It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Types that need more pokemon in Gen 5 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dark and Ghost just need more, in general.
As does Psychic. And Steel.And Poison.
I just love all these types =)

Ghost should be combined with EVERYTHING!
What if there was a "Possession" Pokemon that took on different formes/types depending on where its let out of its Pokeball?
That'd be a lot of data to manage, but it'd be flippin awesome.

And, for the record, I use Uxie as often as I can. Effin love the little guy.
He's easily my favorite of the trio, and actually one of my all-time favorites, both in battle and in theory (his species/role in life).
Just thought I'd throw that out there, to prove the point that it's all in personal taste,
and you could technically dominate the metagame with a Rattata army.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Yes i know its all in personal taste, but my opinions were basically all based on in-game battling. They change if im talking about them generally. Not going to state those opinions at the moment due to this statement:
Good Night World! Im so fricken tired so im saying nothing more at the moment and logging off!

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Just thought I'd throw that out there, to prove the point that it's all in personal taste,
and you could technically dominate the metagame with a Rattata army.

Not really. I mean if you come up against a sandstorm, hail, entry hazards or Fake Out, F.E.A.R., doesn't work.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
and you could technically dominate the metagame with a Rattata army

I agree with that, the Pokemon you chose to use really is all in personal taste. I don't use some pokemon over others even though they are stronger. And there are some Pokemon types I would not like to see aquire more Pokemon. Like Dragon, I'll admit it needs more, but personally I never liked Dragon Pokemon. Except Flygon.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
I agree with that, the Pokemon you chose to use really is all in personal taste. I don't use some pokemon over others even though they are stronger. And there are some Pokemon types I would not like to see aquire more Pokemon. Like Dragon, I'll admit it needs more, but personally I never liked Dragon Pokemon. Except Flygon.

Yeah, I've never used Salamence, even though it is ridiculously overpowered, because I think it looks ugly and not nearly as good as, say Gyarados for example.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Definitely enough dragons, their supposed to be a unique and powerful type anyway. But bacon, u never used salamence? u missed a lot. Fire type definitely needs more, although it'll be quite hard making fire types, because it's not a really animal thing. Water types are fish and marine animals, Grass types are plants. Fires are just random animals and creatures that somehow spray fire. I don't think there should be lots of Psychic, Ghost or Dark types, there also supposed to be abstract sorts of types like Dragon. I think there should be more poison and fighting types. And some more water types.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Enough with the dragons????!!!! ARE YOU MAD!!!! I understand your reasoning behind this, but still..... We need at least 1 dragon in each type.
And if you want enough with the "insert type here" , I say enough with the water and normal types theres too !@#$%^& many! (Yes i now, ive probably said this all before.....)

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why have they not done a Fire/Dragon non-legendary? I mean, ALL dragons shoot fire out of their mouths. That's the only new dragon I want to see.

And, yeah, since Salamence appears on virtually every team, every team has a counter for it. Plus I prefer to use surprise and unexpected movesets/roles in my teams for pokemon. But most of all I think he's annoying and doesn't look that good, not good enough for my team anyway.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think it needs more stronger grass types, definitely more electrics, more dark and different combos like Ice/Fire or Dragon/Dark or maybe even Grass/Electric or Psychic/Water

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slim Shady wrote:
Definitely enough dragons, their supposed to be a unique and powerful type anyway. But bacon, u never used salamence? u missed a lot. Fire type definitely needs more, although it'll be quite hard making fire types, because it's not a really animal thing. Water types are fish and marine animals, Grass types are plants. Fires are just random animals and creatures that somehow spray fire. I don't think there should be lots of Psychic, Ghost or Dark types, there also supposed to be abstract sorts of types like Dragon. I think there should be more poison and fighting types. And some more water types.

Dude, dragons don't have enough! Dragons are saved for the end of the game because they're supposed to be that all powerful type, we know that. what were saying is that they need more dragon pokemon that arent that uber strong overdone pokemon. something simple and more common, a dragon type, but a moderately strong one that could be more common. like it could be a minor dragon that could be something you find around in the caves.
Also, fire isn't that hard making. You just throw some flames on their back and color them with warm colors and TADA you have a fire pokemon. And I think Psychic, Ghost and Dark types do need more... well maybe not Dark, they're typing has become more common, but i'd say they need more Dark attacks. Psychic and Ghost though need more, they'res normally only a few ghost pokemon in every game, and psychic is normally that sort of hard to find type. but i think this gen were gonna have many more, judging on how one of them has been being called the new zubat.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
what were saying is that they need more dragon pokemon that arent that uber strong overdone pokemon. something simple and more common, a dragon type, but a moderately strong one that could be more common. like it could be a minor dragon

I think they tried that in Gen 3 with Altaria, but I think the supreme power of Dragon's offensively, is due to their strength being so prevalent in Japanese culture. I might be wrong, but that's just my thoughts

