It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Viral Secrets (The big climax is here!!) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
"Lucario, disengage!" Cassie shouted as the Arbok reared back, fire blazing in its maw. The Steel-type leaped clear as the Ember attack struck the ground, and Cassie used the moment of distraction to make her way over to the other trainers, Terra still hissing and clawing at the large cobra Pokemon.

"If we can use a powerful enough Ground attack, we can drop them into a crack in the earth. My Terra knows Earthquake, can your Nidoking do the same?"

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Well, I don't know about Massimo, but Psystone sure does. I'm in if you guys are."
((sorry for the single line, not much i can add after that))

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Arbok dove at Alex as he smirked at it and grabbed for another ball. He tossed it out as Arcanine emerged. "Delta!" "Chaaaaa!" It dove as Politoed lept from it's hole and held it by the tail. Arbok's head collided with the ground as Arcanine opened it's gaping mouth. "Flamethrower." It unleashed a power burst of fire all over the giant snake's upper half. Alex felt a sense of joy come about him as a smile slowly ran across his face.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"It's our best shot. Cari, to me, Terra, Earthquake those snakes into oblivion!"

Lucario dashed to his trainer's side, standing beside her protectively with paws clenched into fists while the Flygon concentrated, then slammed her hind legs and powerful tail against the ground hard, creating a shockwave directly under the Arboks.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Yeah this battle is pretty much over except I'm going to throw my twist into it real quick like.))

I looked as the Flygon prepared for an Earthquake. "Vaporeon Ice Beam on those Arboks!" Vaporeon blasted a frozen beam at the three Arboks, freezing them solid as the quake opened a trench in the ground. The largest Arbok turned white hot as the ice encasing it melted quickly. "It used Overheat to escape, but it's too late now."

The two frozen Arbok fell into the earth, the largest slithered back into the forest. I rubbed his face, "We'll see him again." Gallade walked up, "You shouldn't of held back. You know what Vaporeon can do, so why did you not use it?"

I pulled him to the side and he knew what I was going to say. He looked at me, "You didn't tell them? I know your parents wouldn't have told but I figured you would have." I stared at the ground, "I know but I don't want to put Vaporeon in that position. He isn't ready." Gallade frowned, "Red after all the trials you know it's the most effective way to destroy these things. You just have to field test it." I glanced at the group, "They're not ready to know everything."

((Not really my usual twists but it does give some suspense. After we sit down at the fire at dusk and Jimmy's character is introduced I need someone to overhear parts of my conversion with Gallade and bring up some questions.))

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I rushed to Nidoking to check and see if it had a burn from the Ember attack, thankfully he didn't. After recalling Nidoking back I couldn't help but look at Red and his Pokemon. It was when I was looking at him I noticed him taking a quick glance at us and muttering something to Gallade. I knew something was up and wanted answers. "Red what are you two talking about?" I asked demanding.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The battle was over. We had made one flee, and the other two were in some very deep, very new fissure in the ground. I immediately took all my pokemon back to the camp, where I began healing them with various potions and remedies. Afterwards, I put all except Psystone back in their balls, as he wasn't as badly hurt.
I noticed the new trainer, and figured he was either lost, or hadn't gotten to the lab on time. I figured it was probably going to be worth it to introduce myself. "What's up?? My name is Axel, and this is Psystone. And you are?"

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked angrily at Gallade and whispered, "And now they will know thanks to you." Gallade just jerked his head in the other direction, "Well it's not my fault you were being obvious."

I walked to the fire and sat down. I addressed the entire group, "My parents didn't tell you everything about this mission. We know exactly who's behind the virus, the man who saved my life. We didn't ever think he would use the virus this way. We thought he destroyed it , but we were horribly wrong. The virus was called The Touch because the only way something can get it is by the infected biting or mixing its blood with its victim. That's why the Arboks were such a risk because if they bit anyone they would become infected." I sighed and stared into the fire, "Even humans can get infected. No one has been infected by a pokemon but any infected human can be identified by a mark on their upper left arm. It's a large vein in the shape of a D but this mark is black due to the Touch."

Gallade sat down next to me. "You might as well tell them everything Red. If they haven't figured it out own their own." I looked at one of my pokeballs then at Vaporeon. "Forgive me." I rolled up my sleeve to reveal a black D mark. "I'm the first human and the creator of the virus itself."

