It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 HMs 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Post HMs
Im just wondering what do you think the HMs will be and if there will be any new ones

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well obviously the ones we normally get, like cut, fly, and surf. probably waterfall, i'm thinking maybe dig, like with that huge desert thing you may have to dig down into a came or something, so dig would be also an HM.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DIg probly not caues most HM help you get past something Excluding flash and fly

Last edited by Jaypokes on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since there's a desert...... im thinkin about somethin like defog from gen4.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

what if dig let you go underground like the explorer kit

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HMs are going to be interesting now seeing that TMs seem to be infinitely reusable this time around. But then there's beating Gyms to be able to use HM moves, so they'll probably still be there.

I agree that because of the desert there might be a Defog-like one. Also with the seasons might come seasonal HMs, like one for snow or leaves or flowers or... The sun. idk.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know, the desert looks just as sandstorm-ish as it did in Hoenn and the Battle Zone.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

BRING BACK DIVE, LIKE @#$%ING HELL!!!!!!!1!111!!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes i totally agree with mektar we need dive back but there doesnt seem to be enough water for a underwater world

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:15 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think that as an HM (and an alternate to the bike), there should be a Tackle-like move that allows the player to smash through boulders and other obstacles while riding their Pokemon. Obviously, only large Pokemon would be able to learn this.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:41 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Well well definately see Surf, Cut, Fly, and Strength. We'll likely see Waterfall and Rock Smash. And i would love to see Dive again, but also like Darktrainer said, there doesnt seem to be enough water. We may see Rock Climb and maybe Defog. But new gen, new moves, new HM's. It always happens so...yeah.

And to what LeotheLion said, i doubt TM's will have infinite uses, probably more like 5 or 10 uses.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, new obstacles usually means new HMs. Of course there are the staple HMs like Surf and Fly that will always be there.

Some things we will more than likely have to get around are:
-Trees/Bushes (Cut)
-Water (Surf)
-Boulders/Heavy Objects (Strength)
-Dark Caves/Areas (Flash)
-Rocks/Breakable Objects (Rock Smash)

Some other things we could have to get around:
-Waterfalls (Waterfall)
-Whirlpools (Whirlpool)
-Rocky Cliffs (Rock Climb)
-Underwater Caverns (Dive)
-Fog (Defog)

Some new things we could have to go around:
-Sandstorms/Blizzards/Wind Storms (A weather nullifying move like Defog)
-Pitfalls/Traps (Taking one from the anime, a new HM move or Dig could be used to get around Pitfalls or a new HM move could be used as a trap detector)
-Hurdles/Ledges/Walls (Maybe a move like Bounce could be used as an HM to get over things the character can't jump over)
-Trees/Vines (Something like Rock Climb, except for going into the trees, or something that will allow you to swing from vines like Tarzan)
-Solid objects (Hey, you never know, we might have to phase through a wall and need a Pokemon to make us incorporeal to get by it)
-Clouds/Sky (Okay, not something really new, but being able to actually fly around while using Fly just seems like a cool idea to me, it could be used to get to something random like a mountain top or a floating city. :p )

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i like the phasing through a wall idea

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bounce? Used to jump up ledges?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
well obviously the ones we normally get, like cut, fly, and surf. probably waterfall, i'm thinking maybe dig, like with that huge desert thing you may have to dig down into a came or something, so dig would be also an HM.
Jaypokes wrote:
DIg probly not caues most HM help you get past something Excluding flash and fly
Jaypokes wrote:
what if dig let you go underground like the explorer kit

.... THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I JUST SAID. Like Dive but on ground in certain areas, that are marked by something. like maybe a patch of loose shifty sand or cracked dirt.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I got an idea. Extremespeed should be an HM. Here's what it would do:

You could have a Pokemon use it when you are on your Bicycle to go VERY VERY FAST. This would be used to jump across wide canyons or pits via a ramp.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

or we could have thief, which would allow you to carjack!! :-D
really, though, there are some good ideas here and some bad. i just want dive to come back T.T
for a (serious) original idea of mine.... how about an HM that allowed you to.... bah, i got nothing. lol

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think HMs should be a distinct ability from a pokemon's normal moveset, mkay. I'm tired of having a flipping SLAVE in the 6th spot of my party just so I can satisfy my OCD by picking up every item I see hiding behind a boulder or retarded tree that grows back after you enter/exit a building.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lol i just usually put a useful pokemon in the sixth spot, then come back for the items at a later date. or incorporate the HMs into my movesets. Either way, you could always use the move deleter for simple stuff like that. *shrugs*

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ArcaNineTales wrote:
satisfy my OCD by picking up every item I see

I can't come back for items it just bothers me to leave knowing I may forget about them
rex09 wrote:
incorporate the HMs into my movesets

And sacrifice my dignity as a pokemon trainer? We all know that Surf/Fly are the only viable options for HMs to incorporate into a moveset, making some 6 more extremely cumbersome to deal with
rex09 wrote:
come back for the items at a later date

Aside from my own personal issues regarding items, often you can't progress in the game without HMs. I don't want to run all the way into Ice path then find out I have to go back to my PC to pull out Graveler JUST so I can keep going.

JEEEzzz, I mean, if I can fit a bike, fishing rods, and god knows what else in my backpack surely I can fit a chainsaw for retarded trees, an inflatable kayak for water, etc. etc.
And am I the only one that thinks its odd that pokemon need to learn a move specifically for rolling around rocks? come on!

If Nintendo is going to use wacky logic to solve problems like locomotion over land/water and navigating through caves, they might as well use some of that wacky logic to find a way to abolish the need to carry around a pokemon knowing surf, cut, strength, and rock climb (LOLZ@Bibarel)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

are you saying that i have no dignity as a player of the game? if so, then that's just funny. there's nothing wrong with using HMs until you have everything, then go back to the Move Deleter afterwards. Really, it's not that hard. and actually, fly isn't that great of a move; there are flying-type moves that are just as powerful, and only take one turn to use. if someone's about to use fly on a grass type of mine, i switch it out to something that'll resist it. then you'll have wasted a turn. but i think i'm gonna stop now before this turns into a flame war with one person.

how about an HM that'll.... nope, i still don't have any ideas....

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i like the idea of jumping across gaps. kinda like a feature in 3d dot game heroes on ps3 (if you ever heard of it)
ypu can ascess new areas you couldnt before by doing this

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A quick little but in after the whole "Fly/Surf" comment. Surf, is one of the best Water-type moves so yeah I agree with you there. However, for reasons that rex already stated, Fly isn't that great. However, Waterfall did get a lot better after the whole physical/special split, so I will give it props as the second best HM move so far.

Jumping over large gaps sounds cool, but I'm sure if Extremespeed is the right move for it, though it seems the most appropriate thus far.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Maybe Headbutt but instead of just being able to find Ppokemon with it some trees you could make a hole in so you could go back as far as you could the run through the tree.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Or Wake-Up slap in case of a road-blocking {snorlax} or water gun in case there's a {sudowoodo}

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next