It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Gen 5 Legendaries Discussion 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi everyone I'm very excited about the release of a new generation of Pokemon! So I came up with this post about Gen 5 legendaries. Everyone's welcome to share their assumptions about what may come out, ideas about what should be included, & even yours or others' fan legendaries!
First of all, I'll start with the basic formula: In each generation there'll be at least a trio (Birds, beasts, golems, etc), an über (Mewtwo, Deoxys, etc), & a mirage (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc). Also, duos are often included. Each generation has expanded this in some way so what will Gen 5 be like?
We'll look at the recent generations for a pattern: in Hoenn there're 2 opposing mascots for 2 games & a more powerful 3rd one in a 3rd game to stop their war. In Sinnoh it's roughly the same, with 2 opposing legendaries fighting a war & a 3rd one that expends the war. Now we already know that Reshiram & Zekrom will be the 2 opposing legendaries so we can expect a 3rd one - a grey/gray one? That's curious to find out...
Last week Pokemon Sunday said that this week the "mirage" PM will be released - let's wait for it!

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:25 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My guess is that Isshu's Rayquaza equivalent will be an Ice/Dragon type, since Reshiram is Fire/Dragon and Zekrom is Electric/Dragon. I'm also hoping that one of the reigion's standalone legendaries is a Poison type so potent that any other life forms that touch it are instantly disintigrated. IE: it would have an ability that harms any pokemon that uses a contact move on it.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hope the legendarys designs are orignal
i hope that its based on a asian legend of some sort, its always nice to ee game to real wrld simalaritys

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hope that the backstory is about the continuing struggle between Nature and The expanding Human Society. That's proboably what it is going to be, and it will proboably have a message behind it, such as that without nature, the world would be in chaos.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i really am hoping for an ice type legendary that will have a good secondary typing (i don't competitively battle, just play the games for enjoyment lol). Ice dragons would be cool, but imo, dragons are overdone (even tho the third one probably will be a dragon).
the new "mirage" poke is kinda weird... wonder what's special about it??

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright - so we know BIKUTINI/VICTINI (NOT bikini as some people like to call it) is the "mirage" legendary. The weird thing is that it's listed as 000 in the Pokedex...
To be honest, the 1st time I saw it I totally despise it & hoped it's a fake...So strictly speaking Pokemon Sunday didn't reveal a "new" PM just an old one with more info.
This time I saw it, I totally LOVE it! Instead of cliche cute girly this looks cool & confident (At least it appears so to me)! It's related to victory & could probably turn out in the 14th movie.
Oh, about more legendaries, bear in mind that there're no Bug, Fighting or Poison type legendaries...yet.
Of course a 3rd Ice-type legendary is possible due to the popularity of Fire-Ice-Electricity, there's a possibility that it could represent harmony between technology & nature!
If Reshiram really represents nature, shouldn't it be Dragon/Grass? Just wondering...

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You need the Liberty Ticket to get it maybe that means something

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Talking of Liberty Ticket, all I can associate with the word liberty is a lady wearing a long dress with a torch in one hand & a book in the other. LOL...
But I'm pretty sure that it'll have a big role in the next movie!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Apparently Victini is the a psychic/fire type, which to be honest I'm glad about as I thought it might another psychic type...

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

HMM...Tricky. Im thinking that the third legendary is gonna be a typing they havent done before.....or it could be a new type ( if they are introducing any new types).

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If they really want to do something unexpected, they could make the third 'cover' legendary one type instead of two.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dragons are epically worn out. With Rayquaza in emerald and the gem series Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina they should make a Dark Legendary. and a basic type trio, Water, Grass, Fire. As well as like an Electric "mirage" to mix things up a little

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dark_Swampert wrote:
they should make a Dark Legendary.

{darkrai}

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well Reshiram and Zekrom are Yin and Yang based, so perhaps if there's a third XX/Dragon legend that follows their trend it could be the "Spiritual Balance" Pokemon or something.

Some things I would like to see in legendaries:
-A Bug Legendary (I don't know what it would be based on, but giving the insects and spiders of the pokemon world some love would be nice.)
-A Poison Legendary (Perhaps a "Plague" Pokemon or something, having a basis in old myths surrounding the Bubonic Plague or similar.)
-A cool Fighting-type Legendary (Not sure what we can do here, but it would be cool.)
-One, maybe two, more legends for the types that have one or two legendaries. (Not to over do it with legendaries, but throwing in another Grass-type or Rock-type legendary would be fine by me.)
-An obvious basis or concept in each legendary. (We've got a few legendaries that don't have an obvious myth or concept that their based on, but keeping these clean and clear would be nice.)
-A sense of balance for legendary pairs/trios (Lugia and Ho-oh were a good pair, there were no obvious advantages that one had over the other, as opposed to Groudon and Kyogre, in which Kyogre obviously has the advantage)

Some things I would hate to see in legendaries:
-Another Arceus (No stupidly powerful legendary that has a ridiculous concept like the "god" Pokemon)
-Unnecessary amounts of event Pokemon (Victiny or whatever the heck it's called is fine, giving version X the capability to get Pokemon only available in version Y and vice versa is fine, Pokemon based on an anime character's or the legendary in a movie is fine, but I wan't to be able to catch pretty much all of my Pokemon without having to go find an event or wait for one.)
-Rehashed concepts (No Mewthree for example, don't just "redo" a legendary, they've done this before with Moltres and Ho-oh both being roughly based on the phoenix, also with Mew and Arceus, Mew was the first "Origin" pokemon but no, they went ahead and made God, the "The First Ever Original Origin, thxkbai" Pokemon)

