It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Oh How Things Change 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not usually one to look back, mostly because me in the past kinda scares me, but when I look back just a little bit, far enough to notice a major difference, I feel kinda good. It's been about 2 years since I've begun thinking of myself as a guy and a lot has changed.

Click here to see the difference.

What has changed for you guys in the past couple years? Do you like the change? Do you hope to have anything else change in the coming year?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, let's see... I used to be completely shy and never spoke to anyone. However, I've really come out of my shell these past couple of years. I've gained enough confidence that I can randomly introduce myself to people, and I actually have trouble shutting up. I also used to be really negative and complained often. But I realized that no one likes that, so I pulled a 360; I rarely complain, and at the end of the day, when everyone is shutting down, I force myself to smile and be energetic.
Yeah, looking back can be kind of scary.

I like the you on the right the best. :) Nice hat.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha, I used to be kinda shy too. Now I seem to be able to give almost strangers hugs. :) I'm easier getting to know people if I'm in a group with a person or two I already know.

Lol, thanks, the girls seem to like me too. ;) The hat's new, I actually took a picture for my girlfriend to see.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I can't really think of anything to say about myself. I haven't changed much physically OR mentally since high school; I still consider myself a loner. I guess I've opened up a bit to my co-workers; normally I'm shy and don't say anything when people are around, but once I get to know those people, I start acting like myself. I don't even look much older, I still look 16-17 according to the cashiers when I try to buy alcohol. I don't really talk about this in public much, but I feel the same way as you do. I never fit in with the same gender at school and wanted to live my life as the opposite gender, but I wouldn't want to go through hormone therapy/changing my life entirely due to fear of being rejected by the people who actually know me and care about me. I've actually pretended to be the opposite gender dozons of times online, only because it's so much easier to do.

So yeah, just like 8 years ago, I find myself practically living on my computer in a virtual world, as opposed to going out and doing something with my life in the real world. I just don't think I'm smart/pretty/cool enough to actually be someone outside the internet.

By the way, I like your second picture, you look better as a boy. ;)

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aww, nonsecne! D: Everybody has their crowd. I was just lucky and found mine before high school. (I have the same friends I had back in 2nd grade when I moved to town. Great bunch of girls! :) ) Maybe you should meet up with some people online.

(Thank you, I think so too! :P )

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Oh, I have, and they're some of the great people I've ever met. I talk to most of them daily....and felt honored that I got to meet them in real life. They're all members on this forum, too. Even though I don't get to see or talk to them in real life much I definitely consider them the best friends I've ever had.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First off I would like to say this to you Dan. I greatly admire your courage to be who you are openly like that. I say you look great in both pictures, and I want that hat.

Secondly a lot has changed for me in the past few years. One of the bigger things is the move from me being in high school and living with my mom, to me moving back to my hometown to live with my dad while I attend my first few years of college. It has definitely been a huge transition for me. There are two totally different rules that my parents enforce while living in their house. Saying goodbye to one of my friends that has helped me most develop and become who I am today was hard, but now I am back with my hometown friends that know me too so it isn't that bad.

Another huge change for me was me moving up and out of my church youth group. They are a tight nit family that accepts everyone for who and what they are without any judgement. They were always my fallback when I needed a pick me up or a group of people that I needed to do something fun with. I will still see them on a regular basis, but I cannot possibly be one of them as a youth anymore. I am now a graduate of high school, I know have to take up the mantle as a leader to them and a chaperon on trips and other things. That is definitely a huge change in my life.

Another change is the bonding between me and my old youth leader. We have really hit the change of youth director and youth, to that as friends. With that change I have learned things about him, that I haven't done so before. So that is a change that I have to get used to is beings friends with someone whom I saw as an authority figure.

Lastly and possibly the biggest change is the acceptance of things about myself. I have grown to be someone I didn't think I would be. So I have had to accept that about myself and be open about, though it has only been to a few people exclusively. Though I am not completely open about it to everyone I know I have accepted it and can move on and grow. I don't know when I am going to tell my family, basically because I don't know how they will take it, but I know it has to be done.

So that is basically all the big changes in my life from the past few years. Overall I really like the changes.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have a of friends, but I'm slowly growing apart from them. I think it's because the group is too big. I'm between friends, too. You've got the "cool" friends, and the outcasts. I have a crush on a girl with the cool kids, but I'm not like them. I don't think like them. I'm more of a nerd, with my select group of friends. But, as I said, I'm growing apart from them. *Sigh*

Also, my choice of pokemon has changed. I used to be a mixed type trainer, but now I've focused on Steel and Water types. I like that Steel types are more defensive, and that water types have great moves. thats all that changes. And Dan, you should get a fedora. They're awsome!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
and I want that hat.

Everyone does. :P And it sounds like you've been going through a lot, I hope things settle down for you so you can get some peace and quiet and have some fun. :)

Steel_Eel wrote:
Dan, you should get a fedora. They're awsome!

But that is a Fadora... D:
Anyway, you should try hanging out with the girl, just here, see if you like her before you get too head-over-heals for her.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dan Roswald wrote:
And it sounds like you've been going through a lot, I hope things settle down for you so you can get some peace and quiet and have some fun. :)

Thanks Dan I really needed words like that. For the most part things have settled down for me. I just need a halfway decent time to drop the huge bombshell that only a few people know to everyone.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
Thanks Dan I really needed words like that. For the most part things have settled down for me. I just need a halfway decent time to drop the huge bombshell that only a few people know to everyone.

Do we have the honor of hearing what tat may be?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I guess the more people I tell the easier it will be for the rest of my people. I am bisexual.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

:) Cool. I don't know what you're family's like, but I think that's probably one of the more easy things to have to tell them.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks Dan. My family is kind of cool with stuff like that. But you never know until you tell them. My friend told me I have come to the point in my life where I include who I want and tell this to who I want.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well then you should be just fine. :) And you're friend's right, you can tell whoever you want and not tell whoever else.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dan Roswald wrote:

Steel_Eel wrote:
Dan, you should get a fedora. They're awsome!

But that is a Fadora... D:

No, I mean the Indiana Jones type fedora. I have one.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. And Shinashu, 3 of my friends are bisexual. Most people will be cool with it, unless they're really homophobic. You'll be fine.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thabks guys. Y'all have eased my fears a bit. I do plan to tell my family in the near future but I'm not ready for that plunge. I am going to tell more of my closer friends.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good plan, it's all about baby steps. ^^

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dan Roswald wrote:
Good plan, it's all about baby steps. ^^

That is exactly what my old youth director when I told him about it. We were actually on a church retreat when I told him and some others in my old youth group. The way they took it and accepted it as if nothing changed was so relieving.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

And they shouldn't treat you differently because of it. :) The only reason you should be treated differently is to have both the guys AND the girls fawning over you. ;P

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ha I second that ^^. I am getting pretty fabulous so that could be a possibility in the future.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's always a good thing, my friend. :D

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just don't go out of control Shinashu. Man... I should really get in touch wish my bi friends...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I stopped liking women about two years ago. O:<

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@DatVu - You're missing out! :P

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next