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((ohsnap))
"WHAT THE HELL!? You've been keeping this secret to yourself?! How were we supposed to be able to fight it effectively? All along, we trusted you, and now this bullcrap!! Let me guess; Mommy and Daddy probably just let you play around with the genes of some virus, and you effectively created a biological super-steroid for pokemon. Filth!! You disgust me." I was angry, angrier than I had ever been before. The fact that he deceived us all to further his parents' labs' ends just made it worse. So what if he was infected? Was I supposed to feel sympathy for him, for accidentally becoming infected by his own creation? I wouldn't hear of it...
((note: sorry redt, this is not how i actually feel, but i figured if someone blew up, then it'll be more interesting))

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Axel calm yourself and shut yer damn mouth." He had a right to be angry but still blowing up like that isn't going to solve anything "we all have skeletons in our closets, so don't be so quick to judge" still aimed towards Axel. Turning to Red "when exactly were you going to tell us this? I mean important information is crucial and cannot just be kept hidden until you think the time is right, it has to be known from the get go, because there is no right time for something like this." The fool still should warned us, I could have just lost Nidoking. "One last thing Axel I don't take kindly to those that just burst out like that it irritates me greatly and we all make mistakes, also once you lose your cool you lose the battle remember that."

I turned to walk over to the new guy that came running up during the madness "hello there my name is Massimo Francisco" I said offering my hand "you might recognize me from my many Pokemon League battles." I said cheerily to brighten the mood, and to give myself an ego boost as well.

Turning my attention back towards Red I had just two more questions left. "So Red what happens to an infected human once they get this virus, and what does this guy look like anyway."

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"...You're right. But that doesn't mean I don't have my share of questions. For instance, how did you contract it, and when did this virus outbreak start?" I was beginning to calm down, the initial outrage burning down into frustration. I was pacing around the fire, awaiting his response.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I tried to calm down as Axel started to rant. "First off, I didn't create this virus. I didn't have a choice in the matter. Technically I'm dead. I died a long time ago when I was younger. I was trying to find a Water Stone for my Eevee and I did fibd one. It was at the bottom of a ledge, near the ocean.One of the rocks gave way and I fell...very far. That's all I really remember and I was in a coma from then until a few months ago. That's when the virus was made. It healed my body and made me stronger. I recover from all types of injuries, the virus changed me."

I looked at Massimo, "I don't know what happens to an infected human. I'm the original as is my Vaporeon and all I know from that is that both my blood and Vaporeon's blood and bite is lethal to any infected being. The man I can't remember at all and parents only mentioned his name. It was Issac Hanstan. He found the virus and put it in my Eevee to see its effects before giving it to me, at least that's what my parents told me."

I stood up, "I think the rest of the questions can wait until later. This has taken a lot of me." I got up and headed to my tent. I stopped before I went in, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you all earlier but I left one more secret out. I was in that coma for forty seven years." I quickly went into my tent, Gallade and Vaporeon standing guard outside my tent. Gallade looked at the group, "Haunter will take Red's place during watch."

((Red's not immortal, he just has an abnormal life span. We'll find out about it when we meet Issac.))

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alex greeted both Axel with a nod. "My name's Alex...thanks for the help back there." He rested back on a log for a bit listening to the previously stated blast his argument. Upon another greeting, Alex shook Massimo's hand with a grin. "Nice to meet you Massimo! I don't believe I've heard of you though..." He trailed off in thought for awhile and listened carefully to Red's story. Wow...there sure is a lot going on here...sounds like I came around just in time... Alex quietly dug through his pack to find a loaf of bread and bit into it monstrously, still gathering his surroundings. As Red finished, Alex rose his hand. "Yeahhhh....um...what the hell did i just get myself into, exactly? I knew there was a disease, but it infects people? Please tell me this isn't gonna turn into some kind of zombie apocalypse or anything, cos' I gotta tell ya...I just don't feel like fighting off a bunch of trainers and their zombified pokemon."

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie blinked a couple times as Red revealed his secret, before closing her eyes tightly and resting her head in her hands, Terra nuzzling her trainer in concern.

"... I think I need a drink."

Lucario found and offered her a canteen-- the young woman chuckled and accepted the water, taking a long drink. "Not quite what I meant, but thanks buddy."

She looked over at Axel and the newcomer as she checked her Flygon and Lucario carefully, eventually putting Terra back in her ball. "Alex, is it? Pleasure to meet you, I'm Cassie. We're on the trail of a mutated version of the Pokerus virus, or at least that's what I thought up till a few minutes ago."

