RisingRuby and SettingSapphire 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
ShiningRuby and SparklingSaphire 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Other:Please list 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
there shouldn't be a remake 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 43

____Ruby and ____Sapphire 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What do you think the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be called? i'm thinking RisingRuby and SettingSapphire, and my friend thinks ShiningRuby and SparklingSapphire.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't think they should remake any of the Gen 3's. The remakes for the other two gens were good but I don't think any remakes of these would be any good. It might just be because Gen 3 is my least favorite gen.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

With Nintendo being the evil money hogs that they are, they probably will make Gen III remakes some time after Black & White (or the third installation of Gen V) is released.

I liked Gen III (not as much as Gen I or II, and certainly more than Gen IV), and a remake would be okay in my books. They would need to add a lot to the game to make it stand up to more recent ones, like adding a crap load of additional areas, but it would still be nice if they kept up the pattern (remake a generation after a new one is released).

The only doubt on Gen III remakes is that the GBA games are still compatible with the DS ones, if you can send your Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire to your Gen V game via PalPark or something similar, there might not be enough precedent to make a new version.

Also as for titles, I would like to see something like EarthRuby and OceanSapphire to fit the themes of land vs. sea.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Erupting Ruby and Sunken Sapphire!! but i voted for the first option, and i totally agree with everything Magus said.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They should be named Radiant Ruby, and Shining or Sparkling Sapphire.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Stupid Sapphire and Retarded Ruby, definitely! :)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Volcanic Ruby and Oceanic Sapphire dumb but original I guess sort of

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

they should definately remake Ruby and Sapphire, they were the first pokemon games i played, radiant ruby and shining sapphire sound pretty good, and seriously? nintendo and evil money hog? every company is going to find a way to make money, I hate nintendo, but saying you wont buy a remake because they are evil means you are saying, omg, whole wheat bread is a remake of white bread, (insert bread company) is a evil corporation!, im not buying from it!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

killer555178 wrote:
whole wheat bread is a remake of white bread

FAIL. Whole wheat bread came first. What, you think they had processed white flour in the pre-industrial era? Whole wheat is the natural way that wheat comes.
And sorry, that was a bit off topic, but I couldn't let that slide. Since I did, though, I will post something on-topic to make up for it.

I think that Nintendo will remake these games eventually, but probably not until the DS is replaced by whatever Nintendo's next-gen handheld is. FR and LG were remade for GBA, two hardware generations after the original RBY for the Gameboy. HG and SS were remade for DS, two hardware generations after the original GSC for the Gameboy Color. You see the point.

And as to name, I think Nintendo will surprise us. Who saw Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

JsXtm wrote:
killer555178 wrote:
whole wheat bread is a remake of white bread

FAIL. Whole wheat bread came first. What, you think they had processed white flour in the pre-industrial era? Whole wheat is the natural way that wheat comes.

lol sorry i did not know whole wheat bread came first, next time i will use a better simile, anyway the only reason is i want them to remake ruby and sapphire is because I really cant stand the graphics of ruby and sapphire, i have to take a break and like look at HGSS so my eyes dont die.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It would also be cool if they made a remake of Pokemon Yellow for this gen too, along with __Ruby and __Sapphire : ) ElectricYellow! I could use another trip to kanto : D

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Stupid Sapphire and Retarded Ruby, definitely! :)

Lol, this comment made my day.

Anyway, although they probably will remake Ruby and Sapphire, they shouldn't. They sucked and Emerald wasn't much better.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire, I think.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

killer555178 wrote:
and seriously? nintendo and evil money hog? every company is going to find a way to make money, I hate nintendo, but saying you wont buy a remake because they are evil means you are saying, omg, whole wheat bread is a remake of white bread, (insert bread company) is a evil corporation!, im not buying from it!

lol wut?

I don't think anyone said they wouldn't buy a remake of Ruby and Sapphire (except the people in the poll, but as we all know people who vote in a poll don't have any real opinion :p ). By "Evil money hog" I meant that Nintendo is going to keep making as many installations to the series as possible because they know that everyone will still buy it. Either way, everyone is an evil money hog, I'm an evil money hog, I make money from work so I can spend it on buy the stuff produced by evil money hog company. It's sort of how the economy works. :p

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

At first, I didn't want them to remake R/S, but now that I think about it, they might be able to make it good.

MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire Sounds reasonable, but who knows what nintendo and Gamefreak will pull out of their ass.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think that Ruby and Sapphire really need remakes, but well, who knows.
If they really did, it could be Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:16 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ridiculous Ruby and Silly Sapphire IMO.

And then they could remake Emerald and name it Egregious Emerald!!

These are good things.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FTW!They were already good, and they wold ruin them just like Johto!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
smallFly9 wrote:
It would also be cool if they made a remake of Pokemon Yellow for this gen too, along with __Ruby and __Sapphire : ) ElectricYellow! I could use another trip to kanto : D

*sigh*That would be a remake of a remake.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Edoc'sil wrote:
smallFly9 wrote:

Yes, yes it would. Your point?

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I doubt there will be another visit to Kanto for a while. Also, if they were to make a remake of Yellow, why didn't they remake it when they released FireRed and LeafGreen? There just seems to be no precedent for it at the time.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

smallFly9 wrote:
Edoc'sil wrote:
smallFly9 wrote:

Yes, yes it would. Your point?

It's redundant and they don't do that.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would love a remake of Gen III (it was my favorite gen) but the problem I see with nintendo remaking a gen every time a new one comes out is that it will eventually catch up to them by the current pattern. Gen IV would be remade during Gen VI and Gen V with Gen VII so it would be horrid for this pattern to continue. They'd eventually catch up to themselves.

P.S notice any redundancies.... That's right I pulled a nintendo

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm guessing SunRuby and RainSapphire or DroughtRuby and DrizzleSapphire.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well of course they're gonna remake them, it's just a matter of when.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next