It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Starters' Types: pure Grass, Fire/Fighting, pure Water. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i'm very confident that tatsuja's evolution is grass/poison because Tatsuja looks like a small snake and and I saw a poison type move called coil pure specualtion but that is what i'm assuming based off of everythinkgi've seen

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:33 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Hope not, if so, i dont like Tsutaaja as much ]:

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, Im kinda hopin it'll turn out to be Grass/dragon in the end. If that's the case I may choose it over the Fire Pig.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

if it was a dragon i would get it but i get them all any way

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think they're all gonna be pretty good, but does anyone else find that the Water Otter actually seems like it may be pretty good? Although, however good the other two are, I will always go for Pokabu

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

actually, i usually pick my starter based off of how the final evos look (the only game i didn't do that was sapphire, my first pokemon game). in sinnoh it was the best of the worst, but we haven't even seen the middle evo for Pokabu, so... if it's grass/poison, that's alright, but it's way overdone for grass-types. not as awesome as grass/dragon.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i wonder if theyll do it like in dpp wher the gras starter was good aganst the fire caues it was ground or the water was good on the grass cause its steel and the fire good on water cause its fire and fighting are good on water steel

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well tatsuja is apparently a treecko rip-off, and sceptile is a lizard, and most lizards have something to do with dragons. I mean, Arbok and Seviper are snakes, and they're in the dragon egg group. rayquazas a snake as well, but its dragon type. same with dratini and dragonair. But thing is, Gamefreak want us to believe that dragon types are the most powerful of them all, because peoples impressions are generally that dragons are very powerful, and the fact there are only 19 dragons at the moment makes people think that there rare coz there good. So its unlikely they'll make a starter a dragon. I mean, charizard's a dragon, but it's still flying type. I'm gussing poison type for tatsuja, it's not the first time they've done the same dual typing for starters.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

rex09 wrote:
actually, i usually pick my starter based off of how the final evos look (the only game i didn't do that was sapphire, my first pokemon game). in sinnoh it was the best of the worst, but we haven't even seen the middle evo for Pokabu, so... if it's grass/poison, that's alright, but it's way overdone for grass-types. not as awesome as grass/dragon.

Im gonna pick all three anyway like Jaypokes.
I had a dream that Pokabu's mid evo was Fire/water and pokabu was swimming next to it, it was basically pokabu with no feet and a giant black fin :)
If its Grass/Dragon, i love him even more, Grass/Poison...Bring on Mijumaru!

Edit: Did this threads name just change?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I read on pokebeach.com that they found out while playing the demo in japan that Mijamiru has high attacks stats and its probaly gonna be a water/fighting type and pokabu has high hp and attack than tsubasa has high special

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

did u read that from a link i posted...?
But yeah, since i posted that link i read it too and id like Mijumaru to become water/fighting[:

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I imagine Pokabu's evo will turn out a Fire/Ground type.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

...or fire/psychic...does anyone but me see the relation to spoink?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah fire ground would make sense since pigs roll in mud and all that and also the only reason tsubasa would know the move coil is becuase its a long snake not becuase it gonna be poison type.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the only relation it has to spoink is its a pig. OH WOW. and i think it could be a fire/steel, like an armored pig. and mijumaru is probably going to be a water/fighting, judging at how his evo looked in that sketch for the anime. and i think in that sense tsutaaja will just be grass cause its strong against steel. atleast, that way there'll be some balance.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i think a fire/ground would be good i always use the fire starter firs exept in johto

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
the only relation it has to spoink is its a pig. OH WOW. and i think it could be a fire/steel, like an armored pig. and mijumaru is probably going to be a water/fighting, judging at how his evo looked in that sketch for the anime. and i think in that sense tsutaaja will just be grass cause its strong against steel. atleast, that way there'll be some balance.

Grass isnt strong against steel
And i see some more relations, however small. But im not gonna bother stating them.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
grass cause its strong against steel. atleast, that way there'll be some balance.

isnt steel good on grass

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No... No it is not. Hoping for a Fire/Steel typing for Pokabu's evolutions.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Pokabu doesnt really look like something that would evolve into a steel type, Charmander was the closest, since he was like the only one to learn a steel type move. if u want a fire/steel type, go look at Chameny.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey, when i first saw piplup I thoguht it was gonna be water/ice. I think we cant leave out the possiblity of fire/steel for Pokabu, but as of right know based on the pics weve seen, im gonna say its slim.

For Pokabu im seeing secondary typing possiblity of dark,ground,or none.

For the otter im seeing secondary typing of ice, fighting or none.

For the Grass snake, im seeing a seondary typing of dark, poison (please let me be wrong on this one), dragon or none.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i think pokabu is fire ground

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:46 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I think that out of the types you stated for the three, id rather not see pokabu with ground typing, Im pretty sure Mijumaru will be fighting, and i love that idea! And for Tsutaaja, poor poor Tsutaaja, PLZ NO POISON! Dark sounds alright but Dragon sounds completely and totally awesome!

Jaypokes wrote:
i think pokabu is fire ground

No. You lie. Go away! ;( No Ground. Bacon may not fall in mud! Dont you think so my precious? My precious! MY PRECIOUS! Hahahaha...HAHAHAHA...MWUHAHAHAHAHA

Random Dude: Great Job. U made him go insane!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i love the fire starers and chardizard is awesome so chardizard a no the fire spiting dragon cam from a little
lizzard but a fire monkey turn into a fighting ape
so the evo could be simpley a bigger version or a commpletely diffrent
pokemon

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well notice now how all the starters up to now have had pretty "basic" dual types: poison, flying, fighting, ground, steel. I mean, it's unlikely they'll make the more "abstract" sorta types like psychic, ghost, dark, dragon into dual types for starters. But I'd be really happy if they did. Let's hope tatsuja becomes an awesome grass/dragon sweeper :D.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next