It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Favorite Hobbies 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This is where you can post your experiences in the pursuit of fun! I,for example,have a cousin who keeps horses.My favorite of them is Rooster.We called him that because he likes to whinny at the mares.I took a lesson yesterday which involved trotting.Because of the way I was told to sit,I felt that I was losing control of him so I stopped him.My instructor asked me why I stopped and laughed when I explained.She let me walk a bit then asked me to trot again.I did better this time.Today,I did mostly the same thing again,except I was nearly perfect! I'm a novice,so learning to trot without freaking out was an accomplishment for me.It wasn't the speed that scared me,but the motion;the trot is a very bouncy gait unless you ride it properly.

What are your hobbies and experinces? I'd love to hear them.

My new Dark dragon,Chaos!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

... and that explains your avatar then! LOL

Hobbies? Well, photography has been a hobby of mine off and on since about 1975. I did a thread on it here: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26505 - it had a somewhat brief lifespan, but I posted a few photos in it. Be forewarned, the very first photo on my first post in this thread was a "macro" photograph of a very tiny spider (but big in the photo).

Another liftime hobby for me (started in about 6th grade) is chess. I'm no world-class player, but I usually do okay and I enjoy the games, even when I lose. I also enjoy birdwatching. Used to do more camping, but man, that is a lot of work when you get older! LOL.

And for about the past year I've been pretty much addicted to Pokémon - so I guess you could say that was a hobby too. I also paint from time to time (watercolors), I play the harmonica and native flute and read. Do some gardening and enjoy cooking. And am trying my hand at wood-carving (I'm currently sketching designs for a chess set :-) ).

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have various hobbies, but nothing out of the norm. Biking, Camping, Music (Writing, listening, playing), Computers (Fixing, other such stuff), Video games, swimming, and Movies. I love movies. I watch every movie I can, review them, and all that jazz. My two favourite hobbies are Music and Movies.

I play Guitar, Bass, Drums, I'm going to start playing Piano, and maybe try singing for once. I've wrote a couple songs, nothing special though. I'm going to start recording my on album i think. Should be fun.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Making money.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My hobbies are probably reading, playing video games, and collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards (Collect them since 10 years ago and i still like them. I even remember the first card i've ever bought). With reading as my favourite hobby.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm a fan of arts and crafts. I might see an article on how to make something arty on the internet or in a magazine and I might fancy having a go at making it. I've been thinkinjg about selling some of the arty stuff I make but I'll need to make them look a lot more proffessional before I try to sell them to the public masses.

I recently saw an article on how to make a beaded watch strap. My old watch strap snapped because the elastic had frayed. So I got what I needed and made myself a new watch strap successfully. It looks really nice. I've also gotten into knitting. I don't knit with needles though; I knit with a straight loom that I made with my Stepdad's help.

I'm also into creative writing. It's quite nice to do when I've got something interesting to write about. I also play videogames because I like them. I tend to just do what I feel like.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't have any really cool hobbies, I play guitar here and there, I fix computers, I play Magic: the Gathering, I play a few RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons and I write.

I eventually want to learn to ride a horse, I've always thought they were amazing animals and I would love to learn how to take care of one as well.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Well for me...they would be;

1. Playing Video games(mostly PS3)
2. Drawing(not on the computer)
3. Visiting forums like this 1(I'm serious)
4. Expanding my Gre6Network universe(making new series(manga/anime/game) to work on eventually)
5. Laughing at other people's tradegies as a result of sutpidity on TruTV, etc.

That's pretty much my life at the moment in a nutshell...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks for the warning BarnOwl! Sorry,but I think that picture just changed my mind about looking at that.By,the way,how do you put pictures into posts? If you show me how I'll put pictures of my friends (the ones who speak the language of *whinny*)!

Also,I play piano and alto saxophone.I'm not very good,but if you let me work on one or two pieces at a time,I AM BEAST! I also pick at guitar strings sometimes,even though I have no idea how to play.My boyfriend agreed on a "Skill Swap" (Pokemon Jinx! ...I mean Pokemon Jynx!);he would teach me to play guitar and I'd teach him how to play piano.

Magus,I will tell you from experience,riding a horse is easy.Riding a horse properly and doing anything more than walking is not.PM me and I'll tell you some things to think about.Something I will say now is this:if the horse has a bony back and you ride bareback,PREPARE FOR PAIN! I still have "saddle sores" from that! I don't want to discourage you;I wish more peole appreciated horses like I do (and like you seem to).I just find it more comforting to know what I'm about to get myself into.The first time I was around a horse for the purpose of riding,he pulled back when he was tied causing the gate attatched to that particular post to swing and hit him in the rump.Startled,he skittered over,trapping me between the fence and his rear end.I could very easily have been stepped on,and to this day don't tie horses to that pole.But riding and being with horses is awesome.Even if you're a pariah among humans,horses will still love you.They don't care about gender,race,religion,nationality,popularity or anything like that.All they care about is you as a human being and leader in the herd of two.So please don't let my bad experiences keep you from riding.Those who don't ride are missing all the goodness in life! ...or at least most of the goodness!

As for video games,I play Pokemon (Obviously!),Metroid,Scurge,and Spyro.My first video game ever was Spyro the Dragon (PS1).

WOW that was long...my fingers hurt now XD

EDIT:Nevermind,BarnOwl.I think I figured it out...*tries to attach picture*...darn you! Ok,I still can't figure it out...

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmmm . . .

