It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 

Do you like what you see with the Nintendo 3DS?!
Something to look forward to... 81%  81%  [ 22 ]
Something that should be buried forever... 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Don't Care... 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

whoops, sorry. guess i read that message wrong.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steelbound wrote:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is comeing out on the 3DS so i am GETING IT!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit worried now, there's no chance it could catch up to the previous assasins creed games...it was pushing it on PSP but a DS..Man, i hope this 3DS can cope.
But i've heard the 3DS is just about as powerful as the PSP...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Steelbound wrote:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is comeing out on the 3DS so i am GETING IT!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit worried now, there's no chance it could catch up to the previous assasins creed games...it was pushing it on PSP but a DS..Man, i hope this 3DS can cope.

if it's as powerful as PSP.... pure epicness. really, that would be something. plus, it's in 3D!!! you know what this means, right?? Nintendo will ride the wave of cash for a few months, then get toppled when someone else bests it.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
Steelbound wrote:

if it's as powerful as PSP.... pure epicness. really, that would be something. plus, it's in 3D!!! you know what this means, right?? Nintendo will ride the wave of cash for a few months, then get toppled when someone else bests it.

Most probably. And PSP aren't going to have 3D YET because Playstation are focusing on PS3 on having 3D first. (I read)

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

aha.... more reason to get a PS3 :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:04 pm
Based on what I've seen the 3DS is the definition of "Lets put everything we can into one system... MWAHAHAHA!"

Two outer cameras? Who needs that? Having one outer one and one inner one seems a little excessive.
No GBA slot again...
The 360 degree doo-hicky-majigger seems like a nice idea.

Overall, it's the child of the DSi, and I wasn't much of a fan of the DSi.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Messor wrote:
Based on what I've seen the 3DS is the definition of "Lets put everything we can into one system... MWAHAHAHA!"

Two outer cameras? Who needs that? Having one outer one and one inner one seems a little excessive.
No GBA slot again...
The 360 degree doo-hicky-majigger seems like a nice idea.

Overall, it's the child of the DSi, and I wasn't much of a fan of the DSi.

The two outter cameras are NEEDED for you to be able to take 3D pictures on the 3DS.
And the inner one on the DSi was needed for face tracking software on certain games and also for video calling (like featured in Pokemon Black and White)
Nintendo ditched the GBA games, cartridges, slots etc when creating the DSi. And also i'd call it the father of the DSi and not the child because it is much greater than the DSi, mainly due to the fact of the whole new game range it will have and the capabilities it will have that the DSi wont.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Darkrai-follower wrote:
The two outter cameras are NEEDED for you to be able to take 3D pictures on the 3DS.
And the inner one on the DSi was needed for face tracking software on certain games and also for video calling (like featured in Pokemon Black and White)
Nintendo ditched the GBA games, cartridges, slots etc when creating the DSi. And also i'd call it the father of the DSi and not the child because it is much greater than the DSi, mainly due to the fact of the whole new game range it will have and the capabilities it will have that the DSi wont.

Thanks for mentioning this as I didn't want to plus I don't know that much about the DSi so I decided not to intervene(?)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i typed more in first time and then went back a page by accident ;__ ; So i ended up typing the whole thing twice...
And yeah, i dont know a great deal about the DSi but i know enough that it shouldnt be classed greater than teh 3DS.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah if anything...no matter how good or bad the 3DS does I know 1 thing for certain...that everyone of it's features are going to have a very good reason for being there no matter how anyone looks at it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, definatly. It could be one of nintendos best (definatly the most historical) console they have made. It should be hard to point out flaws.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

no, it'll only be great if the 3D works and doesn't cause mass seizures ({porygon} anyone?? great pokemon, bad episode....) or hurt everyone's eyes. if the 3D is an epic fail, then so will the 3DS. just saying.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You're being awfully pessimistic about this.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Nah, he's entitled to an opinion.
But yeah, it will fail if it hurts peoples eyes (the 3D in cinema hurt my eyes but that may heve been to the fact i had my own glasses on underneath and the 3D glasses weren't on as far as they should be...idk)
But, the 3D can be turned down (which should reduce the effect) or it can be turned fully off (I KNOW...it defies the point of the 3DS.)
You do actually have a good point about that, though.
Then again, it could just be a 'let your eyes get used to playing it' thing?

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well yeah, we'd have to wait and see if the ability to turn the 3-D down would make a difference. That's something the Virtual Boy didn't have.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Well yeah, we'd have to wait and see if the ability to turn the 3-D down would make a difference. That's something the Virtual Boy didn't have.

Yeah, if it doesnt then there's always the option to turn it off. But i supppose if it hurt peoples eyes it wouldnt affect the majority because otherwise they wouldn't market it right? (They DO test before they stick it on sale i assume.)

And personally, i'm not very familiar with the VB myself but maybe the technology with it wasn't capable of changing the depth...

