It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 831 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Reality's Fantasy (Looking for more advanced players) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

NOTE: I am no longer in charge of this RP, and have delegated it to LadyMiir. Possible applicants should talk to her for applying.

All right, I'll probably keep updating this with more background info or rules until i feel they're perfect, so even if you get accepted, don't forget to check this once in a while.

RP Name: Reality's Fantasy
Genre: Pokemon, Fantasy, Adventure, Drama
Rating: PG-13 or lower

Setting: All over the real world.
Background Info: In the year 2030, scientists developed the ability to bring video game characters and worlds into the real world. To test this new technology, they used an old favorite: the game series known as Pokemon. The idea was to be able to give people a bit more adventure and to allow them to experience other worlds. For safety reasons, they picked Pokemon, which they had deemed to be a safe test. Unfortunately, during the middle of the test procedure, the Teams Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic broke out with the Pokemon. Unable to stop them, the scientists perished at the hands of the evil characters.

Flash Forward to the present year, 2063:

Each of the teams has taken over a major country or continent. Team Rocket has taken over the U.S.A. and the Americas, Galactic has taken Europe and the Moon, Aqua has taken over Oceania, Australia, and Antarctica, and Magma took Africa. The only free place in the world is the origin of the games, Asia (specifically, China and Japan; everywhere else now counts as Europe). In addition, the Pokemon proved too strong; in every ecosystem, the Pokemon took over, and there are no longer any Terrestrian animals to be found (iow, they're all extinct). However, in Japan, a group of Trainers has decided to help restore the world to the way it was before. They will travel the globe and attempt to rediscover the original scientists' research, while bringing down the terrible regimes instated by the Teams.

About this World: We're in the real world, so real physics apply. There won't be magic berries or potions (balls still exist, though). If your pokemon gets hit by Fire Blast, it will emerge with serious burns and charred body parts. Not to say that this will be incredibly violent, but keep these facts in mind. When your pokemon faints, there are no revives. You will have to nurse your pokemon back to health. There are weapons from the old world as well, but people mainly use pokemon to do their dirty work, as a Charizard doesn't require reloading and doesn't jam. You guys get the idea, though. Real-world-physics apply in this RP, so keep that in mind.

Rules:
-Every trainer may have a team of six pokemon with five moves each.
-Use proper grammar.
-Warning system: 1st warning- {mew} 2nd warning- {arceus} after that, the player is out.
-No godmodding or Marysueing.
-To make sure players have read the rules, put "rex09" somewhere in your post
-When talking out of character, show this by using double parentheses (( )) or OOC: <insert w/e here.
-Nobody can have been part of Team Galactic before. Other teams are fair game, but don't relate your character to Giovanni or something. Your character should be mostly unique. No relations to major characters from the games. Period.
-I will accept/reject players as I see fit.
-Standard Psypoke rules apply.

Application:
Code:
Name:
Personality:
History (1-2 par. is fine):
Pokemon:
Additional Notes:

Warnings:
AnimeFreak_98/Nakuzami - {mew} {arceus}

Looking for active RPers!! Advanced RPers are preferred, but people new to RPing may apply as well.

Last edited by rex09 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Copy+paste:
Name: Axel Richards
Personality: Axel's history has put a strain on him. He has a cold and sometimes cruel heart. Goal-oriented, he stops at nothing until he gets his way. But he is afraid to form bonds with his Pokemon, as he knows that one day soon, especially if he achieves his goal, they will cease to exist and leave him alone- again. As a result, he also treats humans very harshly, and thinks of them as tools to be used for his own ends.
Appearance: 6'2", Asian eyes (brown), tanned skin, and black hair. Wears a Blue T-shirt and jeans most of the time. Sometimes has a black leather jacket over it.
History: Axel is an American; his parents met in New York, and had a child there. Axel's saw the Teams beginning to take power, so they sent him to Japan, where Axel's mother was from. When he was young, he received very distressing news; his parents had been killed by Team Rocket. Swearing to take revenge, Axel trained at Mt. Fuji, catching and training his pokemon to be the roughest, toughest creatures he knew. By the time he was twenty, he knew he was ready. In preparation for revenge, he began assembling a team to take down the Teams, and restore the world to the way it was 33 years earlier....
Pokemon:
{metagross} "Psystone" - Psychic/Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Toxic
{tyranitar} "Viita" - Fire Blast/Hyper Beam/Crunch/Earthquake/Ice Fang
{pidgeot} "Pitto" - Fly/Roost/Air Slash/Steel Wing/Thief
{kabutops} "Kabu" - Aqua Jet/Night Slash/Mega Drain/Blizzard/X-scissor
{electivire} "Tivi" - ThunderPunch/Flamethrower/Thunder Wave/Low Kick/DoubleTeam
{mightyena} "Miten" - Roar/Crunch/Protect/Return/Shadow Ball
Additional Notes: Axel will be the leader. You will all report to him at his base on Mt. Fuji. So, you all need to show how you came to his base, and how you heard about the team, etc. I'll tell you guys if you need to edit that part in.

