It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Only Isshu Pokemon? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree with that, but I want Pichu evoltion line in Ishhu dex. All previous pokedex have Pikachu and Raichu (on RBY nLGFR donot have Pichu)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Infernape77 wrote:
I agree with that, but I want Pichu evoltion line in Ishhu dex. All previous pokedex have Pikachu and Raichu (on RBY nLGFR donot have Pichu)

that's because pichu didn't come around til gen 2. and i'm sure that line is going to be in it. looking at how in that dream world thing he had a pikachu and brought it back in that weird crazy trailer, i think there is. so you still have hope.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Infernape77 wrote:

that's because pichu didn't come around til gen 2. and i'm sure that line is going to be in it. looking at how in that dream world thing he had a pikachu and brought it back in that weird crazy trailer, i think there is. so you still have hope.

Yeah I also know that, plus I also want Meowth too, he is my "MoneyMachine"

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:

Yeah, there has never been a game without Pikachu. In generation V it seems Pikachu will be cast aside into the shadows. I hope they don't get rid of Ash and Pikachu in the anime :O That could potentially be genocide to the franchise. But I have no evidence to think they would do that, so it is a bit farfetched.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, there has never been a game without Pikachu. In generation V it seems Pikachu will be cast aside into the shadows. I hope they don't get rid of Ash and Pikachu in the anime :O That could potentially be genocide to the franchise. But I have no evidence to think they would do that, so it is a bit farfetched.

http://www.psypokes.com/news/413 :: far left, ash and at his feet, pikachu. they're still in the anime. and pikachu hasn't been cast aside into the shadows? maybe cast behind the Regional Dex, but you can still get him, or trade him over.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I really like the idea this gen anyway of only allowing having Isshu Pokemon until the National Dex is obtained (just hope that if you have another version to transfer them from that you can get the older pokemon before obtaining the National Dex like in DPPt where that can even evolve & what not)...

I also sense cause of this though that they took proper precautions this time around & included lots of variety & a large amount of new pokemon as well like around 200 or so of them which would also explain why they are showing off so many pokemon early I guess...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
I really like the idea this gen anyway of only allowing having Isshu Pokemon until the National Dex is obtained (just hope that if you have another version to transfer them from that you can get the older pokemon before obtaining the National Dex like in DPPt where that can even evolve & what not)...

I also sense cause of this though that they took proper precautions this time around & included lots of variety & a large amount of new pokemon as well like around 200 or so of them which would also explain why they are showing off so many pokemon early I guess...

Well, it says that you can't use the Pokeshifter til you obtain the national dex. and thats the thing where you transfer the pokemon over, and to get them in the game, you have to do that slingshot thing to catch the ones you want to transfer. so i think you're out of luck there. And having alot of pokemon with variety will be nice. anywhere between 150-200 new pokemon would make me happy :D

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

true, but maybe you could trade them from another Gen V game to get them earlier. unless they don't allow that. but either way, i'm all for this idea!!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love this idea of isshu only pokemon, but i dont want to look at all the pokemon before i get the game cuz i want to be surprised but its just so dang hard to resit

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DarkTrainer wrote:
I love this idea of isshu only pokemon, but i dont want to look at all the pokemon before i get the game cuz i want to be surprised but its just so dang hard to resit

Eh, i don't mind. But then again, no one had any idea what the pokemon in RBY were gonna be.. then again they had no idea what pokemon was until it came out.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Isshu-exclusive Dex doesn't rule out the possibility of prevos or evos being added in Gen V. Think about the Sinnoh Dex - it didn't have all of the evos until the national dex and weren't scattered through the Sinnoh Dex, they were all at the end, chillin' with the legendaries. New evos is probably going to happen, especially seeing the Luvdisc evolution. Luvdisc was an obsolete Pokemon whose only use was Heart Scales, so they gave it something new. I expect to see more of these, especially with Dunsparce.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it makes sense to me. it's in a new continent. do you think you find a snow lepord in africa? no. that's why they are starting with only isshu pokemon. they will do isshu pokemon in gen 6 with the next region.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Well, it says that you can't use the Pokeshifter til you obtain the national dex. and thats the thing where you transfer the pokemon over, and to get them in the game, you have to do that slingshot thing to catch the ones you want to transfer. so i think you're out of luck there. And having alot of pokemon with variety will be nice. anywhere between 150-200 new pokemon would make me happy :D

I know that but I more so mean with another Gen V game with the older pokemon on it, maybe I could do it this way in the case that I restart my file...I'm sure you can at least trade normally between the games & besides...get this, what about obtaining Zoroark & Zorua then as those both require older pokemon to obtain that are being given out to people who have..."HGSS"...I wonder how they will handle this as Zoroark & Zorua are both Isshu pokemon meaning I would really like to see at least 1 of them before I obtain the National Dex...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I love and hate this idea at the same time. I love the idea of only having (157) new pokemon! But im sad that all the pokemon that have been in every gen, like Magikarp, Zubat, Geodude and Pikachu; are gone!
Also that 157 was just a rumor. Also just a rumor was Minotauros, the next evo. of tauros that stands on two legs! God i hope that rumor is a lie!
But no matter what I know im going to love this gen! Even if i dont love all the pokemon.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
I love and hate this idea at the same time. I love the idea of only having (157) new pokemon! But im sad that all the pokemon that have been in every gen, like Magikarp, Zubat, Geodude and Pikachu; are gone!
Also that 157 was just a rumor. Also just a rumor was Minotauros, the next evo. of tauros that stands on two legs! God i hope that rumor is a lie!
But no matter what I know im going to love this gen! Even if i dont love all the pokemon.

