It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 More remakes? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aphex wrote:
Copied what he says verbatim:

"What do you think? I am the President here. We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want us to mess with their good memories... but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right? We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet it is also completely new! I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!"

Could be referencing either one, honestly.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Aphex wrote:
Copied what he says verbatim:

"What do you think? I am the President here. We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want us to mess with their good memories... but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right? We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet it is also completely new! I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!"

okay, now i remember that. but spoinkable's right; could be either one. when i first talked to him, that was the first impression (the RSE remakes); but now, i'd bet that it's referencing HGSS. besides, they can't really have started on RSE remakes yet (can they??) they still don't have any of the gen V games out yet.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

RSE seem more recent than GSC or RBY now, but will they in three years time, when the remakes come out?

Idk, because we can still trade from RSE, its different; they aren't as dated. The graphic differences between RBYGSC and DPP are much greater than those between RSE and BW.

I'm guessing though, we'll probably get a RSE remake eventually, although RSE isn't really seen as like, a classic/old pokemon game to be remade. If nintendo were more creative, may have gotten a completely different game set in Hoenn, too, as an alternative (as in, no May/Brandon, and different plotlines, different gym leaders, or something, no Magma/Aqua). Or Hoenn could be visitable in Black and White, however, they aren't.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If the do remake RSE they should the Hoenn Battle Frontier not the Sinnoh because some people never played emerald (like me) and just Ruby and Sapphire because I think the ideas of the Hoenn Battle Frontier are more original that those of the SInnoh

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe the hoenn region will be visitable from the isshu region
the isshu region is supposedly based on shanghai and hoenn on the southern tip of japan maybe you could take a boat or somthing and get there post story

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Seriously, what's so bad about RSE remakes? If the main reason you disliked them was lack of Pokémon availability, then the remakes will be (as always) brought up-to-speed with Isshu by adding more Pokémon in more places. The region wasn't a terrible design, although it differed from previous designs. It was just abstract. What is bad about it? The fact that you travel by ship to your second Gym? The fact that there is a city completely blocked from the outside, save for diving? There should be RSE remakes, especially for those fans which became interested with Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald as one of their first Pokémon games.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Although I have no problem with the concept, remakes are unlikely to occur because they are unnecessary due to pal park. The previous remakes were created due a clear need for them

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, from that standpoint, you don't need HGSS either then, because between Gen III and DPPt, you could get almost every pokemon (except events, duh) in the national dex, if i'm not mistaken. and yet, HGSS happened as well. And it's possible there may not be a Pal Park in the next game.
Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. For that, I'll always have a sense of nostalgia playing those games. As Nosepass said, what's wrong with remaking the games for those of us who played those first? I understand that older players may have liked RBYGSC better, but tbh, isn't it mostly because of the same reason?? *awaits flaming*

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, between RSE and FRLG, not all of the Johto Pokes are available IIRC... At this point, HGSS simply redid a game that was already fantastic taking out the worst thing from them (Da** internal batteries!) and adding the new features that all (well, most anyway) fans loved about Gen III/IV.

As to remaking Hoenn, I see only one real thing they could improve on. I get that it was supposed to be a different place, kind of what they're trying to do to Isshu now, but the games with interconnectivity (or at least more than just that one specific region's plot [see: FRLG]) were always more fun. Discounting Pal Park, the real reason for remaking Hoenn (besides the ever-obvious money) would be to get them all on the same system (or some derivative of all the regions).

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
well, from that standpoint, you don't need HGSS either then, because between Gen III and DPPt, you could get almost every pokemon (except events, duh) in the national dex, if i'm not mistaken. and yet, HGSS happened as well. And it's possible there may not be a Pal Park in the next game.
Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. For that, I'll always have a sense of nostalgia playing those games. As Nosepass said, what's wrong with remaking the games for those of us who played those first? I understand that older players may have liked RBYGSC better, but tbh, isn't it mostly because of the same reason?? *awaits flaming*

All valid points, I guess what I was trying to say was that from a purely economic perspective, is it worth it?(but the more i think about it, the more increasingly null it seems) and at the moment, we have all the pokemon, in all the games, from all generations compatible with one another... Although it would be great to see the remakes of RSE coming up.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just realized something. Hoenn is now the ONLY region to not see DS graphics.

