It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Which pokemon for the poke league? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi

I now got five great pokemon in my team but I can't decide which one to pick to be my sixth member.

I got:

A lv 46 Kadabra (Teleport, Psybeam, Psychic, Confusion)
A lv 46 Hitmonlee (Strength, Earthquake, Brick Break, Mega Kick)
A lv 45 Victreebel (Solar Beam, Acid, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder
A lv 49 Charizard (Flamethrower, Ember, Aerial Ace, Fly)
A lv 50 Dragonair (Surf, Thunder, Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw)

I got a few options. I have the three legendary pokemon (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos) at level 50. I have a Gyrados, Aerodactyl (both low level but can be trained), Machoke (46) Marowak (46) Onix (46) Rapidash (37) Persian (37)
Those are all my level 37 and up Pokemon. Which one will suite my team best or do I have to catch another one.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry, I'm confused, which is your team, and which is the list of pokemon you're considering for the 6th spot?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh I'm sorry. The first 5 are my current team (described with attacks) and the last ones are a possible choice. But I of course can catch or train other pokemon

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay. Well then, here's my opinion.

Given that you are already somewhat heavy on flying types (Charizard and Dragonite), I would not recommend using any of the legendary birds, Gyarados, or Aerodactyl. Likewise, I would not use Machoke or Rapidash, as you already have a Fighting type and a Fire type. That leaves Marowak, Onix, and Persian, of the ones you have listed. If you can trade, and thus can evolve the Onix into a Steelix, I would probably go with that one; otherwise, I would probably favor Marowak over the other two.

As for choosing a different pokemon than one you listed, that's really a matter of preference. I would just follow the general guideline of avoiding pokemon types that you already have in your team (a dual type might be okay, if one of its types is not already in your team but the other is).

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OMG i just beat the Elite 4 with 5 pokemon (and a kabuto with an exp share on it
Haha I thought this would be quite a challenge but I'm doing okay. Don't think my rival is a problem now

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]