It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 What do you think the theme of the new games will be? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If that creepy green haired guy was the leader I think he would have an outfit at least somewhat similar to the rest of team plasma

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ITS AN IDEA. i can't see the future, or work for Gamefreak. He just looks villainous and all that.. anyways, how can you tell he's not wearing an outfit? all you can see is his head and that crown thing. It just makes sense to me.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
how can you tell he's not wearing an outfit?

Because there's Sugimori art of him. But that's not the point. Giovanni never wore a "Team Rocket" outfit with a big fat R on the back. He was always in suave suits, not at all like his minions.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hm, true.
The minions, or 'knights' in this installment, are just followers who are fanatics.
And what outfit the 'brains of the outfit' wears is completely dependent on his/her leading style.
Has anyone read Deathnote? Remember Light and L? Yeah.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The medieval theme doesn't make sense to me for a crime syndicate...
However, I think the message will be "GO GREEN" this time. Too many companies are doing it for it to be ignored here.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think that would be an excellent message to send to kids, if you can get that across in a game where you pit animals against one another. I would be impressed if they got the point across effectively.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, its already mentioned the balance of human advancement and nature, so I think that it definitely will be in the games, but like you say, whether it is portrayed effectively is another matter. I remember when I first played Gold, I had no clue what the storyline was. To me it was just "Typhlosion Flamethrower... Not very effective? AGAIN!" Until you killed all the baddies and Gym Leaders/Red

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Was are any real morals to these games anyway other than friendship with hearts and rainbows? Then turning around and clawing the face off an opponent...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I suppose, but Team Galactic had a pretty scary motive. so that kind of spruced it up a bit. but yes. hearts and rainbows are really all we get when we beat the game. until we turn around and claw someones face off

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They all end up playing off as cartoony, though.
Even the awesome Team Rocket, the most criminal of the bunch, was just unrealistically fluffy.
Y'know?
Mainly because the grunts were so laughably weak.
I believe that if they gave the followers some decent Pokes, and spiced up the choices a bit, they'd feel more evil. That's an odd theory, I know.

Honestly, I think Galactic was a step in the right direction.
There were some definitively evil Pokemon used by the Admins (can't remember their titles)..
but there was still crap for the grunts (Wurmple's family, really?).

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:

I believe that if they gave the followers some decent Pokes, and spiced up the choices a bit, they'd feel more evil. That's an odd theory, I know.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness had some pretty good grunts with decent Pokemon. (That you usually stole from.) In my opinion, they were more challenging to defeat. (Either that, or there were no real places to train)

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GollyGreg wrote:
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness had some pretty good grunts with decent Pokemon. (That you usually stole from.) In my opinion, they were more challenging to defeat. (Either that, or there were no real places to train)

Both, I think.

And yes, this exactly.
So what, {teddiursa} is a cutie pie? It evolves into a flippin BEAR! THAT KILLS THINGS' FACES OFF!
I think it makes perfect sense for an evil person to use one.
This is just an example. But y'know?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
So what, is a cutie pie? It evolves into a flippin BEAR! THAT KILLS THINGS' FACES OFF!

Lol, I think we just can't get away from the fact that these games are about pitting violent animals against each other in an arena with sometimes thousands of people watching. Mind you these are 10 year olds. And we think it's entertaining. :P

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dan Roswald wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
So what, is a cutie pie? It evolves into a flippin BEAR! THAT KILLS THINGS' FACES OFF!

Lol, I think we just can't get away from the fact that these games are about pitting violent animals against each other in an arena with sometimes thousands of people watching. Mind you these are 10 year olds. And we think it's entertaining. :P

so the theme is supposed to be co-existing with nature is good, but we it's actually more like use and abuse nature for your own entertainment (if there was a theme to begin with). nice one, nintendo. i wanna see a game where pokemon own the trainers now.... lol

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Dan Roswald wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

so the theme is supposed to be co-existing with nature is good, but we it's actually more like use and abuse nature for your own entertainment (if there was a theme to begin with). nice one, nintendo. i wanna see a game where pokemon own the trainers now.... lol

That would be awesome. A pikachu owning someone "PIKAAAA!" "I DONT KNOW WHAT THE F*** YOUR SAYING!?" "CHUUUU" "OH MY GOD. I QUIT." we would probably just have knife fights and shoot outs.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh pshaw you guys are digging into it too much.

We battle Pokemon, they faint, we heal them with free health care, and we go out and battle them again.
Most of the Pokemon actually enjoy it, the more the trainer makes them fight the more they love you.
That's not at all how the real world works, but it's fun. It's what kids like to do.

The Pokemon franchise has already been built upon with the understanding that you catch animals and battle with them,
so now they're trying to use this titanic force that children EAT UP to convey good messages that ARE applicable in the real world.
No, kids, you can't catch a fire-newt and make it torch mushroom-crabs so it will turn into a dragon,
but you CAN recycle your waste, and not be evil.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
No, kids, you can't catch a fire-newt and make it torch mushroom-crabs so it will turn into a dragon,
but you CAN recycle your waste, and not be evil.

Lol. XD

Nah, but it all seriousness here's what I think. I mentioned it in the main B/W thread.

Dan Roswald wrote:
I just realized something kinda unrelated to what ^you guys^ are discussing.

All of the old regions were based off Japan (roughly). The new region is suppose to be part of China (supposedly).
The message seems to be leaning towards leadership, control and going green.

Is Japan trying to tell China something?

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Murder she wrote:
and in the spring where there is rain and fog, there will be bouncy flowers that you can bounce off of, and waterfall slides that you can go down but its one way, like ledges. and certain parts of this huge region are season exclusive, meaning you cant go to all the region in one season. for all those people who complain that after they fill the pokedex and beat the elite four, they have nothing to do, now they can explore the rest of this HUGE region (optional, of course :D )

This is getting weird. I think pokemon is watching this forum.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7