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Forty seven years!? What in the world had I gotten myself into?? One thing was for sure; I suspected that we were going to Pastoria to find something specific, not to study the virus. Whatever it was, I was along for the ride.
I turned to the others. "So, what do you guys think of this? We could always just ditch him while he's asleep and tip off the authorities, but somehow, I don't think that would be right.... I've made up my mind. Contrary to what I said five minutes ago, I will continue this journey. Red has been a good guy all along, so I guess there's no reason for that to change, even if he is a gazillion years old. But for right now, ten to twelve hours of sack is in store for me. Wake me up if that Arbok comes back." With that, I retired to my tent; however, through the night, Psystone stood guard outside.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I bounded over to the newcomer. "Hi, my name is Jack Cade, and I WAS here to help solve the virus. Now........"I trailed off, and shook my head. "Now I wish that I not come. that I didn't feel honor bound to follow through, all the way." Sable was running around with my hat on his head, cackling madly. I sighed."Pardon me." I grabbed a lasso from my bag, and hurled it without hesitation. It flew over Lucarios head, and wrapped around my hat. I yanked, and the hat came flying towards me. Sable had grabbed on to it instinctively, and had came along with the hat. "Look what I caught." I crowed. "A naughty thief with my hat." I laughed, and unwound the lasso from my hat. Sable dropped to the ground at my feet.

Thanks to Legendary Tamer for the Trainer card and Egg of Darkrai
Thanks to Rex09 for the sprite of Sable and Kassie.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Jack is right. We've come so far, it would be wrong to leave Red now. Besides, I confess to be... intrigued by how this whole mess will play out."

Cassie looked over at Jack as Lucario settled at her feet, quietly chuckling, before her eyes narrowed. "Wasn't Axel's Mightyena injured in the fight?"

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My head sank a bit I guess its true when they say fame is fleeting. Despite not being recognized this Alex guy seemed alirght though I did have some thoughts about his battle style, he seemed very competent and good, and I wanted to battle him one day. "Well older trainers gotta get some rest before the rest of you younglings." I released my Houndoom "she will watch out for me, and will also help me keep watch." I called out as I walked into my tent and Houndoom took her a resting place right in front of my tent. "Wake me when its my turn to keep watch." I called.

As I settled into my tent for some sleep, the name Isaac rung a bell for some odd reason, but just as I started to seriously ponder it I fell asleep.

--Dream Time--
The crowd was roaring, I had my Pokemon at the ready and up for a battle. I walked outside into the stadium I could hear the crowd but there was no one, I heard the announcer say

"Now its time for the battle who will take third place in this year's Sinnoh League.

But as he said it, it came out slow and distorted, after a while I couldn't help but think if this is a dream or a nightmare. I took my place on my end of the battlefield, the announcer said who the competitors were, my name came out clear but my opponent's last name came out distorted and I could only make out his first name, Isaac. When I looked up at him he was cloaked in shadows, I couldn't even make out a face or even what he was wearing. We both released our lead Pokemon, me with my Yanma and him with a shadow Pokemon that I couldn't make out.

One by one my Pokemon fell to this Isaac, for some reason my attacks did nothing and barely connected. I was getting concerned none of my Sinnoh League, or even other League battles, was like this. Me getting my end wafflestomped. He muttered something after I called my Bayleef back after getting crushed. He said something, but all I heard was silence and distorted backwards talk.

--End Dream--

I was sweating slightly due to my dream, but nothing that couldn't be blamed on the heat.

((whenever its my turn to take watch just wake me up. also who is this Isaac in my dream? maybe he is connected to Red or maybe he isn't just wait and find out.))

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((@lady miir: it was, but i used magic potions to heal him; he'll probably be fine in the morning. nothing much to add to the story tho))

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie curled up in her sleeping bag, sleeping lightly, with Lucario nearby keeping a watch on his trainer.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

