It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Nintendo DS sleep mode problem 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, for the last few days, I've been playing on my DS, and noticed that everytime I put it into sleep mode, the LED rapidly flashes (when I'm not on a Wi-Fi service) and makes short, cut-off noises from the music in the game. So, uh, does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Additionally, when I put my DS into sleep mode, the screens flash white.

(also post 500)

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:37 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not totally sure about the LED thing, but I'm pretty sure that all DS's screens turn white when they are in sleep mode. And the music cuts off. Well, mine does. I'm not sure about everyone else's...

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:59 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

if it didn't cut off the music and stop the images, then it wouldn't actually go to sleep... tho mine doesn't become white, it just stops displaying images. oh, and the LED is supposed to flash (but if it's really rapid, that's not normal). hope this helps!!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:39 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I meant that when my DS is in sleep mode, both screens rapidly flash white (before it started doing this, it just stayed black, as normal). And about the music problem, for example, if I was running Pokemon Heartgold and left the DS in sleep mode while I was inside the Pokemon center, I would hear short parts of the Pokemon Center theme every now and then.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:53 pm
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

The DS activates sleep mode when the device is closed sufficiently far enough. There's a sensor in the spring and hinge that tells it this. Sounds like something is obstructing this sensor.

Unfortunately, being a Nintendo product, the DS is built out of Adamantium, so you can't really get inside this hinge to clean it out and make sure everything's still lined up correctly without voiding the warranty.

If your DS has gotten really dirty, wet, or been dropped prior to the problem occurring, this is almost certainly the cause of it.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:51 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jigglypuff wrote:
The DS activates sleep mode when the device is closed sufficiently far enough. There's a sensor in the spring and hinge that tells it this. Sounds like something is obstructing this sensor.

Unfortunately, being a Nintendo product, the DS is built out of Adamantium, so you can't really get inside this hinge to clean it out and make sure everything's still lined up correctly without voiding the warranty.

If your DS has gotten really dirty, wet, or been dropped prior to the problem occurring, this is almost certainly the cause of it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that I've dropped it a few times recently. So I suppose there isn't much I could do about this problem?

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 am
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

I'd take a screwdriver and a can of compressed air to it myself. Of course, if you're concerned about voiding the warranty, or aren't good with fiddling with electronics, this obviously isn't an option, and leaves you rather screwed short of "Buy a DSi XL or 3DS when it comes out."

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:10 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jigglypuff wrote:
I'd take a screwdriver and a can of compressed air to it myself. Of course, if you're concerned about voiding the warranty, or aren't good with fiddling with electronics, this obviously isn't an option, and leaves you rather screwed short of "Buy a DSi XL or 3DS when it comes out."

Hmm... well, I'm not very good with electronics, and I just bought the DS about three months ago. This sensor problem doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay, so I'll leave it as is. Thanks for the reply.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:39 am
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]