It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Do you think i should do it? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What do you think of these? i'm kinda slow, getting my bearings and trying new techniques, but i think i should go into sunnyshore market. what do you think? (forget the quality, i made these a long time ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, just fusions and recolors isn't enough to sustain a shop. usually you need to offer something unique that only you have to draw in customers, or at least attention. but other than that, it's hard to say based off of only three pics.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

that turtle thing is very dumb looking. Also from all the pictures I can find of it, you didn't change anything obvious about the design.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think not yet. First, you need to learn some more tips and tricks. Like getting GIMP, to help. Now, i only use GIMP for transparency and sigs. but it's easy. and if you don't want it, then you can always use iaza and use the transparency tool on it (but remember to make the background some random color not used on your sprite, like pink or something). Then maybe go to this site or this one to get yourself some nice tips and tricks. It's where i learned to sprite... well i first learned to sprite on youtube (lol) but then learned everything else from these sites. Keep practicing and you'll get better (:

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I think I told you this already, but I'll say it again since it is VERY important. USE PNG FORMAT. JPEG = BAD QUALITY. Other than that, you seem pretty good.

PS: I can tell that the thing you added to Torterra was a puddle. Nice idea!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

noticed your entry for mektars contest, very good! and good job with the transparency. but one last thing i forgot to say, try getting a photobucket or imageshack, then you can just take the image codes right from there and don't have to have that stupid attachments box and can put more than just 3 pictures at a time. :)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i noticed the puddle too, but didn't think to post about it lol.

if you don't get a photobucket or anything, it's impossible to have a shop. Believe me, i was just gonna go by attachments, but you can't use them in PMs, so it doesn't work. for a shop, an imaging account of some sort is imperative.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Let me give you a word of advice. When in a shop, It's all about the specialty products. The ones that you can't find anywhere else. I have not sold a single recolor or fusion, but I have sold many eggs, pokeballs, and animations (One to you, If I remember correctly.) I say go for it, and If you do, I'll be ordering from you.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

T_T my special products have been rather unpopular.... *sigh* i guess it's about your creativity. strangely, i've done a lot of recolors and fusions lol. the opposite of Steel_Eel.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:16 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You would think that I would get many customers for my shop, but I've barely had any business since I've reopened. Most people have been ordering Trainer Cards instead of Splices or even Scratch Sprites.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
You would think that I would get many customers for my shop, but I've barely had any business since I've reopened. Most people have been ordering Trainer Cards instead of Splices or even Scratch Sprites.

I've had, maybe ten to fifteen orders total. I was kinda expecting less, considering how many more awesome spriters there are on this site.... what really makes me PO'd though, is when someone orders something totally nonsensical, then doesn't even use it. :evil:
@Steelbound: You're making good progress, I think. Opening a shop makes you even better. But it's your decision.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Take it from me, I descided to wait to make a shop, and Sunnyshore ended up closing. Make one now before you descide against it.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:

No kidding. I wasn't expecting many customers for mine either, especially when you're low down. My signature is the only reason i'm getting any orders, I think. But I've had probably 6 orders, and I did make spoinkables avatar cause i was bored, and thought he'd like it. thats not really an order though... but you need to make some arrangements with the moderators (because you said they won't let you cause your a Jr.?) and get them to sticky it. maybe it would get some more publicity... the only thing about it is, people normally don't scan the whole page. especially with how long it is.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

all i had is 1 order 1 more than i thought i would had it was a rotomize

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Mektar wrote:

No kidding. I wasn't expecting many customers for mine either, especially when you're low down. My signature is the only reason i'm getting any orders, I think. But I've had probably 6 orders, and I did make spoinkables avatar cause i was bored, and thought he'd like it. thats not really an order though... but you need to make some arrangements with the moderators (because you said they won't let you cause your a Jr.?) and get them to sticky it. maybe it would get some more publicity... the only thing about it is, people normally don't scan the whole page. especially with how long it is.
My banner hasn't done crap for me.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i'm not necessarily sure if it is all my banner doing all the work, but all of our banners have brought more notice to the thread. Seeing how pretty much anyone who is a spriter has a shop or their work in their siggy, it gets some attention.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah. But I havn't gotten any busness since the new banner. Oh, and Have you noticed that this has become the shopkeepers discussion thread?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i've gotten some.. just minor stuff though. like a few evolution fusions, and a couple windows. not much else :P oh, and yes i have. lol. maybe looking at the things we talk about could influence his decision... lol. probably in the wrong way looking at how were talking about how we get barely any business, lmao.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah about that, Chain Splices are copyrighted by Mektar, so you might want to stop selling them. Or clear it with Mektar.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok. i think i am getin the hang o' it. thanks.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steel_Eel wrote:
Yeah about that, Chain Splices are copyrighted by Mektar, so you might want to stop selling them. Or clear it with Mektar.

I already cleared it with Mektar. It was one of the first things i started doing, other than the 2 by my signature, and i really didn't know what much else to do when i started other than colors, refusions and that. and you should post some of your stuff steelbound. did you do the fire thing on blaziken yourself? if so, its good (:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:

I already cleared it with Mektar. It was one of the first things i started doing, other than the 2 by my signature, and i really didn't know what much else to do when i started other than colors, refusions and that. and you should post some of your stuff steelbound. did you do the fire thing on blaziken yourself? if so, its good (:
Okay, I didn't know. Anyways, you should go for it Steel.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thanks MB, told you i'm geting beter. i will post other pic's on here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]