"Abuu, your on guard." I mumbled, and returned everyone except Sable and Abuu to their Pokeballs. Abuu's eyes flashed once, and it floated until it was in front of the entrance to my tent. "Sable, your taking my shift for watch." I grinned. "Consider it payback for stealing my hat." Sables grin lessened slightly. I ducked into my tent, and curled up into my sleeping bag, falling asleep nearly instantly.........
-Memory/Dream-
I was 5 years old in the living room of my parents house, watching my Mom and Dad arguing again. "WE CAN BARELY EVEN AFFORD TO STAY HERE, THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR STUPID LOW-PAYING JOB!" My Mom screamed. "AT LEAST I CAN ACTUALLY GET A DECENT AMOUNT FOR A SALARY." My father was right up in my mothers face now. I stepped forward, and both of them turned around. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, YOU UNGRATEFUL WRETCH?" My mother screamed at me. "YOUR THE REASON WE HAVE NO MONEY, ALWAYS EATING MASSIVE AMOUNTS, AND COSTING A FORTUNE." My father roared. "But...But..." I stammered, but my father rushed towards me. with a sick feeling I knew what was coming. He kicked my legs from under me, and started to kick me while I lay sobbing on the floor. He beat me for what felt like hours, but was probably only 5 mintiues. He aimed one last mighty at my head.........
-End Memory/Dream-
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I screamed as I woke in a cold sweat. I looked around. I was back in my tent, Sable curled up in a small sleeping bag of his own. I shuddered and slumped down to sleep once more.

((Come to me when it is Jacks turn for watch.))

Thanks to Legendary Tamer for the Trainer card and Egg of Darkrai
Thanks to Rex09 for the sprite of Sable and Kassie.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Accepted by redt. :)))

Quote:
--- Name: Leo

--- Personality:
He’s a hothead. He’ll try to be serious and whatnot but he’s way too childish and his attention span is very little. Mostly arrogant, stubborn and impolite, but in the thick of things he’s quite reliable to do good by people. Don’t call him small or he will get very aggressive. This personally of Leo’s, however, hides the fact that Leo holds a very secret side about him, both sly and mysterious

--- Appearance:
He’s short. Dark red messy hair with fringe over his big dark brown eyes. Black collared and buttoned up shirt, collar always stinking upwards. Dark blue jeans, black-cut gloves, black boots. Bag decorated in a pokeball fashion. Basic idea appearance: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Spencer_Mencer/100_0426.jpg

--- History:
Originally born and bred on the Sevii Islands, Leo lived with his mum and dad. Being bullied for his height, he sought off and found a famous breeder of pokemon. Training the hatched pokemon and becoming the best pokemon trainer in the area, he kicked all their arses in his revenge, whether they had a pokemon to battle back or not. Making a thing of it, he decided to go ahead and obtain all the badges on the quest to become Champion, the best trainer there ever was.

Since the boy left his islands by the age of 10, little is known where he went and what he did on his adventure with the Pichu, who had evolved at the time, he nicknamed Sparky...

5 years later...

Not much is known about Leo’s past till now, not even Leo himself can remember much of anything. Leo completely disappeared from the face of the earth. Before he and his pokemon were released from the mysterious lab they were kept, a lab even Leo can’t remember resided, he was given a mission to follow a certain someone and keep tabs on him and the group he worked with via his pokegear.

This man’s name was... Red Feor. Feeling pain and a feeling to be obligated to help the mysterious man on the line, Leo sets off on his new Togekiss with Sparky closely watching from his shoulder, probably the only pokemon who really knew what happened to him since those 5 years past... She, however, stays completely silent.

--- Pokemon:

{pikachu} (Sparky): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Agility

{scizor}: X-Scissor, Slash, Iron Head, Swords Dance, Night Slash

{snorlax} (Thumper): Rest, Snore, Hyper Beam, Earth Quake, Body Slam

{typhlosion}: Eruption, Flamethrower, Rollout, Smokescreen, Blast Burn

{donphan} (Ellie): Rollout, Iron Defence, Ancient Power, Giga Impact, Thunder Fang

{togekiss}: Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Sky Attack, Extreme Speed, Fly

Leo watched closely from a far out tree hidden in the foliage and the leaves. He held binoculars to his face, spying on the campsite of some trainers. His Pikachu, Sparky, was watching just as intrigued as Leo was, laying, as usual, in Leo’s head of dark red hair.

“Sparky, that was a close call...” Leo murmured, “...If you didn’t warn me in time, we would’ve got caught by the Haunter and that Farfetch’d guy...” he gave a slight nod. Ever since they woke up in the middle of nowhere, Sparky was always surprising him. The Pikachu jumped from his shoulder to the branch beside him as he continued, “...I guess staying in this tree is the safest we’re gonna get without being caught... I feel so lame though...” he sighed depressingly with a shrugged head, Sparky giving him a pat of remorse.

