It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 In what region will Black & White be? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I get fanboygasms whenever i draw parallels between stuff.

Well, Hoenn is turned sideways in the game, too...

Yeah, it looks like Isshu might be Shanghai.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Also I couldn't find any Bulbapedia anything about Isshu and NYC

not NYC. it was something else.... somewhere in japan. which would fit more. and did you say turn shanghai 90 degrees?? cuz that's the only way it would be close (remarkably, actually). however, previous regions are properly facing north, (sinnoh for instance, corresponds in the direction; i only use that one because it's the easiest to find on a map) so i doubt it's shanghai (but if you ignore that rule, then i would agree with you).

It's not a rule, look at Gen III
=)
Otherwise, I'd be doubting myself, too

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Also I couldn't find any Bulbapedia anything about Isshu and NYC

not NYC. it was something else.... somewhere in japan. which would fit more. and did you say turn shanghai 90 degrees?? cuz that's the only way it would be close (remarkably, actually). however, previous regions are properly facing north, (sinnoh for instance, corresponds in the direction; i only use that one because it's the easiest to find on a map) so i doubt it's shanghai (but if you ignore that rule, then i would agree with you).

=)

ah, i never noticed that before.... wth, that's pretty dumb, then.... but even so, then the regions may correspond differently in the pokemon world... hmm, i wonder if they do.... but i guess shanghai would be the new place. i concede.... defeat. lolz jkjk

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
=)

ah, i never noticed that before.... wth, that's pretty dumb, then.... but even so, then the regions may correspond differently in the pokemon world... hmm, i wonder if they do.... but i guess shanghai would be the new place. i concede.... defeat. lolz jkjk

Yeah, I never understood why they flipped which way is North on that map, maybe to make it fit on screen?
The region would have been just as cool sideways...

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
=)

Yeah, I never understood why they flipped which way is North on that map, maybe to make it fit on screen?
The region would have been just as cool sideways...

Perhaps because seeing a longitudinally huge map seems a bit more taxing compared to the same map flipped on its side? I mean most people are probably more accustomed to maps having greater lengths than heights.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, but i don't really think that it matters, considering the fact that the gba's screen is a square.... they could've just cut it off. especially sootopolis and ever grande. you know?? but i guess your point makes sense....

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry for revitalizing this thread.. I didn't know where to put this.

I don't think the map they've released is the Full map.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If BW doesn't connect to Kanto... and they remake Ruby/Sapphire which don't have Kanto... This will be the first gen without Kanto!!! OH MY *shot*

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LeoTheLion wrote:
If BW doesn't connect to Kanto... and they remake Ruby/Sapphire which don't have Kanto... This will be the first gen without Kanto!!! OH MY *shot*

that makes no effing sense, dude. Do you mean the first gen without a game that has Kanto somewhere?? if so, how does that even relate to this thread?? if i messed up on what you meant, then that makes even less sense.
@Spoinkable: maybe it doesn't show the areas that will be different for each region?? or how they affect the region, at least....

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was just thinking the map looked too small.
But, now that we've seen the in-game map with the dots and routes connecting them, I suppose I might have been wrong.
It just feels .... small.
I don't know if I can verbalize it.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

no offense, but all the regions are small (in-game, at least).... you can walk across all of them in 10 minutes tops XD besides, if you think about it, japan's actually a pretty small country (but still teh uber awesome :-D), so when you divide it up, you get even smaller stuff.... and shanghai can't be much bigger, so....

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
no offense, but all the regions are small (in-game, at least).... you can walk across all of them in 10 minutes tops XD besides, if you think about it, japan's actually a pretty small country (but still teh uber awesome :-D), so when you divide it up, you get even smaller stuff.... and shanghai can't be much bigger, so....

Yeah i thought about that earlier when hatching my egg, i decided to run from east-west and then north-south in Pearl (i say 'run' because i decided not to bike). But yeah, i got bored and then tried the same on emerald. Maybe they should spread things out a bit more in G5

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

of course, if it took hours to get from place to place, that'd be boring as well... hopefully they find a happy medium to balance those :-) or just more stuff to do along the way would be fine as well.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

well when you first go through a route it is longer due to wild pokemon, trainers and if it's your first time playing that game possibly a little confusion but when you beat the game...yeah

{spinda}

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
well when you first go through a route it is longer due to wild pokemon, trainers and if it's your first time playing that game possibly a little confusion but when you beat the game...yeah

okay, that's a good point.... but you get what i meant earlier.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
AnimeFreak_98 wrote:

okay, that's a good point.... but you get what i meant earlier.

First off, AnimeFreak that's a fantastic point.
Rt 116/117 (can't remember) from Celestic/Eterna to Snowpoint is RIDICULOUS because of all the damn trainers/blizzard,
but not too bad upon revisitation. Yeah I just made that word up, wanna fight about it?

And Rex, I get what you mean as well. I've always thought the routes needed to be more extensive.
But what I mean about the Ishua region is that it just seems too small even for Pokemon standards.
Maybe it's because it's actually bigger so everything looks smaller (if that makes sense lol)?

