It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 You All Realize That... 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

...10-20 years from now, they are going to make a Pokemon movie, similar to how there recently have been remakes of past things like Transformers, G.I. Joe, and a ton others that I can't think of.

I'm hoping they do, and make it have incredibly good graphics. A real motion picture film, with more a more adultish tone to it, but still watchable by a younger teen crowd. Yes, I can't wait :)

Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh heck yeah, I'd watch it. As long as it didn't have Mcauly Culkin in it . . . :-P

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lol random! but yeah that would be unfortunate if he were in it

Fri May 28, 2010 8:04 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
There is a high chance that I will not watch this movie but if by rare chance they make it right then I am on board to actually watch it as it will be enjoyable for sure...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 29, 2010 3:17 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

It'd be kind of hard to have a "reboot movie" when the anime is still pumping out annual movies that do well and the franchise in general is still firing on all cylinders and massively popular.

Sat May 29, 2010 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost, like the optimism, I suppose that a future movie like the one I've mentioned would be unlikely if Pokemon is still running strong 10 - 20 years down the road :D

Sat May 29, 2010 6:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That would be rather badass if they did. But yeah if it did have Mcauly Culkin i would personally go to his house and shoot him. Ahaha, But yeah, i'd so watch it.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yea! a bit more adultness could never hurt in the more recent anime...

past the hoenn it just seems to get more... whats the word? more childish and less action? i guess i can sum it up to that.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I agree with Frost, unless Pokemon flat-out dies in the next few years, I don't think we'll see a "reboot" movie.

However, a live-action movie could be cool if they do it more along the lines of the first Transformers rather than Transformers 2 or G.I. Joe. If done right, it could be a huge success, but otherwise it would probably just be a flop movie.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magus wrote:
a live-action movie could be cool if they do it more along the lines of the first Transformers rather than Transformers 2 or G.I. Joe. If done right, it could be a huge success, but otherwise it would probably just be a flop movie.

Live action pokemon movie would be EPIC.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That'll take a LOT of work to make them not look ugly.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

By that time we'll be 40 year olds :C
Who are still die hard fans of Pokemon. 8D The graphics need to be good. And they better not ruin it.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

filthy-maggot wrote:
By that time we'll be 40 year olds :C
Who are still die hard fans of Pokemon. 8D The graphics need to be good. And they better not ruin it.

Agree with you halfway at fourty we probibly will still be die hard fans (as long as they keep making respectable games) but the movie could come sooner in battle revolution the graphics are pretty good just improve those graphics as well as having more actions for attacks and you could have a true motion picture pokemon movie

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
It'd be kind of hard to have a "reboot movie" when the anime is still pumping out annual movies that do well and the franchise in general is still firing on all cylinders and massively popular.

I agree with this, there can not easily be a remake in a franchise that is still very much alive although I often question how it can be as usually things that will not be laid to rest often become tarnished and then just become worse if it dares to still continue.
Remakes are a resurrection, it's what the entertainment industry does to make money when they are too lazy to use their imaginations to create something original. So instead they being attention back to a film, often a great film that has been moved on from for quite some time. Just look at most of Disney's recent sequels, they are of classics, films that we grew up with in the nineties.

I suppose some of the Pokemon films since this franchise is so old are indeed outdated such as the first three films; Mewtwo Strikes Back, The Power of One, and Spell of the Unown(my favorite). But that still does not change that overall pokemon is still very much alive and somehow every new addition seems to be just as embraced as the last; I could see the need to resurrect the older outdated films if the newer and recent branch of the franchise were lacking in attention but somehow it never seems to be.

I honestly would not be surprised if see our grandchildren playing the twentieth or thirtieth generation pokemon games lol.

I would though very much be interested in a more adult themed pokemon film, however with the franchise being aimed at children I doubt they'd do it.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Adult-intended live-action Pokemon movie? ...Yes. Yes, indeed. This needs to happen sometime.

If you think about if, if the series does die (which it will) by that time our CG rendering will be so pro that they'll all look pretty awesome. If they can make it to the caliber of Transformers, that would rule.

And Mcaluy Culkin with a beard or something. Or spiky hair and a hat. With Keanu Reeves as Brock.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There's already a trailer for this very idea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUD7thPctQ&feature=player_embedded

Although it is fake...

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

While I do think a movie would be an enjoyable idea, I do not agree with the real-life graphics. Pokemon has anime style graphics. I would be sad to see them go. Tell me, can you picture Ash as a real person? With the zig-zag lines under his eyes and the spikey hair.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
While I do think a movie would be an enjoyable idea, I do not agree with the real-life graphics. Pokemon has anime style graphics. I would be sad to see them go. Tell me, can you picture Ash as a real person? With the zig-zag lines under his eyes and the spikey hair.

I have to agree here Pokemon was created with a graphic style that really has no real life translation; not to mention the pokemon themselves, even CGI I just can not see that working and the mix would be terrible.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've got a bad feeling that if they made a Live Action one, it would end up like the Dragonball Z Movie or The Last Airbender did... Lol But if they did it right, I'd be all for it!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I don't mind the somewhat overrated themes of that trailer but not everything in Pokemon can be graphically transferred to 3D, 4D or real life which means if they made this, it would indeed turn out like Dragonball Evolution which was a b-slap to what was known as Dragonball...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I think if the people who made Avatar (not The Last Airbender) jumped in and used their awesome animation effects they could pull it off.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:04 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Well, I think if the people who made Avatar (not The Last Airbender) jumped in and used their awesome animation effects they could pull it off.

I guess that would make it work but only maybe...to be fair though, I am a bit of a negative thinker...

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To me, trailer looks a litle stupid, but if they fix the graphics, and make Ash someone else besides that dude, i might just like it.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh yeah, I meant to say this earlier like when I made my last post but umm, Pokebeach has said that the trailer is fake that they uploaded to their site, you know, the 1 we were pretty much all talking about...

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hopefully, if they do ever make a live action movie, they'll use the 3D and CGI to supplement the movie not have it revolve around the "cool effects" like so many of the movies that have been coming out -_-

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]