It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Return of the Trick Master? 
Author Message
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 957
Location: Tealand
Wouldn't it be cool if they brought him back? You know, with better puzzles and more useful prizes. He said he was "going off to explore the world" or something. Why can't he show up in the player's hometown? Then you would have a reason to go back there, and you could do his first challenge early on in the game. People could post their puzzle ideas here.

_________________
Unleash the Power of the Sun
Image


Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
or he could show up in different places, at different times.
i want to fight the trick master in a pokemon battle.... idk y, i just think it would be cool.
maybe a mirror house, or a house where every movement you make changes something in the house (forcing you to take a certain path without messing up).
a house filled with people!!! just most of them disappear when you touch them, and the others fight you.
i'll just stop here....

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
I'm not familiar with the trick master, but I'd be up for more mini-games whenever possible.

Personally, I think there need to be mini-games that give EVs and experience points - yeah, pokemon is generally about the battling, but I see no reason why someone can't level up their pokemon and train it doing contests (ugh), or mini-games. Makes it feel less like cockfighting and more like raising pets. Who occasionally use specialized attacks to beat the snot out of that wild dog that attacks you on the way to market. :P


Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 829
Location: In a Secret Hideout
You play as a regular person in the pokemon world, not a Pokemon TRAINER?

Nah


Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 am
Posts: 553
If they put the Trick Master in B&W, that would be so awesome! I actually missed him. And I agree with rex09 with the show up in different places idea. He could show up in different places with a magic tent or something.


Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:58 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 616
Location: hiding in my hoenn secret base
:P he would be great to see again

maybe he could battle after the last puzzle and have a gimmick filled team

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici



I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.


Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 555
Location: That's between me and the Danes...
Maybe all of his Pokémon know Trick and Trick Room. :P

_________________
Final Black Team:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 614
Location: Coming soon to a store near you!
I wouldn't mind another trick master, well, the same one in a different region. and also more valuble prizes maybe...

_________________
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VFUEj21.png[/img]


Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:21 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
Ya that be cool but what would be cooler would be if he was a gym leader and you face at the end of three or four puzzles and can beat new puzzles after you beat him


Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:09 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
Jaypokes wrote:
Ya that be cool but what would be cooler would be if he was a gym leader and you face at the end of three or four puzzles and can beat new puzzles after you beat him

i disagree with the gym leader bit, but think it would be cool if the gyms' layouts/puzzles changed for the second match.....
fighting the trick master outside of the gyms would be fine with me, however. plus, i'm curious as to what his team would be.....

_________________
Image


Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
some thing like smergal for being a wildcard/painter ditto again wilcard porygon normal 2 or z for being a mystery Unown T for Trick and being a mystery a psy pokemon and a fighting because of the style of his house (sry about spelling)


Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
Jaypokes wrote:
some thing like smergal for being a wildcard/painter; ditto again, wilcard; porygon normal, 2, or z for being a mystery; Unown T for Trick and being a mystery; a psy pokemon; and a fighting because of the style of his house (sry about spelling)

i think you meant it to be more like this??? and this is about what his team would be, rite?? i agree with the smeargal, ditto, and porygon, but not really much else. well, the psychic pokemon i do agree with. tho, i think a togepi with metronome, and a trick room poke (snorlax, lol) would be better choices. just to fit with the theme.

maybe they could have him sponsor something in the battle frontier. or the equivalent of contests/pokeathlons. rather than a gym leader.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:34 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
rex09 wrote:

i think you meant it to be more like this??? and this is about what his team would be, rite?? i agree with the smeargal, ditto, and porygon, but not really much else. well, the psychic pokemon i do agree with. tho, i think a togepi with metronome, and a trick room poke (snorlax, lol) would be better choices. just to fit with the theme.

maybe they could have him sponsor something in the battle frontier. or the equivalent of contests/pokeathlons. rather than a gym leader.


i agree about the psychic pokemon i just put i the because i think you have to be smart to do what he did and whats smarter than a psychic Pokemon i didn't like the idea to much even tho i posted it


Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
maby kelleon and sudowodo for being hiden


Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 289
Location: i'm not tellng where i live, Stalker....
he will HAVE to be in the hoenn remake, that's for sure.

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage


Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:57 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
i do not think there will be a honnen remake


Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
if the did yes they would have to make him


Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 131
Location: Tall grass
There isn't a real reason to remake Hoenn...

Although the Trick House was the best part of Gen III

_________________
2x4b wrote:
OCCULAR BLEEDING IS THE ONLY REASON TO IGNORE VIDEO GAMES!

Image


Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 614
Location: Coming soon to a store near you!
GollyGreg wrote:
There isn't a real reason to remake Hoenn...

Although the Trick House was the best part of Gen III

No there isn't, not yet, and i wouldn't say it was the best part (battle frontier?)

_________________
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VFUEj21.png[/img]


Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1309
best part =/= trick master or the battle frontier
anyways, i'm pretty sure the point of this thread was to discuss puzzle ideas if he came back.... just saying.
i think a puzzle kinda like the distortion world would be interesting... just instead of trees and rocks disappearing/reappearing, it could be people. (think i mentioned that earlier....)

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 614
Location: Coming soon to a store near you!
rex09 wrote:
best part =/= trick master or the battle frontier
anyways, i'm pretty sure the point of this thread was to discuss puzzle ideas if he came back.... just saying.
i think a puzzle kinda like the distortion world would be interesting... just instead of trees and rocks disappearing/reappearing, it could be people. (think i mentioned that earlier....)

Yeah, one like the disortion world would be pretty cool.well, IF there was to be one in Gen V the 3D graphics could maybe create a much beter/trickier rooms.

_________________
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VFUEj21.png[/img]


Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 131
Location: Tall grass
Alright then. *In my opinion*, the Trick House was the best part of Gen III.

On topic:
I don't know. The Trick Master seemed to make you use HMs a lot, but never made you use any water based ones. You think there could be a water/water current type level?

_________________
2x4b wrote:
OCCULAR BLEEDING IS THE ONLY REASON TO IGNORE VIDEO GAMES!

Image


Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 555
Location: That's between me and the Danes...
On a slightly-related note, has anyone ever played the Trick Master puzzles on the Pokémon ShinyGold hack? I thought those puzzles were REALLY well-designed.

_________________
Final Black Team:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere......
GollyGreg wrote:
There isn't a real reason to remake Hoenn...

Although the Trick House was the best part of Gen III

Actually, there is a certain pattern in remakes...
RSE=FRLG
DPP=HGSS
So, if there is a BW, then there should be a Magma Ruby, Ocean Sapphire (seeing that this time its gems we're talking about)

_________________
Image
From the Pokemon art gallery. It's art,man!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !


Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere......
GollyGreg wrote:
There isn't a real reason to remake Hoenn...

Although the Trick House was the best part of Gen III

Actually, there is a certain pattern in remakes...
RSE=FRLG
DPP=HGSS
So, if there is a BW, then there should be a Magma Ruby, Ocean Sapphire (seeing that this time its gems we're talking about)

_________________
Image
From the Pokemon art gallery. It's art,man!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !


Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.