I was searching for possible cities and counting Gyms, and I couldn't find many. THAT's where my thought started.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, i get what you mean. let's count, shall we?? just so everyone knows what we're talking aboutlet's say, eight gyms, and a random building to house the E4.... so nine total
Possible sites:
1. To the top left, brown building
2. southeast of that, a little ways down, some plateaus?? kinda looks like a rice paddy to me... could have a town
3. across the bridge, another town
4. go up, across another bridge, looks like an E4 site
5. Pokeball in the middle of the map
6. If you look at the middle of the left side, there's some cave openings; could there be a gym in there?? (doubtful, unless blaine's not the only gym leader with bad luck)
7. East of the caves, a town. probably has a gym. (the place with the lighthouse)
8. across the bridge, under the pokeball.
9. Main city, Hiun if i'm not mistaken towards the bottom.
10. Across the big bridge, to the little white building; white forest/black castle place?? i don't know
11. south of the white castle, one one of the circular islands, it looks like there might be a town; my eyesight's not the best, so i'm not sure
12. maybe somewhere in the dessert??
so it's more like a "places of isshu" list, or features, at minimum. what do you guys think??

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Look at the map compared to the last ... four lol. It just seems like there's an overall lack of ... stuff.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have done a few quick overlays of images I have found, and am officially convinced that the black and white games will in fact be set in Shanghai, including a small portion of the regions to the north and south of it (jiangsu and zhejiang). I have attached the overlays I used to come to this conclusion.
The world map I have given is a little bit distorted, but I have focused on making Hoenn have the most realistic proportions, to use as a baseline. The size of isshu seems to be about the same size as hoenn, but may possibly be smaller than Sinnoh. The distance between isshu and hoenn also seems to match the distance between hoenn and kanto, and the distance between sinnoh and kanto. This shows further consistency with previous games. Also, the resetting of route numbers in Isshu correspond well with the fact that isshu is in the pokemon equivalent of china, and not purely a product of "distance", since the distance between hoenn and Sinnoh is technically greater than that between hoenn and isshu. On top of this, the fact that the route numbers in this new "country" begin around one of china's largest cities (shanghai), corresponds well with the original games, in which the route numbers started around one of japans largest cities (tokyo).
As you can see from the images, the Isshu region almost perfectly matches shanghai except for a few small distortions [ 1) shanghai is actually wider in real life, 2) the norhtern penninsula is turned outwards in the game, but inwards in reality {much like the tokyo bay distortion in kanto}, 3) the usual other topological simplifications]. It even has the lake to the west of shanghai and 2 of the islands to the south of the city.
Although some of the correlations I have presented are purely coincidental, I believe more than enough evidence has been shown to officially state that the new black and white games will in fact take place in china, and that Isshu is the pokemon world equivalent of Shanghai

**it should be noted that I have created the overlays of these images, but did not in fact create the original images which were overlayed. The image of isshu which was used, was taken from the psypokes website (only cropped for clarity), while the map which shows all of japan as a pokemon game-map was taken from the internet and possibly originally made by someone named cadellin. I do not know where exactly the original "real-world" maps came from, except that they were found through an internet search. As such, I can not claim ownership for any of the images which were used to create these overlays
***sorry about the image sizes, but I wanted them to be large enough for reasons of clarity

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm, looking at this, i hope they let you take boat rides to Hoenn. that would be cool. i know theyre focusing on the dream world thing to get other pokemon from other regions, but going to hoenn would be awesome cause hoenn with the DS graphics would be cool.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I fully agree that it would be awsome to let us visit other regions (such as hoenn), but I know they won't. I was actually kinda dissapointed that they aren't setting this version in japan. They could probably fill in the blanks between hoenn, johto/kanto, and sinnoh within only 1 or 2 more games (1 for between sinnoh and kanto, and 1 for between hoenn/johto). I have always kinda been hoping that they would someday release a version which connects all the regions. [or at least a few more of them] Maybe someday they will, but it looks like it'll have to be a few more years [or decades :'P] till then. But still, B/W version is the first new region I have been excited about in a very long time [not counting HG/SS, which I was extremely excited about, but wasn't actually a new region]

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you look at all the circles on the Isshu map, the Green and Yellow ones, and it looks like alot of towns.
Rather than just longer routes, wouldn't it be better to just have more routes, going to different places, so there's more places to explore?
Also, if the routes are too long, the chances are, people will just white/black out (no pun intended) cos all their pokemon fainted and end up never getting to their destination.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

InstantBacon wrote:
people will just white/black out (no pun intended) cos all their pokemon fainted and end up never getting to their destination.

We now know why they named the games what they did!

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
boat rides to Hoenn.

Wouldn't it be FANTASTIC if this is how they played off the remakes?
Like, apparently now you can visit OTHER players' Isshu regions.. what if they continued that with the Gen III remakes? (Assuming they make some.)
Specifically, let's say you buy Shiny Sapphire Version (don't judge me), you could have your player there go to Isshu via boat,
and vice versa!

Last edited by Spoinkable on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hope you can go to Hoenn in these games, its been so long and I lost my Emerald version :(

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

go to a gamestop and spend thirty dollars. tho i like ruby and sapphire better....

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next