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Hi rex09, it's me! ^_^

Name: Cassandra "Cassie"/"Cat" Taylor

Appearance:
Body type: Slender and compact.
Hair and eye colours: Black shoulder-length hair worn loose or in a ponytail, and dark brown eyes. (Chinese ethnicity)
Face type: Heart-shaped, seemingly delicate features.
Clothing style: Whatever's comfortable and functional. Jeans and comfortable shoes are usually part of her ensemble, and she is rarely seen wearing a skirt. Owns a black leather belt with spots for her Pokeballs (won as a prize when younger). Wears a combat jumpsuit (includes padding at the arms, back, chest, and legs for protection), and carries quite a few hidden weapons, including multiple knives and brass knuckles.
Speech style: Normal. Tends to swear very creatively when irritated (to avoid giving her young Pokemon a bad impression)

Personality:
How she sees herself: Observant, caring and helpful, though often overlooked or underestimated
Best qualities: Caring, humorous, fiercely protective
Worst qualities: Shy, sometimes overprotective, has a fear of the Bellsprout line

Background:
Parents: Alayne and Ben Taylor,
Siblings: Elder brother Jake, now taking care of her Pokemon
Hometown: London, Europe.
History: The daughter of two farmers, Cassie grew up surrounded by countryside and young animals. She would have spent her life following in her parents' footsteps, if not for the appearance of the Pokemon. The family adapted swiftly and became Pokemon breeders, but soon encountered two abusive trainers who later turned out to be Galactic Grunts. In the middle of the night after the encounter, Team Galactic attacked her parents' breeding center, and after a few losses of Pokemon on their part, her parents successfully repelled the attack. She was part of the fight, with her beloved Charizard at her side-- after interrogating a survivor, they discovered that Team Galactic had wanted to take over the breeding center and steal Cassie's Charizard.

She now hates Team Galactic for their brutality towards humans and Pokemon alike, attempting to steal her starter Pokemon, and their "plans" for her parents' breeding center, which was moved to the Scottish Highlands for safety. She left the breeding center to keep it safe, and has been traveling around taking pot shots at Galactic and trying to protect civilians, till she heard of someone called Axel organizing a team of Trainers to put the world back to the way it was.

Pokemon:

{charizard}
Shiny Charizard "Anomandaris", affectionately called "Daris" or "Dari" (M): Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Hidden Power Electric, Focus Blast

{swampert}
Swampert "Skipper"/"Skip", (M): Waterfall, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Avalanche

{garchomp}
Garchomp (M): Earthquake, Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, Fire Fang

{lucario}
Lucario (affectionatey called "Cari"/"Cario") (M): Swords Dance, Crunch, Close Combat, Extremespeed, Ice Punch

{froslass}
Froslass (affectionately called Princess): Signal Beam, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Pain Split

{rotom}
Rotom (affectionately called Sparks or Plasma): Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Leaf Storm, Hidden Power Fighting, Will-O-Wisp

Those are her mains, but Cassie has a variety of other Pokemon at home or otherwise accessible through the PC.

--------------

Yes, a copy/paste job with a few edits ^^;;; Are we allowed PC use, or did they not "discover" (term used loosely) that?

Last edited by LadyMiir on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Accepted, but make sure you mention when we first start how you found out about the team (or edit it into your profile; your choice).
PCs.... um.... well, the idea is that in this universe/dimension, we aren't constricted by the rules of the games. Anything goes. If you really wanted, you could theoretically carry around more than six pokemon with you. but as a custom, it's generally six that you carry. So, no PCs, but at certain points i'll allow you to switch your pokemon out. Also, to future applicants: NO LEGENDARIES. we'll probably find some, if this RP gets far enough, but none at the start.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Profile edited, I hope that's better? And I do hope we can catch new Pokemon ^_^

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, it's fine!! we'll be able to catch new pokemon, but make sure (to all applicants) you don't start out with an undersized team or something; we probably won't be catching many pokemon.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Name: Kris Uzagi (not 100% sure on the last name[:)
Personality: Pretty anti-social to people he doesnt know, and also unpredicatable to most everyone. Not very good on first impressions.
Appearance: 5'4", Blue eyes, normal white skin and semi long dirty blonde hair. Usually in Jeans, mostly black, with T-shirts with no design, usually black, blue, and red t-shirts. Usually wears a hoodie, usually black and mainly his black and white checkered one. Wears white & black sneakers.
History: Born in NY state in America, he was raised in the suburbs. When his parents died at age 11, due to an "accident" that occured during one of Team Rockets projects; he began traveling the world with his pokemon. He trained and captured pokemon everywhere, planning to somehow remove the teams from power one day and restore peace to the world.

