It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Teams and movesets 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I'm not sure where to put this, so here it goes:
Post movesets and teams here that are at least slightly original,please? That means no movesets from websites like smogon!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Here's who I like to call the slep trio:
Hypno:hypnosis,nightmare,dream eater,psychic
Gengar:hypnosis,nightmare,dream eater,night shade
Darkrai:dark void,nightmare,dream eater,focus punch

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know what it is, but something about this thread smells like it should go to Lintaro's Lair...

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, I agree.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is anyone gonna put this in the lair? like, really?

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have enough posts to get my team rated, but my brother is desperate to get his Diamond BT team.
Single Battle Team
{infernape} @Leftovers (Modest)
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Blast Burn
Close Combat
{raichu} @Magnet (Docile)
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave
Focus Blast
{staraptor} @Shell Bell (Bashful)
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace
Fly
Double Battle Team
{bronzong} @Occa Berry (Levitate/Quiet)
Gyro Ball
Trick Room
EQ
Psychic
{shuckle} @Leftovers (Relaxed)
Stone Edge
Power Trick
Protect
Gyro Ball (I think it's lame, but it's my brother's)
{salamence} @Yache Berry (Calm)
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Crunch
Zen Headbutt
My brother is kind of bad at getting good natures. Please forgive the bad natures.
Multibattle Team
{espeon} @Lum Berry (Gentle)
Psychic
Grass Knot
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
{umbreon} @Quick Claw (Naughty)
Bite
Dark Pulse
Protect
Helping Hand
Thank you so much if you actually tell me what moves are better for them. Thank you again!
Oh yeah don't forget to rate (we have no idea about the ivs and evs. Sorry :(

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, this is a moveset I thought up for Gen V for a lead Steelix:

Steelix @ Custap Berry
Brave, Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
~ Gyro Ball
~ Explosion
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock

Taunt and Stealth Rock are typical moves. Brave is to maximize Gyro Ball's power. Hopefully when Azelf hits you with Fire Bast or something, your HP goes down to 1 (you survive because of the ability Sturdy). Then Custap activates, and you Explode! Its not that creative, but at least it exploits Gen V's changes.

torchie, you can just go to the sticky rating center in the battle tower for team rating. but if its for a battle tower team, you can just make a new topic for it. Or there's already a topic on battle tower, you can get away with posting it there.

If you want some (very) un-proffessional advice, then if you still have TM Grass Knot, replace Focus Blast with that. You also want to be able to do damage powerfully or quickly. Life Orb or Quick Claw are good choices (although higher up in the battle tower, quick claw rarely works). Use Blast Burn when you are ABSOLUTELY SURE it will kill the last pokemon on the opponents team. I'm not sure if its possible without breeding, but get sweet kiss and thunderwave onto raichu {raichu}. Luck is the biggest thing in batle tower (apart from using soul dew latios {latios}), so having a pokemon both confused and paralyzed is VERY helpful. Replace Thunder and Shockwave with those two moves. Also, item should be Shuca Berry, because the battle tower will always use their super effective moves on your pokemon. Get Close Combat on Staraptor {staraptor} and delete Aerial Ace, its not powerful enough for a pokemon like staraptor {staraptor}. If you haven't already put Life Orb on Infernape {infernape}, give it to Staraptor {staraptor}, otherwise Shell Bell or Muscle Band are fine. If you are willing to waste a TM, get rid of steel wing and replace it with Return (and max out your Pokemon happiness, Psypoke has a guide on that), and you will be able to hit everything at least neutral with Fly, Close Combat and Return. Forget what competitive players say, Fly is very useful in battle tower, as they rarely switch. Brave Bird to be used like Blast Burn.

You need four pokemon for double battles, and salamence {salamence} will not be good in a trick room team. In fact, you could use it in your single battle team, with a choice band and put it in the lead pokemon. Remember to switch it out if there is a pokemon you can't kill with your locked move. Bronzong {bronzong} can't have EQ, as that will not do much damage to the opponent (because the damage is shared) and Shuckle {shuckle} will have to protect. Using Shuckle {shuckle} is risky, because of power trick giving him a defense stat of 10. A pokemon with Me First could help, but you absolutely must keep Bronzong {bronzong} alive, because Shuckle {shuckle} can't sweep anything without Trick Room. If you have a deepseatooth, brilliant, coz you can then get a clamperl {clamperl}, and it will be amazing in trick room with a deepseatooth. No joke, its special attack is about as high as mewtwo's {mewtwo} with a deepseatooth. Other easy pokes to get that are good in trick room: claydol {claydol}, luxray {luxray}, ninjask {ninjask}rampardos {rampardos}.

If you can, replace Bite with Payback and Dark Pulse with Curse on umbreon {umbreon}. It's incredible, especially on umbreon. Otherwise, multibattle's fine, remember to always pair with Riley, Cheryl or the mini pink haired girl

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I figured that out. I'm just not going to do double battles/ It's too much right now. Besides, have you noticed my post count? It's less than 25. They aren't going to let me post a team on the Sticky one. What Pokemon's compatible with Espeon that can learn Curse by itself? Or can Umbreon learn it by itself (leveling up or move tutor, it doesn't matter, because my brother's got like 20+ heart scales (from going to the underground like every day he plays Diamond)? FYI, my brother only chooses Riley. He usually has some good Pokemon with him, like Regigias and Garchomp. Oh, I sometimes use Cheryl when I do Diamond for him. Her Blissey saved my butt more than once! Oh yeah, when Riley had Garchomp and Gallade (I think), Umbreon did wonders with Helping Hand and Protect, thanks to Garchomp's EQ. Finally, I've thinking about the Single Battle, and my brother agreed that it should be changed a little:
{infernape} @Life Orb/Choice (Attack+) (Adamant)
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch
I have another Infernape (as you saw with the Modest one), and this one's pure physical.
OR
{charizard} @Charcoal (Jolly)
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Fire Punch
Shadow Claw
Either one's Physical. I'm thinking to alternate them.
{raichu} @Shuca Berry (Docile)
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Shock Wave
Grass Knot
Thanks for the suggestion for GK. I still can't take Thunder away! Okay, maybe if I can Focus Blast back. For Shock Wave, I was wondering if I could keep Thunder and Rain Dance for SW. What do you think? I'm keeping Staraptor's moves, except I got Return for Steel Wing. My brother apparently AR'd his game a while ago, and got all the TMs times 95. So thanks!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey, what do you guys think of this late-game sweeper set?

Empoleon
@Life Orb/Salac Berry
24 Def / 232 SpA / 254 Spe

Substitute
Brine
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

The idea is to switch in on a weak attack and set up Stealth Rock. Then use Substitute or attack with Ice Beam/Grass Knot so that Torrent activates with Life Orb's recoil. This combined with Brine's doubled power/salac berry, allows Empoleon to sweep well in late game, although entry hazards are important to get some of the harder KOs.

Other viable options to fill in for Stealth Rock are Rain Dance, for rain teams or just to aid Brine, Agility to make sweeping easier if you don't have a Salac Berry.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This thread is Lintaro worthy but I will make you a suggestion InstantBacon. Remove Stealth Rock from your Empoleon, if it is meant to be a late game sweeper then rocks should already be up. So that would leave room for both Ice Beam and Grass knot, also replace brine for Surf or Hydro Pump both of which are highly superior to Brine.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey! People are actually using this $h!*** thread as I intended it to be used. Even I had originally thought that it was Lintaro worthy. Proves me wrong,and happy! :D

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]