Kanto = HGSS
Johto = HGSS
Sinnoh = DPP
Isshu = BW
Hoenn = Squat.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yup. I think we'll see RSE remade simply because there's money to be made in it. But eventually, they're gonna have to stop doing remakes. I mean, we don't wanna be in Gen VII and still doing RBY remakes. The only way i see around this is making sure of a "Pal Park"-esque feature that allows for the continuous movement of Pokemon through the gens.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
yup. I think we'll see RSE remade simply because there's money to be made in it. But eventually, they're gonna have to stop doing remakes. I mean, we don't wanna be in Gen VII and still doing RBY remakes. The only way i see around this is making sure of a "Pal Park"-esque feature that allows for the continuous movement of Pokemon through the gens.

Shi*..i didnt realise this thread kept going...
And technically even in B/W there is a way to get anything of Hoenn to Isshu without the need of remakes.

- Pal park from a gen 3 game --> gen 4 game
- Gen 5 version of pal park lets you get from Gen 4 games --> Gen 5

So really my main point got proven wrong because i based my original post on what the fact i was assuming the 5th gen would be on a new console (without thinking about a gen5 pal park *slaps self*)
But i gotta agree with your point there but IF they make a gan 3 remake in 5th gen then that means everyone could ditch first-third generation games and just work with D/P/P...HG/SS...B/W...[insert hoenn remakes here]. considering they've stopped comercially sellling third gen (or theres not much about anyway) then it would be a good idea to remake third generation in fifth. and then from 6th,7th for sake of argument, if there's a new console (likely), chances are it will have a way to have a 5th/4th --> 6th gen pal park feature so any generation of games (being all on DS IF 3rd gen gets a remake)

Hope you got all that peeps.

P.S Any typos, cope, its early morning here and cannot be bothered fixing any or even looking through that mess above.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well keep in mind, Platinum and HGSS were worked in a way to remove reliability on Pal Park (mostly because of the DSi's lack of a GBA slot).

And besides, some Hoenn Pokémon really can be hard to obtain without Pal Park, and I mean, you gotta have Ruby AND Sapphire to obtain them all (if we're counting the dongle method as well).

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah i see, but maybe ditching the GBA slot on the DSi(XL) and 3DS and completely leaving third gen behind could be a hint that they'll have a 3rd gen remake on the DS?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, they already began ditching the Gen 3 games with HGSS, as you can now get every pokemon (I think...) from Gen 3, on Gen 4 games, even some events have been given out, so either there is a remake, or they just want to get rid of a reliance on Gen 3 games.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, 'cause Platinum and HGSS made all the Pokémon previously only obtainable by transfer or by the dongle method available in other ways.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah, RSE need a DS remake.

Act Like you know.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would not object to an RS remake- in a new generation, you would need a new game to trade with for old Pokémon. Even if you could capture them all in Black and White, they should exist for entertainment only.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think they should make a remake of Ruby/Saphirre/Emerald, but completly remake the storyline to include the some familar characters from this and Orre region espically for the Post-Game. I would like to add the Seveii (and possiblly Orange) Islands That's just the start of my idea.

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well if you talk RSE remakes, isn't a RBY re-remake due? and I think they will end with either gen V or VI just so they can remake these games over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... ect

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

RBY is in gen III and VI so no. but RSE is one of the best games in the sieries. if BW is good to, nintend's gona make a fortune/more Gen's.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Besides the nostalgic value of remakes, they also keep us busy. I mean Platinum came out in Japan in 2008. 2 years would be a long time to wait for the next Pokemon game.

Also, remakes are nice because they allow kids that were to young to play Gen I to play it. And remakes put old games into new technologies.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think we need a RBY remake.. we already have one. maybe much later, but no. We already have one, sure its GBA but big deal, people can get over it. And RBY is one of those ones where the original is WAYY better than FRLG. who cares if you weren't around, you can still go get it and a cheap gameboy color/advanced. But a RSE remake is needed because we don't have one. And with the graphic/gameblay of BW it would be awesome, surely deserving of it how it was one of the most unique and had the most unique pokedex... until now maybe ;)

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sieriously. i was into FRLG, but not as much as RBY. but it should come later though.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next