Pokemon:

{typhlosion} (M) "Cinder" - Blast Burn, Eruption, Rollout, Swift, Hyper Beam

{tyranitar} (M) - Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dark Pulse, Hyper Beam

{flygon} (M) - Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fly, Dragon Claw, Sand Tomb

{gallade} (M) - Close Combat, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Psycho Cut, Calm Mind

{raichu} (F) "Sparx" - Thunder, Iron Tail, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam

Image (M) "Amp" -Hyper Voice, Surf, Hyper Beam, Rest, Sleep Talk

The rest of Kris's pokemon are at his hometown, where he now owns a big area of land just for them, they're being taken care of by His older sister.

Edit: Oh, so thats the case Rex09...sry, i missed that part :)

Last edited by AnimeFreak_98 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sorry, but you didn't fully read the rules. i won't accept you until you do (there's something mentioned that you have to do). other than that, i already said that there shouldn't be relations to major characters. Your pokemon can be taken care of by your parents, but not any major character. i'll check back later to see if you edited as necessary. if you make the necessary edits, i'll probably accept you, though.
EDIT: Okay, you're in AnimeFreak_98.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

good back story rex09

Name:Jerad Met (very funny if you realy knew me)
Appearance: always wears a hat prefably fadora eyes change colors 5'2" wheres a chain with a pokeball on it

Personality: shy paraniod hates geting dirty likes keeping organize

History:Born in Detroit got first poke when 10 team rocket lock up famliy when tring to lock him up he grab a paper clip with he then used to escaped then stole a them rocket Motor cycle made it to lake erie where shipment of pokebals was just leaveing he snuck on and made it to japan

Pokemon:

{charizard} fire ball (my first poke in this RP and my video game) Move Fly Flamethrower Blast Burn Dragon claw

{gible}Gibs Moves Dig Draco meteor Sand Tomb Toxic Twister

{chatot} Chatter Box Moves Hyper Voice chatter Mimic Sky Attack Sing

{pikachu} 100 Volts Moves Fly Thunder, thunder Punch signal beam flash

i used random num generater and got these 2

{skuntank} Moves Flame thrower toxic explosion smoke screen slash

{wailord} Moby Poke Move Surf Dive Bounce Hydro pump Giga impact

Last edited by Jaypokes on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, Jaypokes, it's fun to play games and all with you, but for this RP, i'm gonna have to say no. Sorry.... Maybe next time.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:50 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Just wondering, whats your goal for the # of people to sign up?

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Four people to sign up, so we're half way there. After that, i'll still leave applications open, just in case, but i probably won't take more than six people (not including me).
btw, I'm gonna do a minor update on the rules regarding OOC speech.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Jaypokes, it's fun to play games with you

thats all i heared weird cause i read it, maby next time

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll join.

Name: Eric Smyth

Personality: Eric has a warped sense of humor, and he loves to use it! He barely takes anything seriously, with the exeption of his pokemon. He will do anything for his pokemon. He's up for any challenge, but he is usually too lazy to find one. He can be unpredictable in battle, which makes hima truely worthy opponent.

Appearance: 5'6, with Medium length, brown hair and green eyes with glasses. He is 134 lbs. and normally wears a Light Blue T-shirt and dark blue jeans.

EDIT 9/5/10: Okay, we're pretty far in the RP now, and I just wanted to edit my appearance. Eric is currently wearing his normal cloths, but with a lab coat, and a pair of shatter-proof protection glasses. Whilst in the deserts of Africa, he wore a fedora.

History: Born in Miami, Eric had always respected the ocean. He chose to train Water type pokemon before he could even become a trainer. Once he became the age of a trainer, he traveled to Asia to escape Team Rocket, and find new pokemon. He has lived in Tokyo, Japan, for 6 years, where he has learned to train Steel type pokemon as well as Water types.

Pokemon:
Feraligator "Shane"- Crunch/Surf/Ice Beam/Hydro Pump
Skarmory "Scar"-Dark Pulse/Fly/Flash Cannon/Drill Peck
Aggron "Cobalt"-Iron Tail/Dragon Rush/Earthquake/Double Edge
Swampert "Storm"-Earthquake/Surf/Ice Beam/Muddy Water

Additional Notes: Eric Got most of his pokemon from travelers and breeders. The only one he got on his own was his Feraligator.
Also, He's Canadian, and he has met two gym leaders in his past. He travels the world a lot, mainly because his home in Japan is a little too boring.

Edit: rex09. I said it.