I like that idea. Your mindset about this pretty much wins.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

YAY! I WON! I WON! Wait! What did I win? [:

Well its true! In my case atleast. This gen looks awesome, especially the storyline. And if you like the story and have at least 1-6 pokemon you like, you'll love it. Or, atleast in my case again.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am just afraid of the fact that everyone will have basically the same in-game and possibly competetive team. Since we will be restricted to only Isshu Pokemon for the most part of the game, people will probably flock to the 6 strongest pokemon. Like, for example in Gen I. A lot of peoples' teams contained atleast 1 of the following Pokemon : Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pidgeot, Machamp, Gengar, Raichu, Alakazam, Golem, and eeveelution(s). I don't blame them really. I mean they were the strongest. Depending on what starter you choose you could have also had a Arcanine, Vileplume, Lapras, Poliwrath, Ninetales, Victreebell, or Rapidash. In Gen IV, there was a lot more variety in peoples' in-game teams.

So really what I am saying is that I hope there will be enough good Isshu Pokemon for people to have many options for their teams.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I am very hopeful. The lack of almost any 1st or 2nd Gen Pokemon was one of the things in RSE that I really liked (The fact that you needed ~7 games to fill the Dex, not so much). It allowed me to appreciate the new Pokemon. Really, most of us would've probably grabbed the best 1st Gen Pokemon we could find otherwise. As long as there is good availability of Pokemon of previous Gens, or a convenient way to transfer between DPP and BW, I'm complaint free.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
I am just afraid of the fact that everyone will have basically the same in-game and possibly competetive team. Since we will be restricted to only Isshu Pokemon for the most part of the game, people will probably flock to the 6 strongest pokemon. Like, for example in Gen I. A lot of peoples' teams contained atleast 1 of the following Pokemon : Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pidgeot, Machamp, Gengar, Raichu, Alakazam, Golem, and eeveelution(s). I don't blame them really. I mean they were the strongest. Depending on what starter you choose you could have also had a Arcanine, Vileplume, Lapras, Poliwrath, Ninetales, Victreebell, or Rapidash.

well those pokémon represent the 46 out of 150 pokémon so I'd say it's not that bad...
personally I'm all for the idea of only having Isshu pokemon.
the one thing I really hope is that you get a larger variety of pokemon at the start, it really bugs me that all the useless ones seem to come first
making you wait until after badge 4 or 5 to start actually training keepers. I think this hampers the diversity of teams a lot more in the later games than anything else.

not being able to trade trough pokemon would really piss me off :p
having a pretty much filled dex after spending waay toomuch time on it,

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't think they should have ONLY Isshu Pokes; the most they should do is only keep the popular Pokemon that have so far appeared in every region's dex: the pikachus, jigglypuff and co, alakazam's gang, the cave bats and rocks, etc. I'd be very surprised if Pikachu only appeared after the National Dex. If they did go ahead with the idea, I'd miss the magikarp I always have on my team :(

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

dude, i love pikachu as much as the next guy, but GET THE HELL OVER IT, PLEZ. the fact that it's been in every gen up until now- it still will be. just not until the nat dex, which, unless you majorly suck at the game, wouldn't be too much time. really, the point is to create a brand new experience for ALL the players. and they've already said that there won't be any pokes from previous games until after the national dex. if you don't like that fact, i respect your opinion. i disagree, but everyone's entitled to their opinion, so.... [/pointlessrant]

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't see what the big deal is. To me, the best thing about a new generation is the new experience and entirely new feel the game has. If you just use Gyarados and Pikachu, what kind of new experience is that?

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

seriously. i love the old pokemon, OLD SCHOOL POKES FTW, but i still love this. It gives a new feel to the game, that most of the play time you won't be seeing familiar faces, but new ones. I don't want to be staring at the back of the heads of the pokemon i was using just a couple days ago on HGSS.

By the way, I can honestly say, PIKACHU FTL. He is OVER-RATED. Why is Pikachu the mascot for EVERYTHING POKEMON!? He may not be literally, but thats what everyone sees him as, just because he's Ashes starter. OH WOW. I would replace Pikachu with my Ampharos ANY DAY.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SIERIOUSLY! i admit, i replace my starters with other pokes in gen VI ( {garchomp}, {luxray}, {swampert}) the only reason i would use pikachu is because of volt takle! OMG

Last edited by Anamator on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Agreed, i have tried Pikachu and Raichu and make a decision to replace them with Manectric. It's only good as a mascot pokemon. Anyway, i think that we could only use Isshu pokemon is not bad at all, unless if Isshu pokemon really that bad. And i hope i could get myself a DS or 3Ds soon.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next