by the Battling community, which accounts for most of the Pokemon community, then either stop flaunting your Dragons, or find new types to battle with. And for the last time, SALAMANCE IS BANNED IN BATTLE!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steel_Eel wrote:
If you don't want to be ridiculed by the Battling community, which accounts for most of the Pokemon community, then either stop flaunting your Dragons, or find new types to battle with. And for the last time, SALAMANCE IS BANNED IN BATTLE!

would some people actually positively reply to this

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If people wouldn't stop arguing like ten year olds they say they're not I'd be glad to throw my two cents in.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

B-Mac wrote:
If people wouldn't stop arguing like ten year olds they say they're not I'd be glad to throw my two cents in.

jeez im not a **** 10 yearold

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

For new Dragons, like everyone else, I want to see more interesting typings. Either a really good typing with moderate stats, like Fire/Dragon, or something with horrid typing and good stats, like Ice/Dragon. I want to be interested in the Dragon-type, but I don't want them to be so overpowered that little kids stock up their team with them and claim that it's good.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

romon1 wrote:
For new Dragons, like everyone else, I want to see more interesting typings. Either a really good typing with moderate stats, like Fire/Dragon, or something with horrid typing and good stats, like Ice/Dragon. I want to be interested in the Dragon-type, but I don't want them to be so overpowered that little kids stock up their team with them and claim that it's good.

I DONT USE A LOT AND BESIDES I HAVE A NEW TEAM NOW

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

fifaking wrote:
romon1 wrote:

dude, not everyone's attacking you. i've seen little kids just do dragon-based teams with crap movesets and whatnot, then when they mow down all their friends with it, claim it's teh mos' epic team since ever. just saying.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would like to see a Dragon that closely relates to Chinese mythology. I think that would be interesting personally.

I liked how in Pokemon Platinum you could catch Swablu mid-game. Altaria is a decent, respectable Dragon Pokemon that is not overpowered in anyway. For that it has earned my respect. I hope to see more Dragons like it in the near future. I know Dragons are supposecd to be all powerful, but Pokemon is a fictional game, anything can happen.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
fifaking wrote:
romon1 wrote:

dude, not everyone's attacking you. i've seen little kids just do dragon-based teams with crap movesets and whatnot, then when they mow down all their friends with it, claim it's teh mos' epic team since ever. just saying.

I didn't intend to offend him, but apparently the PM I recieved contradicts what I believe (I can't report that, unfortunately). If you want a team full of competition banned pokemon that's fine by me.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
I would like to see a Dragon that closely relates to Chinese mythology. I think that would be interesting personally.

I liked how in Pokemon Platinum you could catch Swablu mid-game. Altaria is a decent, respectable Dragon Pokemon that is not overpowered in anyway. For that it has earned my respect. I hope to see more Dragons like it in the near future. I know Dragons are supposecd to be all powerful, but Pokemon is a fictional game, anything can happen.

lol i beat my brother one time by using Perish Song, then switching at the last second...:mrgreen: but yeah, stuff like that would be good. but orthodox typings are always welcome as well.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:

lol i beat my brother one time by using Perish Song, then switching at the last second...:mrgreen: but yeah, stuff like that would be good. but orthodox typings are always welcome as well.

I use perish song all the time on my neighbor, when he finally got wise that he could switch out I had to catch a wobuffet with shadow tag to annoy him even more. They should come out with a ghost/dragon with levitate for an ability for hahas

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

B-Mac i dont care, from now on if anyones gonna call me a stupid 10 yearold DONT SAY ANYTHING ps calling me gay things OFFENDS ME

and also B-Mac SUCK MY DICK

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fifaking wrote:
B-Mac i dont care, from now on if anyones gonna call me a stupid 10 yearold DONT SAY ANYTHING ps calling me gay things OFFENDS ME

dude, calm the hell down. i don't even know what you guys are saying, but i clicked the latest post and saw this, and you need to calm down. who cares if they're calling you a 10 year old. get over it and ignore them. its the internet, you cant do much of anything.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
fifaking wrote:

dude, calm the hell down. i don't even know what you guys are saying, but i clicked the latest post and saw this, and you need to calm down. who cares if they're calling you a 10 year old. get over it and ignore them. its the internet, you cant do much of anything.

ya ur right

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fifaking wrote:
Magikarps_Beast wrote:
fifaking wrote:

ya ur right

always am.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

u cant be always right

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next