Also, the Dragon-type legends are getting out of hand. We had none until Gen III, where they introduced Rayquaza and the Lati's, that was okay, but then Gen IV introduced the Space-Time duo and Giratina, that's six in two generations, it's a little overdone by now.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm saying that the Pokemon world legends are really getting out of hand.
First they have some Mew that created all Pokemon.
Then they have the weather trio that created the sky, ground & sea.
Then there's some even more powerful ones that controls time & space, "prince of the sea", cause nightmares, blah blah blah blah blah. Then guess what? Something that created the entire world! AND they're not gonna stop here - White Yin & Black Yang?!
I mean, everyone knows that these legends are made-up, of course. But if I were to write legends (which I'm currently doing to my own Magic Monsters) I would try my best to make them as easily believable as possible. So what next? Something that creates Arceus?! Someone cleverly made up a story that Arceus made the legendaries, among them Mew made the Pokemon, more blahblahblahs.
By the way, I greatly agrees with Magus' ideas. He pretty much said all about it.
I sort of feel like that the typing is just WEIRD this time...Look, Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini - They have absolutely no relation to their second typing! I would as well accepted it better if Victini is pure Psychic, Zekrom is Dragon-Steel, & Reshiram is Dragon-Ehhh......Can't think of anything good. Yet.
Gamefreak, ya better not disappoint us this time!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First-Dragon types are on of my favorite types (along with steel and fire).......so...........BRING ON THE LEGENDARY DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second- And yet I agree, there does seem to be a LOT of dragon legendaries ( compared to just plain old dragon types). They should make some legendries with types that DONT have any legenderies yet or have very few legenderies ( posion, fighting, Bug,.....)

Third when you say TOO many dragon legendaries, you do relize that Rayquaza and the lati are the only PRIMARY dragon legenderies. GEn 4 dragon legendaries are SECONDARY dragons.....

Finally, I think that since they have arceus which they say is the "creator", they should have a Pokemon that causes destruction or that "shall bring upon the end of days" ( said in a very important voice with echo after affect).

Also... I too would like to see a poison legendary.... Nice concept

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
They should make some legendries with types that DONT have any legenderies yet or have very few legenderies ( posion, fighting, Bug,.....)

Totally agree on this point. The only thing they should do with types (not the point of this topic, I know) is make all have Legendaries, all hybrids covered (and a pure Flying-type).

GofD wrote:
When you say TOO many dragon legendaries, you do realize that Rayquaza and the Latis are the only PRIMARY dragon legenderies. Gen 4 dragon legendaries are SECONDARY dragons.....

How in the world can you say they are secondary when all three of them are version mascots? That's like a contradiction. Besides, if they are secondary, who are the primary Legends for Gen IV? I don't agree with that statement.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
GofD wrote:
When you say TOO many dragon legendaries, you do realize that Rayquaza and the Latis are the only PRIMARY dragon legenderies. Gen 4 dragon legendaries are SECONDARY dragons.....

How in the world can you say they are secondary when all three of them are version mascots? That's like a contradiction. Besides, if they are secondary, who are the primary Legends for Gen IV? I don't agree with that statement.

I think what he means is when you look at the summary for rayquaza and the latis, dragon shows up as the first type, then the secondary type. with gen IV, dragon shows as the secondary typing. but imo, this is irrelevant; it doesn't make them any less dragon-type. which is indeed overdone.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[quote="rex09 but imo, this is irrelevant; it doesn't make them any less dragon-type. which is indeed overdone.[/quote]
I agree, we used to have a select few Dragon types, but in Gen 4, its just been whored out to anything that wants it bad enough. In Gen 2, we used to have only 2 fully evolved Dragons; even Charizard and Gyarados weren't worthy of the title, now the Uber Tier is overrun by Dragons and Psychics.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think people who load their teams up with legendary dragon pokemon don't really play the game. There's no challenge because they're severely overpowered. Enough dragon and psychic legengdary pokemon. Psychic pokemon trainers such as moi, would appreciate regular psychic pokemon.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sabrina wrote:
I think people who load their teams up with legendary dragon pokemon don't really play the game. There's no challenge because they're severely overpowered.

A- Just becasue I like Dragon Legendaries doesnt mean I dont play the game.
B- The only legendary im using right now is RAYQUAZA, basically becasue its lvl 100 and it know s fly.
C- If I really dont play the game "casue I overload my team with legendaris", how did I beat the gyms BEFORE I got the legendaries?
D- Sorry if I seem rude, but it's really hard for me to put my personallity into this.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd like to back up GofD, here. All of those are good points and just bear in mind that if your playing against someone else with equally overpowered dragons, it takes a lot of skill and strategy at both ends, or in an Uber match for instance. Although overpowered against normal Pokemon, they do have their counters and aren't unstoppable.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A legendary bug would be cool like a super worm that was 59 ft high and was part ice so it would be cool and stuff

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mektar wrote:
My guess is that Isshu's Rayquaza equivalent will be an Ice/Dragon type, since Reshiram is Fire/Dragon and Zekrom is Electric/Dragon. I'm also hoping that one of the reigion's standalone legendaries is a Poison type so potent that any other life forms that touch it are instantly disintigrated. IE: it would have an ability that harms any pokemon that uses a contact move on it.

As the games seem to be Yin-Yang themed you would likely need a opposite that cures what touches it or something along that line... perhaps it's special could cure status effects of itself and its battle partners and make them immune to every effect?

Wailord_2 wrote:
A legendary bug would be cool like a super worm that was 59 ft high and was part ice so it would be cool and stuff

Mongolian Death Worm amirite?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alaskan Bull Worm, actually.

But I hope the Pokemon Grey Legendary is really beastly and cool like Reshiram and Zekrom, not like Bikutini.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next