It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Animation and Anime Movies You Love/Recommend 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I really want to watch more animation movies, so I thought about opening this topic.

Let's share both anime and animation movies we like a lot and also recommend.

Here's what I have. For now.

Watership Down - I haven't read the book. In fact, I don't even think the book was released in my country. However, I watched the movie, and I simply adored it. I love the voice-acting, and I love every single character, even the terrible Owsla of the Efrafan clan. My favorites are the neurotic Fiver and Blackavar, even though he had a rather short appearance. I also fell in love with the whole, mythological, cultural background of the story.

Summer Wars - The only reasons I enjoy this movie are the colorful sceneries and characters, and the action/martial arts scenes. The plot isn't good (it really feels like you're watching Digimon the First Movie, except ten times sillier) and there are many, many silly, "this gotta be a joke" scenes. I can only say one thing: KOI KOI

Tokyo Godfathers - What's NOT to love about Tokyo Godfathers? Seriously, the plot is great and the movie just... flows so well you don't want it to end. There isn't one single boring part, and the characters are all charming, in their own, messed-up, comical way. The animation and style are smooth and realistic, but what really captures your attention are the three main characters: a runaway, rebellious girl, an alcoholic vagabond, and a dramatic drag queen.

The Triplets of Belleville - Simply one of the best movies I've ever watched. I simply love the drawing style on this one; instead of going for the average-looking people, the artists decided to go for a more caricature style, so all the characters have really exageratted features. I also love how they treated such a serious matter in a very comical, entertaining way, and how they ironize so many aspects of our history and culture.

The Land Before Time - I'm pretty sure most of us have already watched this movie, but I feel like recommending it, not only due to the fact that it's a classic, but also because of the beautiful scenery and soundtrack, the charming characters, the attractive plot, and, of course, DINOSAURS. Littlefoot and his friends have a special place in my heart. Note: sequels not included in this review.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Oh, my God, I love this movie so much. Not only the plot, which is so comically disturbed, but mostly how the world of cartoons interact with the real world in so many aspects. There's murder, heavy drinking, smoking, implied sexuality, but everything is so funny it's impossible not to enjoy. Also, you get to see Bugs Bunny AND Mickey Mouse together!

Felidae - I DON'T recommend this movie to anyone UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In fact, I don't think you should even consider watching it if you're a minor. I mean, I'm above 20 years old, and this movie still disturbed me. But I enjoy movies that make me feel anxious or distressed. There's some serious mind**** in this one, but if you want to feel like dying inside after thinking about it over and over and over, then this is the movie for you.

What you guys got?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Watership down was a sad movie, i remember watching it as a child...The land before time is beautiful :3 i remember watching that as a child too. Who framed roger rabbit is a really good movie and i reccomend it too. And that Felidae...oh god...i just read the plot on wikipedia and seriously, i daren't watch it because it sounds so bad.

I'd reccomend Spirited away, yes, i know probably THE most popular anime movie but it is really really good for those who haven't seen it yet.
Another is FFVII Advent Children~ Serious action and good plot.
I can't really say i watch a lot but i'll edit the post if i see anything good.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm gonna recommend The Girl Who Leapt through Time. It's been around for a few years, but it's kind of underrated in my opinion. It's a really sweet movie; brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Anything by Miyazaki. But most notably: Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

daughter-of-Myou wrote:
I'm gonna recommend The Girl Who Leapt through Time. It's been around for a few years, but it's kind of underrated in my opinion. It's a really sweet movie; brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it.

Just what I was about to say! That film is fantastic!
Land Before Time is one of my all time favourite childhood movies and will always be held in a special place in heart.
The Iron Giant is another great film that doesn't seem very well remembered, which is a shame.

Yeah, pretty much anything by Miyazaki.

xox

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spirited Away. My favorite anime movie by far.

sad but rad

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]