It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 New Dragon Pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hope they make a new dragon like {salamence} or {dragonite} for Black and White because i love dragon types

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Leave it to you to make this topic

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do you really think that we need more Dragons? The types is already overpowered. In the last two generations, 2 of the dragons have been granted Uber status (Garchomp and Salamance). Sorry to burst your bubble.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

We'll be getting new dragons, but I don't want to see a lot, and not another pseudo-legendary like the already mentioned Garchomp and Salamence. The main problem with the type is that it's overplayed, in Gen III we got a lot of new dragons Vibrava, Flygon, Altaria, the Salamence family, the Lati duo and Rayquaza. That's nine, while in the first two generations we only had 4. Then Gen IV added Garchomp's family, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, six more. Meaning in the last two generations we got fifteen dragons, that's a lot for a type that supposed to be "rare".

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If you mean Garchomp/Salamence/Dragonite-like pseudo-legendaries, I don't want another. I'm sorry, but they make up more than half of the current pseudo-legendaries. That's really too many. I agree with Dragon being a rare type, but all of the non-legendaries are overpowered. If you mean Bidoof-type Dragons, then I also disagree. Dragons are supposed to be rare and powerful; not overpowered and commonplace.
I agree with dragons that are somewhat powerful among the final-stage Pokémon of Isshu. I agree with dragons that supply more type combinations. But another Salamence or Garchomp would be ridiculous.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry to get dirt in your skirts, but Kibagon's final evo is the new pseudo-legendary right?

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nobody knows that yet. We are just assuming.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i'll prefer that they make a total defensive Dragon-type pokemon, since in resist a lot of common types. But if they make another pseudo-legendary Dragon-type pokemon, i'll pass.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would be rather unpleasent to see another psuedo-legendary Dragon. They should give another type its chance to shine. I really do not like the ridiculously overpowered dragons mainly for this reason, there is a retardedly large abundance of 11 year old fantards which are like "ZOMG SALAMENCE R Z KOOL3ST!!1!!11!!!!" it gets quite annoying. I try to have a nice, respectable OU match with someone only to be disappointed to see a Salamence. THANKFULLY Salamence has been banished to the Smogon's Ubers Tier, a glorious day. I have quite a bit of hatred toward Garchomp for being Flygon's replacement. I guess Flygon wasn't bad *** enough.

Fantards are going to flock to the next pseudo-legendary Dragon Pokemon like they did to the previous. It may seem hypocritical for me to say since my username is "Blaziken_is_kool" but I can assure you I am not a fantard. I do not like Blaziken because it is OMG KOOL, I like it because I think Torchic is cute and I have nice childhood memories with chickens.

People that actually use a strategy with these uncannily overpowered brutes have my respect, because unlike some others, they don't have 4 ridiculous offensive moves that don't correspond with the rest of their team.

More Dragons types would be welcomed by me with open arms, more overpowerd Dragon-type brutes will be shunned by me.

Sorry for the long rant. Congragulations if you actually read through all that.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Again, I have to stress that most Psuedo legendaries are OU or Uber. The only pourpous a Garchomp has served me was back in Platinum when I put one on my E4 team. I didn't even use it. While I am a fan of dragons, like Kingdra and Dragonite, The new ones are terrible. And the next time I face a Salamance in battle, I will cancel the battle because I don't battle Ubers!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Again I state: I like dragon types and I understand your reasoning, but please remember that the dragons type are NOT invincible, using a strong Ice type against them will and can shut them down. OF course I havent battled anyone via WIFI( DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON WIFI......) so I cant share you pain/anguish yada,yada,yada. The only dragon I REALLY use is raquaza for the following reasons:

-Its LVL 100
-Its the only LVL 100 I have right now that nows fly.

The other dragons i dont really us that much.....

As for new dragon types (again ive already stated this) BRING EM ON. I just hope that thye give dragons to types that dont have any (bug,poison,fighting.......)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

if you have more dragons you can over power everyone so i want more

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

fifaking wrote:

In theory yes but but not really if your using them for competitive battling very few good dragons aren't uber

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree, more dragon types that aren't pseudo-legendaries. its annoying. Like Flygon and Altaria. Altaria and swablu were pretty rare, and Flygon was interesting, especially its evolution chain. We need more kind of rare (like those ones you can find in a few areas, but are like 5% chance of seeing) around in Isshu. It is a new region. I hope it does.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I agree with M_B. The new Pseudo-Legendary should be a Steel/Ice type. Something like that could own Salamence and Garchomp so easialy with STAB Ice Shard, that they would drop back down to OU!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It seems a lot of people agree less overpowered Dragon Pokemon would be nice. I shouldn't say I only dislike overpowered Dragons, I dislike most ridiculously Pokemon. Overpowered Pokemon remind me of big school-yard bullies, or greedy CEOs.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like dragon pokemon and don't think that people should "shun" them or "scoff" at their creation because they are too powerful. Instead of getting worked up over a loss because someone used a dragon and you didn't, grow some balls and fight fire with fire.

That said, Nintendo should be more worried about the horribly unbalanced battle types than the base statistics of the pokemon.. Seriously... There is no need for Fire, Water, Grass AND electric to all be weak against dragon. (Steel also needs to be looked at, fyi.)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ArcaNineTales wrote:
I like dragon pokemon and don't think that people should "shun" them or "scoff" at their creation because they are too powerful. Instead of getting worked up over a loss because someone used a dragon and you didn't, grow some balls and fight fire with fire.

most of them are banned in competitive battling because they're too powerful, and since this site caters to a lot of competitive battlers, that's the kind of response you'll see. i like dragon pokemon as well, but i still think they're overdone as pseudo-legendaries; and nobody is "shunning" or "scoffing" at their creation. all i see are some valid points as to why dragons shouldn't be pseudo-legends for the next couple of gens. there's little need to attack everyone for putting forth their opinion. and the types thing... well, what can you do.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I loved how there were so little dragon types but then there was Hoenn. Hoenn was overflowed with dragons and so was Sinnoh. Now the Isshu region will probably have a bzillion dragon type legendaries. It already has two legendaries and one pseudo confirmed. Do the creators want to make all legendary pokemon dragon? There was not one legendary dragon before Hoenn. As an original Pokemon fan, I am disapointed.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Rex, people have no reason to complain if the dragons are banned in competitive battling, which you insist many here are involved in. Where the dragons are allowed, I was simply saying people might as well take advantage of their power rather than avoiding them and using such as an excuse for losing.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Calm down a little, please. And nobody here's :censored: about losing to them, either. i think most people don't want to use them simply because of all the little 10-year olds that run around with *coughsixshinysalamencescough* a crapload of dragon-types, and have to put up with it. i agree with you in that people shouldn't use them as an excuse for having lost a match; but there's a logic behind every reason.

P.S. I know that many people here battle in a competitive style. Or at minimum, are very serious about it. Not insist. ;-)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah i feel like most dragons are tailored to make little ten year olds like a certain soccer king i know to scream in joy and cry over how cool they are

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

fifaking wrote:

Until someone whips out an ice or dragon type... But if you were to face off against a dragon type and you only had dragon types, I guess it would be an even fight?

'Cause I want to be the minority
- Minority by Green Day

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer wrote:
Yeah i feel like most dragons are tailored to make little ten year olds like a certain soccer king i know to scream in joy and cry over how cool they are

Have you tried that against Lance? Then you'll know its not entirely even...

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer wrote:

jeez asshole im not a stupid 10 year old and i happen to think dragon pokes are the best u got a problem with that

Last edited by fifaking on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next