It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Dusclops? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So in an albeit foolhardy attempt to revamp Dusclops. I have found two seemingly gimmicky sets... Everyone knows that his Stat Distribution is almost specifically meant for tanking, and Trap Room. I have been looking at attempting to create an offensive Dusclops via Baton Passing either Calm Minds/Nasty Plots or Bulk Ups/Swords Dances depending on the stat you'd like to sweep with.

Dusclops has
40- Hp
70- Physical Attack
130- Physical Defense
60- Special Attack
130- Special Defense
25- Speed

However... His Special and Physical move pools are very wide and diverse.

Special
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Hyper Beam
(sadly it lacks Focus Blast/Energy Ball/ Thunder Bolt)
Hidden Power can compensate for these moves though (slightly)

Physical
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Focus Punch
Brick Break
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Punch
Sucker Punch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Giga Impact

His low attack stats let him down when attempting to use them though. I have done some calculations and after two Nasty Plots are passed to Dusclops with 252 hp - 161 Def - 48 SpA/SpD

1HKOs Max Special Defense Max Hp Careful Hitmontop with Psychic
1HKOs Max bulky Altaria with Ice Beam
2HKOs Max Bulky Claydol Shadow Ball
2HKOs Max Bulky Mismagius with 1 or 2 Calm Minds with Shadow Ball
3HKOs Max Bulky Milotic with HP Electric

Now for the physical set calculations. These are done after two Swords Dances are passed to Dusclops with 252 hp- 161 SpD - 48 Atk/Def

2HKOs max bulky Bastiodon with Brick Break
2HKOs max bulky Blastoise with Thunder Punch
2HKOs max bulky Aggron with Brick Break
2HKOs max bulky Cloyster when Dusclops is Adamant with Brick Break
2HKOs max bulky Mismagius with Shadow Sneak
2HKOs max bulky Rotom with Shadow Sneak
2HKOs max bulky Meganium with Fire Punch

However if you decide to pass Calm Minds and Bulk Up to increase Dusclops survivability

Two Bulk Ups
Altaria with 4 DDs attacking with Dragon claw does a measly 87 damage while Dusclops can 1HKO with Ice Punch
Azumarill does 87 damage while Dusclops can 2HKO at the very least with Thunder Punch
Blaziken 3HKOs with Flare Blitz
Cacturne 2HKOs with Sucker Punch
Absol 2HKOs with Non-Crit Night Slash

Two Calm Minds
I think we get the point that just about everything in the UU tier will be need to hit 2 or more times to kill while the Dusclops will either do the same or better. (me getting lazy on calcs XD)

Last edited by RavenTheClaw on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the idea. Nasty Plot Dusclops could be a decent UU tank especially on a trick room team.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's s.atk is 10 less but they are only 70/60 base, way to low to sweep even with boosts, and having to add trick room makes it even worse. Duslcops stats can't do much more than tank. if your looking for a ghost in UU to pass boosts to sweep use banette or rotom.

Also your entire post aside for the last bit is very hard to make sense of. :/

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hope it makes more sense now... :D

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, his base SpAtk isn't very good, but with a modest/quiet nature and 252 evs, he reaches 480 after a nasty plot. That's not too shabby, and with his bulk, you might even be able to nasty plot multiple times depending on the situation. I reccomend an ev spread of 252 HP/4 DEF/252 SATK

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

480 ain't bad but most other NP users typically hit 700+ with one boost, also the NP boost has to be BP'd to Dusclops, it does not learn it.

In general it does have the movepool to make an effective tank with BU or CM I say:

For bulk up passing (Blaziken is best for BU passing, as Medicham would share the ghost weakness)
Careful
252HP 56Atk 200s.def
-Shadow punch /Shadow sneak
-Brick break
-Rest /Pain split
-Sleep Talk / F-I-L Punch

Basic Rest+talk but would be rather strong with a bulk up or two passed. Pain split would work almost as well, more open to status but shadow sneak becomes a more viable option.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, Modest Crobat hits 524 and Timid Mismagius hits 618 (my favorite ghost)

You might consider passing Dusclops SD instead since he has a decent physical movepool, though he does lack any decent physical STAB

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Most likely i wouldn't be passing anything less than 2 of anything unless I had to. Of course, there would be multiple recipients for the passer to pass to. I just thought that Dusclops would have this suprise factor that it 2HKOed their max bulky Cloyster with Brick Break, or that Mismagius would only be able to get in one sub that would be broken by Shadow Ball. Plus She only can stand up too a 2HKO if she has 4 Calm Minds in.

