Hoenn 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
Sinnoh 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Orre 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 27

Favorite Region? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
I can't believe no one thought of this yet. What is your favorite region, overall?
Notes:
The Sevii Islands are counted as part of Kanto.
Other includes thing like Fiore that are from other games like Pokémon Ranger.

My favorite is Johto, actually. It's a very adventurous place, in my opinion. The main character didn't look like a noob like RGBY(Not FRLG!)'s main hero did. Your rival is more than just marginally interesting. It has all kinds of continuity from Kanto (my second favorite region, tied with Hoenn): Pokémon had a very similar style, the gym leaders rounded out Kanto's 8, old characters returned, along with Team Rocket, my favorite main bad guys, Professor Elm was an interesting change from the cool and competant Oak, the Pokémon themselves were, for lack of a better word, epic, especially the starters and legendaries, (though Mew is still, and will always be, my favorite legendary. :) ) All that combined with the fact that I actually liked the anime (especially the imagery for the regions) back when Johto was new. (I.E.: Before they hit Season 6, the first Hoenn one, because after the theme of the series in general changed in a way I found to be inferior to the previous theme.)
So in other words: Perfect amount of new + Perfect amount of nostalgia = Epic Win.

EDIT: Added Sinnoh. Which I somehow forgot.

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aww man I like Johto and Hoenn. But since I can only choose 1, I'd have to go with Hoenn. I don't know, there's something about the Hoenn Region I really like...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My favorite region is a tie between Johto and Hoenn, but I cast a vote for Johto because Gold was my first pokemon game. Ever. Kind of a big deal.
going off on a tangent: I hate how I wasn't able to play RBY as my first pokemon games, because some of the continuity escaped me when I played gold. And my parents, being of asian descent, thought that video games will be bad for your brain. -__________- Luckily, though, pokemon wasn't too big in RBY times where I lived. Returning back to my point: Johto has been, so far, the ONLY game that's delivered something fans have been craving for since generation 3: GSC allowed the player to return back to a previous region. (Think about it, whenever someone whines about Nintendo not making a major all-region-in-one-game, just tell them that it's not on Nintendo's agenda anymore, because IT'S ALREADY BEEN CREATED. It's known as Pokemon Versions Gold, Silver, and Crystal. :P) Johto also added pokemon animations (crystal), DAY AND NIGHT :DD, actual days that correspond to real time, and arguably the best generation of pokemon ever to the franchise.

Hoenn is a close second because in terms of the size of the region, it seems to be the biggest. (Sinnoh seems to be the smallest, but Johto probably is). Also, Hoenn is the only region so far that has a mass of ocean, so Surf isn't just used to traverse one or two bodies of water. Also, the areas for diving was really cool, due to the fact that you could actually go underwater to explore stuff. The Abandoned Ship mad good use of it, building it into its puzzle. With Hoenn, the whole dichotomy of land vs. water is perfectly shown by {groudon} and {kyogre} plus the half-land and half-ocean layout of the region.

Heck, since I'm already talking about the regions, I'll talk about the others too XP

Kanto is definitely my third favorite, because although it doesn't compete with Johto or Hoenn in my mind, it's an iconic region. It started the franchise, introduced a VERY original cast of pokemon, and so much more.

Sinnoh didn't really appeal that much to me in terms of the layout of the region. We ALL hate caves and their plethora of {geodude} and {zubat}, but Nintendo thought it would be smart to make a region that has one effing giant ass-mountain (haha i love hyphenating such phrases this way), and makes the players navigate through that evil area just to reach the legendary, and in Platinum, I'm just too lazy to go through there again to get dialga and palkia. >.> Also, it just seemed the smallest compared to all the other regions, and the oceans, although small, are just a carbon copy of Johto's "ocean" split in two parts.