Okay, to add a picture, while you're on the "reply" or "create new thread" screen - where you type your posts, scroll down a little to see the "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below" section. Click the "Browse. . ." button, find the picture you want to upload and double-click the file and it will show in the "Filename" window (the text is light gray & a little hard to see, but it's there - you can verify it by clicking in the window & dragging the cursor to select the text). Next, add a description in the "File comment" section, then click the "Add the file" button. And - voila! You're picture is there (right below the text editing area) - after a few seconds. If you want it to appear in your post like this;

Attachment:
MountainLion-sm.jpg

. . . click the "Place inline" button next to the file name.

I'm not sure about the file size limits, but you will probably want to resize the pictures if they're really huge - maybe 1000x1000 pixels or smaller?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

*tries to add picture*...the file's too big.Give me some time to play with the program,I'll figure out how to resize it eventually.And if I don't,I'll learn it in school.My 2nd class on Wednesdays,Fridays,and every other Monday is IBCA or Introduction to Business Computer Applications.I'll figure it out form there.In the meantime,I'll look for another,smaller picture to post.Thanks BarnOwl!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Usually I'm quite pressed for time, to relax I'll usually take a nap to offset my terrible sleeping patterns. To procrastinate doing things I'm meant to I'll go on youtube, stalk around on Facebook, visit psypoke maybe load up IRC, but I guess when I have rare days off work/uni/other (term breaks or something) I like sitting around my piano and writing up some songs. yeah I am teh lame :O

Lately though me and my mates have bought a few board games and just played them when we're all free (usually replacing heading into town... haha). A lot cheaper than going out and a lot of fun too, even though the premise is kinda lame. I've been thinking I should find more hobbies though because often when I am bored I just end up doing random things such as heading over to the library or just watching TV on my computer. It feels good at the time but after finishing a season I'm always thinking to myself "waste of time much."

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well,at least you have a life.Kinda hard to have fun when the person you've loved for a long time doesn't love you back.But this topic isn't for me to gripe about how stupid that guy is and how much I hate him.

I don't play a lot of board games;I get bored with things too easily.In fact,I've gotten to the point that most of my video games are boring.Pokemon is still good,but the repitition of everything has gotten stale.That's another reason I love hanging with my four-legged buddies;you get all kinds of benefits with them.You get a workout when you groom them,a yoga routine when you ride,and a free psychiatry session everytime you talk to them.Just because they can't talk back doesn't make them stupid.It just makes them great listeners.Unlike a certain boy I know...but again,this topic isn't for me to gripe about that.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have wonderful memories with Chickens. My Father's best friends moved here from Austria (Where they were born) and baught a farm around New Glascow, Nova Scotia. They were not farmers (Architect and Mechanical Engineering Professor) but the people that sold them the farm left them two Chickens.

The two chickens were named Mearow and Meg. I would sit outside on this tire-swing holding Mearow (Meg pecked too much) while Meg would fly up and down a few feet every time the swing came near her.

Anyway, several years later when R/S/E cam out I baught it. When I was looking at the three starters I had to choose from, I saw Torchic. I was rush with nostalgia so obviously I picked Torchic. And from that day forth, I loved Blaziken (hence the username)

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:

Well,at least you have a life.Kinda hard to have fun when the person you've loved for a long time doesn't love you back.But this topic isn't for me to gripe about how stupid that guy is and how much I hate him.

I dont really though. Mostly work + uni + futsal (+homework.. which I should be doing atm). Nothing exciting really happens, whatever days I dont have uni I have work, and don't get weekends off. At the moment everythings just so routine, I feel like I'm just killing time doing things cos I have to. If I go out or whatever its just hours I have to catch up on sleep so I dont like to, but its the year of the 21st for all my mates so I feel obligated to head out.

Im sure if you got you and your friends together go head out for a coffee or something you'd appreciate them a lot more. Having a significant other isnt the only social interaction you should be having. Seems like you're hanging with your boyfriend an awful lot, why not have a girls night out or something?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I like to collect video game related stuff. For example, Pokemon Gameboy stuff. I also collect Megadrive/Genesis games, I have over 80 games (almost 100 if you count CD and 32x games.)

These are pretty much my only hobbies besides the internet.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My hobbies would be (besides the things I can't quite say) are coloring (with crayons preferably, CRAYONS FTW), driving (even though I haven't even gotten my permit just yet... THANK GOD FOR BACK ROADS), and playing in playgrounds designated for children under the age of 10 (and i'm 15)

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Remember when I said that if you give me time to practice something on piano or sax I was beast? Well,high school band is pushing me to the limit! I have to learn Low Rider,Jumpin' Jack Flash,September,Louie Louie,The Star-Spangled Banner,the school Alma Mater,and the school Fight Song...ALL BEFORE THE FOOTBALL GAME NEXT FRIDAY!

Jumpin' Jack Flash is pretty easy,I'm just having trouble with the sixteenth notes.Low Rider is divided by the parts I know like the back of my hand (*looks at hand* hey,that's new!) and the parts I'm clueless about.September I sight-read in class and played almost perfectly.Louie Louie is one I'm still shaky on.The Star-Spangled Banner I'm pretty good at even though I've only played it two or three times.I have the Alma Mater almost memorized.The Fight Song I haven't played yet.

What's worse,this is a MARCHING BAND.That means I have to get used to playing with my music attached to my sax AND I have to learn how to march in time with the rest of the band without losing the beat of the music.

So far,though,I'm doing pretty good.Whoever thinks band people are geeks and idiots is MISTAKEN! I would LOVE to see them do what I do! They wouldn't have any idea what to do.I'd be standing nearby saying,"WHO'S STUPID AND GEEKY NOW?!"

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]