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dragons as legendaries and ubers is more overdone than anything, imo. i would like to see more fighting, ice, and STRONG bug pokemon.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well, what i'm trying to say is that some types were made to be rare and unique, and others were supposed to be common and all over the place. Types like Normal, Flying, Water, Grass and Ground are pretty obvious "animal" types, whereas stuff like Psychic, Ghost, Dark and Dragon hardly even exist in the real world. pokemon is still mostly a game for kids with made up, cute little animals that also have kickass fighting skills.

we need fighting, poison and bug legendaries, that's a definite. fighting could be some sort of chuck norris guy, maybe like mewtwo or deoxys, poison could be a massive snake like rayquaza or some sort of sludge monster, and bug could be a huge mantis or spider. although huge spiders are a bit cliche, but still

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MOre ice types that aren't part water because I hate trying to take down Pryce with Quilava and can barely do anything

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
we need fighting, poison and bug legendaries, that's a definite. fighting could be some sort of chuck norris guy, maybe like mewtwo or deoxys, poison could be a massive snake like rayquaza or some sort of sludge monster, and bug could be a huge mantis or spider. although huge spiders are a bit cliche, but still

I agree. Gen III had 3 Legendary Dragons (Rayquaza, Latios, Latias). Gen IV had 3 Legendary Dragons (Dialga, Giratina, Palkia). and now Gen V has Reshiram and Zekrom. That is 3 Generations in a row with atleast 1 Version Mascot being Dragon-Type. Is that not enough?

Quote:
fighting could be some sort of chuck norris guy

I laughed out loud when I read that.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I agree Dragon Legendaries have been to death. Personally I would love to see a Dark legendary

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:20 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

You're all saying Dragon legendaries have way too much pokemon but what about Psychic? Psychic legendaries have way too much. I know thats been said but i wanted to say it again. I too would like to see more non-legendary/uber Dragons but i dont think there's too much dragon legendaries.

Image Image Image
ImageImage

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you think about how they've been back-to-back yes there have been to many. As for Psychic

Mew
Mewtwo
Cressilia
The lake Trio
Deoxys
Jirachi
Celebi

The thing about these that they weren't in succession.

Still want a Dark Legendary. Darkrai didn't peek my interest

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:11 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

These are the Psychic Legendaries:
Mew
Mewtwo
Lugia
Celebi
Latios
Latias
Jirachi
Deoxys
Uxie
Azelf
Mesprit
Cresselia
Bikutini
At least Two each gen, excluding 5th where there still maybe another.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Let's tally up all the legendaries, shall we?

Normal: 2
Fire: 4
Water: 5
Grass: 2
Electric: 2
Ice: 2
Ground: 1
Rock: 1
Bug: 0
Ghost: 1
Psychic: 12
Poison: 0
Flying: 6
Fighting: 0
Dragon: 6
Dark: 1
Steel: 4

I didn't count formes (Deoxys gets ONE, that jerk).
I counted dual-types as two pokes (I.E. Celebi is both Grass and Psychic, so she got one in each).
Shaymin has two formes, but one is dual-typed. She only got two points in my book, one in Grass, one in Flying.
I counted Phione. Yeah, I know.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Bug, Poison and Fighting are the outcasts :'( And, as i said, Psychic has too much! Double what dragon has!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
Let's tally up all the legendaries, shall we?

Normal: 2
Fire: 4
Water: 5
Grass: 2
Electric: 2
Ice: 2
Ground: 1
Rock: 1
Bug: 0
Ghost: 1
Psychic: 12
Poison: 0
Flying: 6
Fighting: 0
Dragon: 6
Dark: 1
Steel: 4

I didn't count formes (Deoxys gets ONE, that jerk).
I counted dual-types as two pokes (I.E. Celebi is both Grass and Psychic, so she got one in each).
Shaymin has two formes, but one is dual-typed. She only got two points in my book, one in Grass, one in Flying.
I counted Phione. Yeah, I know.

OK, now that someone has done this, we have a better idea of where legendaries are needed.

First we need a cut of point- anything ABOVE 6 we will consider overdone. BELOW 6 we will consider giving protein shakes and such....

Psychic, as has been said "IS OVERDONE"- No more PLEASE.
Dragon, Flying have enough (as of gen 4)
Water could do with ONE more (but preferably not)
Any type thats less than 4 but greater than 0- add a few more too them, it'll make us happy.
Types with 0- unacceptable, this makes these types look as if the deveopers dont ccare about these vtypes by not giveing them some attentian with the legondaries.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, we probably need a legendary Bug-type, or Poison, or Fighting. Any one of those should make us happy. But well, it's just an opinion.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

A giant millipede? Preying Mantis? I got nothin really bad@$$ of a bug in mind

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bug/Dark type legendary? It could be eating all the trees in Gen V...

Bad idea. I know...

GO GREEN?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next