And i don't know for certain if changing the depth would decrease the 'strain?' on your eyes, it was just a thought.
AND...My parents said they'd give me the £20 deposit to take into my local GAME store to place a deposit on the 3DS next week...Wooooo!!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:

looking back on it, it could've been worded better. it was just a thought i had.
i forgot that you could turn down the 3D!! *facepalms* so it pretty much invalidates my point...
what i really want from the 3DS is good games. they're few and far between for the DS. and the Wii. and the GBA had that problem. if they have more lame games, i'm gonna be upset that i spent another hundred and little bit just to play three pokemon games and one other game. really. (okay,maybe a bit of an exaggeration... but once you beat layton, it gets boring!! tho it's a really good puzzle series)

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, thats a really good point. There should be much better games for the 3DS...not a lot of the DS range appealed to me to be honest. New super mario bros. Mario kart Ds...Pokemon...I can't think of many others.
The GBA problem with games wasnt as bad as the DS because i can name a good few games that i think would be pretty good in the DS range and were for GBA. (Prince of persia, crouching tiger hidden dragon, Spiderman) And quite a lot more.
I really hope that they (Nintendo) try to appeal to a older audience aswell as children. Thats basically all they seem to be doing. Children and families (they say).
TEENAGERS man....teenagers...

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

looking back on it, it could've been worded better. it was just a thought i had.
i forgot that you could turn down the 3D!! *facepalms* so it pretty much invalidates my point...
what i really want from the 3DS is good games. they're few and far between for the DS. and the Wii. and the GBA had that problem. if they have more lame games, i'm gonna be upset that i spent another hundred and little bit just to play three pokemon games and one other game. really. (okay,maybe a bit of an exaggeration... but once you beat layton, it gets boring!! tho it's a really good puzzle series)

Well, it is kinda grating to see stand-out games on the shelf like Pokémon or Mario Kart DS being crowded out by all these hundreds of misc. games and licensed movie/TV show games.

And then you go to say, an Xbox 360 shelf and you see nothing but all the popular and notable 360 games.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Well, it is kinda grating to see stand-out games on the shelf like Pokémon or Mario Kart DS being crowded out by all these hundreds of misc. games and licensed movie/TV show games.

And then you go to say, an Xbox 360 shelf and you see nothing but all the popular and notable 360 games.

THIS
there's so many :censored: games out there for DS and Wii, but so many better-looking ones for PS3 and Xbox 360. I mean, really, do they just have guys who sit in a room making up stupid-ass games for nintendo?? or are their beta-testers just 3 year olds?? personally, i wouldn't mind less games as long as they were good quality. Not to say that PS3 and Xbox don't have crappy games, but they're more few and far between than the multitude that nintendo has....
But based off of the list of current confirmed 3DS games, that shouldn't really be an issue... *gets down on the ground and prays* jk

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Exactly the same in ANY gamestore i visit. PS3 and xbox games (and even PSP) are all on shalves that only have one on so none can be put behind and basically, all god games are shown and then others are stacked below.(Basically, all games front covers are visible~just one of each title) But DS...dayumn...its just game after game (only spine is visible). It's as if they are just aiming for numbers. i've only ever looked at a DS game and though 'this looks interesting' twoce...KH 358/2 days (or whatever) and pokemon SERIES games.

Hope you could understand that. i couldnt phrase it well.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think they should have just skipped the DSi and gone straight to the 3DS. I have a lite and a DSi, I am NOT getting the 3DS, even if the graphics will be up to par with the Play Stations and Xboxes. Even if regular DS games become obsolete because of it, I still have plenty of other games. I survived when GameBoy Color games were no longer made for at least 2 years before I got my SP. I survived without a Wii or GameCube until 2 years ago. When updated versions of the original Game Boy came out, did everyone jump for the Pocket, Lite, and whatever else there was before the Color? Usually not, just get one Game Boy and maybe a Color. The 3DS is really the fifth DS (including DSi XL), and I don't know anybody who would have 3 or more DS systems, accept for my friend who seems to have DS systems that break after a year, and might be getting her fourth soon, but that's beside the point. It's not as 'amazing' an upgrade of the DS as it was B&W to Color, in my opinion. Nothing is 3D unless it is really three-dimensional, not only in appearance. I liked it better when Nintendo had a new system every few years not every year or less.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can agree with that first bit you were saying about skipping the DSi...they really should have.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I believe that after they finally release the 3DS that they will wait quite a bit longer to release a newer 3DS system then they did with the DS & pretty much every other Handheld Nintendo system ever released...

& to wonder...glad to have figured out who you were there WirelessBrain, does that name work better for you?...

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope they will wait quite a bit longer, DS-DSLite-DSi-XL-3DS was much too short in terms of lengthe it took to be released.

And yeah, sorry ^_^'' I thought everyone realised. I had my sig saying 'Previously known as Darkrai-follower' for a little while. And yeah i guess it does, it's not as lame as my previous one so that's good.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next