This is just one teen's opinion, though, but I'd like to think I make a good point. XD

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually . . . I kind of incorrectly voted for "other" - mostly because you didn't have an "all of the above" choice! LOL. I've enjoyed the regions in all the games I've played pretty equally. The fact that they've made them all somewhat different with different puzzles/obsticals and so on helps make them all enjoyable. I don't know, maybe it's a little bit of a cop out, but I pretty much enjoy wherever my character is.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

HOENN!! sapphire was my first pokemon game ever (yes, i'm a little young), and i'm still completely loyal to it. HGSS has ruined my minimal liking for johto, even though i still like many of the pokemon that come from there <prepares for onslaught>. i know that many people hated hoenn, but i liked the plot, the pokemon, and the places in hoenn. i didn't vote for kanto, because, uh, idk. but i didn't vote for sinnoh because it sucked; orre, while a region, is devoid of life and is rife with crime; and fiore can suck it (iow, pokemon ranger sucked, imo).

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh > Orre > Everything else > Hoenn

Not even kidding.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

definantly Hoenn. accidently clicked Johto, but I meant Hoenn. Although i did like Johto, and would be my 2nd, i for some reason loved Hoenn. it was just a fun game to me. and the plot of it was very interesting to me. and i did like the pokemon! they broke the mold for most pokemon. alot of Johto pokemon followed Kanto's suit, and Hoenn was different and very original!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kanto just because I'm an oldschool nostalgiafag.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hoenn forever. it was my first game, so yeah.
second would be johto, coz i love crystl(before HGSS came out)
third is isshu coz it is new and i love mijumaru
forth is kanto, coz it is the original, and it made mew(and had the critical hit glitch in RBY)
fivth is sinoh, coz it has that f***-up of a mountain in the middle, and the starters are crap(how do you get steel out of a penguin)

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tie between Johto and Hoenn.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hoenn ftw! My favorite pokemon game was emerald

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

HOENN BABY!

its just so orriginal! almost like pokemon was born a second time!

the charicters are sexy.

the pokemon are sexy.

the storyline is sexy.

the music is sexy.

the starters are sexy.

he battle frontier is sexy.

the bad guys are even sexy!

its where contests and secret bases were invented! which is sexy!

If they made a new version of emerald i would be after it like a sexy bounty hunter on crack!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

okjoek wrote:
HOENN BABY!

its just so orriginal! almost like pokemon was born a second time!

the charicters are sexy.

the pokemon are sexy.

the storyline is sexy.

the music is sexy.

the starters are sexy.

he battle frontier is sexy.

the bad guys are even sexy!

its where contests and secret bases were invented! which is sexy!

If they made a new version of emerald i would be after it like a sexy bounty hunter on crack!

we know

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Johto I always liked gsc better than rse. I dont know why. It got old after awhile.

Just Got Soul Silver!
3-14-10

PM me if you want to battle or trade.
FC:1676 9742 6708 (Platnum)
FC:4426 3660 4204 (SoulSilver)
Pokemon: {torterra} {feraligatr} {charizard} {electivire} {kingdra} {dusknoir}

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Kanto without a doubt.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

if "other" means a region from one of the spin-offs, then i voted right.

mystery dungeon was by far my favourite pokemon game (not counting the smash bros series), ever since i started pokemon with emerald, i've been wanting to play as the pokemon themselves. its cool to beat up the elite four with a rayquaza, but i'd prefer beaten them up myself with magical pokemon powers. so mystery dungeon kinda satisfied my wish.

from the main series, definitely hoenn. it was the first pokemon region i played in, and i've only got johto left (and im getting SS soon). so it kinda made an impact, three of my 5 favourite pokes come from it, and the other two also appeared there. good storyline (for a pokemon game), good music. i like it more than sinnoh because the flow of battles is much better. in sinnoh, when you send out your pokemon, there is a small pause between when you throw the pokeball and the pokemon pops out. in emerald, the pokemon appears immediately, almost as if it bounces off the pokeball. maybe i've just got a rhythmic mind, but i really like that.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. Sinnoh
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Others

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hoenn, because most of my favorite pokemon came from that region. And i'm also think that Hoenn is the biggest region yet. It's sea are good and there are many interesting diving spot.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]