It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Only Isshu Pokemon? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

On August 4th, there was an update on Psypoke's main site. The update basically said that ONLY Isshu region Pokemon can be obtained until you earn the National Dex.

Personally I am up in arms about this Idea. It could actually turn out to be alright. That is, if the Isshu pokemon are decent and there is a good variety of pokemon types.

What are your thoughts on only being able to catch Isshu Pokemon in the beginning? Are you going to miss being able to catch some of your favorite pokemon? Are you going to miss all of the Zubat and Magikarp? Or will you be glade to go through the pre-National Dex part of the game with all new pokemon?

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

personally, i think it'll be a good thing. this will force us to actually try some of the new pokemon, instead of just saying "oh but (insert Gen one or two pokemon name here) was so much better." and we'll still be able to catch some of our favorite pokemon, just not until later in the game. will i miss magikarp??? the answer:

:censored: NO

but zubat, yes. well, maybe. probably not.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I love seeing all the old Pokémon interacting with all the new ones, but on the other hand, this gives me hope that they might put a good fire type towards the beginning this time.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Maybe it is to encourage people to make new battle strategies with the new Isshu pokemon instead of using old battle strategies.

Who's that Pokemon? {shuckle}
It's Ditto!
Who's that Pokemon? {charizard}

Let me guess, Ditto.

No, it's Charizard!

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

actually, it's to make it feel like "it's everyone's first time playing pokemon- ever!" basically, it's so that even older fans can get a great new experience. which seems like a cool idea to me.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
personally, i think it'll be a good thing. this will force us to actually try some of the new pokemon, instead of just saying "oh but (insert Gen one or two pokemon name here) was so much better."

I wholly agree with this. It does get kind of annoying in my opinion seeing people use the same pokemon over and over again. Sure it might be a great pokemon but there are probably a lot of other great pokemon that people over look because of ole time favorites. This way we will be able to experiance new pokemon and see how they stack up against our favorites.

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I love seeing all the old Pokémon interacting with all the new ones, but on the other hand, this gives me hope that they might put a good fire type towards the beginning this time.

I hope we will get some strong pokemon early on too. Especially Fire and Electric.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I tried using all SInnoh pokemon in Gen 4, and I hated it. But this looks promising...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah i do that with every new game for the generation
so if that supposed luvdisc looking thing an actual luvdisc evolution
will that mean it would be available after the national dex or will luvdisc be included

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

it probably means it's not a luvdisc evo, or it's available after the national dex, i think.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
it probably means it's not a luvdisc evo, or it's available after the national dex, i think.

YES. And on that topic about it being an evo everyone else said i was wrong. unless it is after the national dex, WHICH WOULD BE STUPID. if you gonna have a game with all new pokemon, why make more evolutions for old pokemon?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Maybe there will be an area trainers can travel to after they get the National Dex. Like DPP had that battle island thing.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think its really cool how they want to start everything all over like that. It's so hard to play Red and Blue after playing the newer games, so I guess it would be a lot of fun if it were like starting Red and Blue all over again, huh? It might be weird not knowing what any of the POkemon are though.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah I think it will be nice to have a "fresh start" in a sense. Especially for the people that were too young to play R/B/Y. Or for people that just want to relive the experiance in a new world with new pokemon.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
rex09 wrote:

YES. And on that topic about it being an evo everyone else said i was wrong. unless it is after the national dex, WHICH WOULD BE STUPID. if you gonna have a game with all new pokemon, why make more evolutions for old pokemon?

Well, that's how they did it in Diamond/Pearl. Any Gen IV evolution of a non-Sinnoh Dex Pokémon wasn't made available in the game until getting the National Dex.

And then of course Platinum changed that by shoving them and all their pre-evolutions into the Sinnoh Dex, but still.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This is sweet. A complete pokedex where all the developers time went into making completely NEW pokemon and not a pokedex that was fifty percent new pokemon and fifty percent new evos/prevos for previous pokemon.

That said, I do think there will be a few new evos for previous pokemon. I could give you the complete thougtht process behind this thinking, but it would be to confusing so here's the point form:

-Getting new evos with each Gen is sort of expect casue there are a few pokemon that people think that need or should evolve.
- New evos keep old favotites around and keep them "fresh".
- Since the Isshu region is seperated from the past 4 Gens locations, as in nature, new species to an area that is not their natural habbitat have to adapt by developing new characteristics. It the same with pokemon. New area+ old pokemon= new evos for old pokemon.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think it will be pretty cool, that way we won't all be running into countless geodudes and zubats as per usual.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I am curios to see what Pokemon will dominate the caves in Gen V.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:

- Since the Isshu region is seperated from the past 4 Gens locations, as in nature, new species to an area that is not their natural habbitat have to adapt by developing new characteristics. It the same with pokemon. New area+ old pokemon= new evos for old pokemon.

It is not close to them so why would there be old pokemon there? I don't think that this dream world thing will be that great, and that IT WILL F*** EVERYTHING UP.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Dream world looked pretty bad to me too. But I guess I won't know until I try it.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
GofD wrote:

It is not close to them so why would there be old pokemon there? I don't think that this dream world thing will be that great, and that IT WILL F*** EVERYTHING UP.

guess what?? nobody's gonna make you use it. just saying....
on the caves thing: whatever pops up in the caves will undoubtedly become as hated as zubat. which is a really sad thing, imo.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
GofD wrote:

There will be old pokemon if you transfer them over from Gen 4. So if we transfer old pokemon to this new region, they will have to adapt which means that there will possibly be new evos. And yes, i probably sound real nerdy.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When I take the news, I have mixed feelings about this. The GOOD part is, I expect Gen 5 to feature more Pokemon than ever to make up for the loss of previous generation PMs. It could be a fresh start for anyone who's thinking that Pokemon is really too repeatative.
But on the other hand, the BAD part is that it could probably means there'll be no pre-evos & evos of past PM - one of my favorite parts about Pokemon! You could say that I'm more excited about new evos of old PMs than completely new PMs!
In conclusion, we know that every new update in Gen 5 could bring a revolution in Pokemon history, & each of them have something good & bad about them.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

on the caves thing: whatever pops up in the caves will undoubtedly become as hated as zubat. which is a really sad thing, imo.

Yeah that is a sad thing. Just because a pokemon is common dosen't mean we should hate it. But I admit it would be nice if they had a bit more variety in caves.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that sucks that theyres only isshu pokemon till the nat dex

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fifaking wrote:
that sucks that theyres only isshu pokemon till the nat dex

WHAAAA!? I think it's awesome. i don't care if the pokemon suck, its still nice to not see some old faces for a while.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next