The group around the lit fire seemed to be discussing something. He couldn’t exactly listen in, so peering at this distance was useless. He decided to give up for now before one of those strong-looking pokemon spotted him. From his leaning position, Leo sat back against the tree as Sparky ran up and sat in his lap. He dangled his arm with the binoculars he held, all awhile giving Sparky a good old pat that she enjoyed.

“...I guess we’re sleeping in a tree tonight, Sparky... I was hoping those Arbok would get them to move, but I guess they’re just as stubborn as I am... In awhile, I’ll have to look back and see what’s going on in the campsite... I’m not totally sure who this Red Feor guy is... But if he is indeed the one with the red hair, then I guess he’s made my job easier...”

Sparky nodded, nodding again. Leo tilted his head, “Wait, so he is that guy, Sparky?” she gave a small pika as well as another nod, curling up in his lap, “That’s great! So, I finally found him, huh... Well, at least we’re getting somewhere, hey Sparky? Now all we have to do is keep track of him wherever they go, and that should be easy with Togekiss... I’m going to take another look.”

As Leo leaned up from the tree, looking into the binoculars lens, he saw something on Red that gave him chills down his spine. “No... No way... That D shaped vein mark on his upper arm...” Leo ducked down as soon as Red covered it back up, his eyes at a stone cold gaze. Sparky looked at him with worry as Leo uttered, “Why... Why does Red have the same mark that...?” Leo clutched at his left arm, glaring.

“...Well, Sparky, I guess we’ll just have to find out... The more we know about that Red guy, the more we’ll find about what’s going on around here, and what happened to us as well...” he exclaimed blankly, looking downward, “We’ll play that guy’s little game for a little while longer... Speaking of which, I better update what I’ve seen, and report those strange Arbok as well...”

As Leo put the pokegear to his ear and logged his info to a secret voice message box, Sparky whimpered, looking to Leo sadly in a small cry, “Pika pi...”

---

When Leo was finished, he placed all his items away into his bag, including the pokegear and binoculars, and tried to find some sleep in the tree with Sparky wrapped in his arms. They shivered as a small cold breeze passed them, but they both fell asleep all the same.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alex walked around leisurely, his hands behind his head. "I'll help with guarding...I have insomnia so I get almost no sleep anyway." Alex sat back against a tree and brushed some leaves next to him. "This stuff just gets weirder and weirder..." Alex waved to a few as the left for their tents and played with one of the pokeballs on his belt. "Come on out, Arcanine." It burst out with a howl. "Calm down, buddy." Alex brushed his hand over its head and it rolled over onto the ground. "Good job with those Arbok, I'm real proud of ya." He sighed and proceeded to scratch the giant dog as it kicked it's leg.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I drifted into sleep quickly, my mind beginning to dream.

I was looking through a glass of some kind. Whatever it was it had a green tint. It took me a moment to realize that I was floating in a liquid of some kind. Three people in white coats walked in front of the glass. "He's awake sir." The man with a bead walked in front of me, "Good. We should test his blood and see how the project has progressed." A woman spoke up, "He seems to be regaining some consciousness sir. Should we induce another coma?" He grabbed his chin, "After we have his blood put him back in. We can't take any chances of anything dangerous progressing and ruining him." My eyes closed and everything was dark.

I sat up in my sleeping bag. Gallade poked his head in, "Everything ok?" I looked at him, "Yeah." He frowned, "Well you were talking about something about blood." I looked at my hands, "It was nothing, just a dream."

((After everyone takes a shift then we'll continue to Pastoria. I was planning on being the last one to take watch.))

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I couldn't sleep. It just wasn't happening for me. The attack, all the events afterwards..... I had no idea what to think. I knew that I would continue. But I just didn't know how....
Deciding to make something of my sudden insomnia, I left the tent. Psystone followed me, keeping guard. I gave him a couple of treats, then walked over to Alex. "Hey, man, I'll take the next shift. You go ahead and try to get some sleep."
What was really bugging me was this Isaac character. What could compel you to infect a kid with a virus that makes pokemon evil? And how? Throughout my shift, my mind ran in circles through this series of thoughts... my world had been turned upside down. All I had wanted was an adventure. Now I was going to save all the Pokemon of Sinnoh. Maybe the world. Or was I....? Eventually, I nodded off into a dreamless sleep, Psystone taking my shift over....

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next