My main thinking was that it would be a surpise to see Dusclops even try a sweep. I it has this undeniable factor of being underrated, and therefore people are just gonna act like it is nothing. They'll then realize after theey were just 2HKOed by a Dusclops.

I was just trying to think of a new way to use him... He can still run Will-O-Wisp to help with his sweep. Thunder Punch can paralyze. I still think he can be the great tank we knew him to be. Just his EVs would have to be dedicated. I only ran the minimum attack i could while Dusclops can still take a few hits from the other side

In trick room he'd be a beast to deal with. Which was how i was planning on using him. Have a Baton Pass lead get some stat ups in.... pass to Dusclops, Trick Room, and attempt a sweep. Try and get in one or two more Calm Minds if you decide to special sweep.(Risk Coverage in exchange for more power/survivability)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If your looking to BP Bulk Ups, my personal favorite is floatzel. good speed, too, and solid attack.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Destiny Bond

On my team I have have dusknoir to set up trick room for the rest of the team
this of course leaves him vunerable to damage the first turn, shortening its life span
Now because of its bulkyness it survives just fine, now with trick room it gets to move 1st almost all the time
because of it bulkiness most likely your foe will need to use a standard priority move to KO you, this is were destiny bond works great
when dusknoir is about to be KO use destiny bond to take them out as well, However my bulky dusknoir lasted 4 turns max so don't expect a dusclops to last that much longer

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This has nothing to do with this topic, but if you want to do a suicide trick room lead, banette with a focus sash works amazingly.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Blastiose_ex wrote:
This has nothing to do with this topic, but if you want to do a suicide trick room lead, banette with a focus sash works amazingly.

No one said He was a lead.

RavenTheClaw wrote:
In trick room he'd be a beast to deal with. Which was how i was planning on using him. Have a Baton Pass lead get some stat ups in.... pass to Dusclops, Trick Room, and attempt a sweep.

Dusclops and Dusknoir are very straight foreward, Brick Break and a Shadow Punch/Sneak, as these two types hits All pokemon to date for neutral damage at least. Raven already said that it was going to run trick room, And I was saying that destiny bond is a great move because after trick room is in effect you should be able to get it in before you get KO'd garenteing you take down your opponent.

Destiny bond would only be used once duskclops can't finish the foe in 1 hit and is about to be KO'd

also to give a better sense of how low base 70 attack is Mudkip, Aron and Paras have a base AT of 70 and Paras gets SD, 60 base SA is the same as Cyndaquil and Koffing Ever been sweep by a Team Rocket koffing?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I realise the low Base attack... The pokes you listed however would never be able to take hits as well as Dusclops. Please don't think I'm an idiot. I really did leave smogon because they were smug shmucks who treated me with contempt. The only thing that Destiny Bond would work for is a last ditch move. Which hopefully wouldn't be what this is for. This Dusclps is really designed to take hits and hit back harder with a super effective or strong move. Destiny Bond could work on the special to perhaps remove a potential wall or sweeper. I will consider it. Please keep the peace.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know your not an idiot, its just that i was pointing out how hard it would be to sweep compared to conventional sweepers,

Also ghost/fighting hits everything for neutral damage, but Ice/ground hits the most for super Effective damage, throw in a ghost move to cover Bronzong and Shedinja or Keep Destiny Bond, which still will KO at least 1 more pokemon, because even the best sweepers risk getting KO'd

so consider Ice Punch and Earthquake instead of Shadow Punch/sneak and Brick break,

Don't worry I don't like Smogon either, I have the same feelings too, they think that they Know Every thing, and that their way is the only way

also also If your so againest smogon then why are you worried about Tiers? The only Tier that people here usaully care about is the Uber tier, with the exection of special Tier Based Competitions that are Ocasionally held.

In other words why not up grade to dusknoir, with a base AT Stat of 100 its gets pushed up to the ranks of Tauros and Regirock, plus all it other stats get boosted as well, don't worry Speed is still low enough

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I dislike the people... I think though that they have the right idea with the tiers. Their tiers are very balanced(IMO). I'll gladly abide by their tiers... I can also gladly do without their people.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think that would make a cool alternate to the more common use as a tank.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Bonez wrote:
I think that would make a cool alternate to the more common use as a tank.

Thank you! That was the point. :D

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]