Last edited by Steel_Eel on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:11 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Thats creepy. I tend to wear a lime green t-shirt and, well not dark, but blue jeans. Your character is 5 years older than me, and only 12 lbs and 2in taller than me. Sry, just felt like sayin' it. And yes, my character is based off of me...immensely, besides the name, age and dead parents, hes basically me...i guess.

Edit: If Rex accepts u we only need one more person...right?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Holy S***! I did not know that. I wear the same thing! I'll change my profile accordingly. And yes, we only need one more person.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:31 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

wow...but u didnt have to go and change it

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Steel_Eel: For now, you need to read the rules a little closer (ask AF_98 if you can't find it) then you'll be accepted, and i'm a bit easier about god-moding than redt, but just watch out, okay??

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh. I forgot to put rex09 in my post. Yeah, I really have to read the rules closely. Anyways, redt's was my first RP, and I didn't get what was happening. I'm better at RPing now.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Accepted.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, I kinda want to get this show on the road, so let's go ahead and start. I'll leave applications open until we reach the maximum amount of people.
------------
Axel stood at the top of the mountain, surrounded by the snow and ice that so closely mirrored his heart. Viita, his ferocious female Tyranitar, stood next to him. She didn't know what to make of her trainer; he was a harsh taskmaster, but as long as she obeyed, she was taken care of. Growling quietly, she nudged Axel's hand. "What is it? Do you have the same feeling I do?? That we are about to take a step out of the dark, and make history?" He hated being melodramatic, but it was the only way he knew to express his feelings. He turned to go inside, away from the elements. Viita followed slowly, shaking her head.
--
Inside, Axel turned to the small, ancient computer that was his main tool in bringing together the team. He scanned the boards, making sure the governments knew nothing about him. They didn't. All he knew was that he had left specific instructions on boards that were against the Teams to meet him here. None of them knew anything, and he wanted to keep it that way. His group would be led from the shadows, allowed to believe anything, except the truth. Few had any idea that they were probably going to change their way of life- forever. He leaned back and waited.
--
Outside the cabin, a dark shape leaped among the rocks, always keeping guard. This was Miten, Axel's main companion, and most loyal Pokemon. The Mightyena was fierce and intelligent, knowing when to run and when to fight. Currently, it patrolled the mountain, while Pitto ((a pidgeot)) circled overhead. They were awaiting the newcomers. The ones who would help their master. And that was all that mattered.
((each of you guys need to detail how you found out about Axel's group, and how you came to Mt. Fuji. Flying, Surfing, or taking a train; be creative!!))

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Hooray for the RP Start! I have One question though. Has technology advanced in 2063?))
While Taking the "Scenic" Flying tour Around Mt. Fuji (On his Skarmory of course), Eric spotted a Building that he didn't recognize. That's odd. I've been living here 6 years, and I've never seen that building. "Come On Scar, were landing!" He exclaimed.

Upon landing, Eric Recalled Scar to his pokeball. He had heard about a place like this on the internet. Somebody named Axel was working here. He was looking for recruits, and now was the right time to sign up.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((technology would have advanced, but the Teams are oppressive, so as a result, even though new technology's been developed, nobody has it except for the rich and the privileged; either way, Axel's isolated, so no new computers for him. Just go with regular Pokemon technology minus computers/PCs and healing items))

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Ok, i'll try
--------------------
Kris headed out to Mt. Fuji, where he knew a man named Axel dwelled. He was headed there for a reason-a rebellion. Yes, he would finally have a chance to take down the teams and see what the world was like before they came to power. He found out about Axel and his plans a year ago, he was looking for recruits on the internet, of course he didnt come right out and say "Rebellion! Who wants to help me?" but eventually Kris found out what he was up to. (I have my ways.) Now he was headed to Axel's cabin on Mt. Fuji. "Flygon, I think I see it! Land there!" Kris and Flygon landed, now was time to meet Axel.
--------------------------------------
((Was that okay?))

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((when talking out of character, use the double parantheses. other than that, try being more descriptive, like you're telling/writing a story))
Miten sniffed the air, and began growling. There were intruders. He barked at Pitto, who immediately saw them. Both had arrived via flying Pokemon. Miten raced back to the cabin, while Pitto landed directly in front of the newcomers. Pitto made eye contact with each one, then flew away, towards the cabin. ((just follow Pitto and you should wind up meeting me; LadyMiir can follow the tracks or something))

At the cabin, Miten bounded in through the front door. Axel got up, ready to meet his recruits. But security had to take precedence; as such, he released his Electivire (Tivi) and Kabutops (Kabu), allowing them to race out into the snow, setting themselves up to ambush if necessary. Axel and Viita walked out the front door, waiting for the strangers that would, if everything went right, change the world.
((EDIT: AnimeFreak_98, you're doing much better))

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 831 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next