It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Unofficial Psypoke Gym League: Leader Placement Tournament 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Beat Psychic_Espeon_16 6-1

Also Mektar, Cactuar you really shouldn't post your moves/items in a tourney thread were your next opponent will read.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I didn't say anything about my team. Don't let me catch you telling people about it, Cactuar!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, you were posting his items which I'm sure he won't appreciate.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright, so I'm just waiting on TheKid to PM me back so we can battle, and then we can move onto the next round.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Now then will the second round pairings be up today or tomorrow?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

um...chef, our team and items are already posted in the gym leader application thread '.'

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, so TheKid and I never managed to set up a battle since he's apparently been away, but he agreed to be one of the "lower" tier Gym Leaders. Plus, he never actually acknowledged in this thread that he had a battle. I guess that means I advance by default? I'm going to go edit in the next round now.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:
Shina's right; you guys can switch out your wild cards or even your entire teams-midtourney as long as at least 5 of your Pokemon fit you Gym theme. And to answer any questions the tournament will follow all rules outlined in the original post (I believe). Basically, no Ubers, Item Clause, Evasion Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, and maybe something else I missed. Oh well, it's late.

It may reveal your changes if you made any.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

oh okay. well, please ignore my noobish response then. @_@

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just sent Ryder a PM. Hopefully we can get it done today while we are both on at the same time.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So once this round is over the remaining 3 will fight "round-robin" to determine the champ? Also does the champ keep his gym along with being the champion?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I beat Ryder so I advance. I almost lost one of them but I got lucky.

Edit-Ryder didn't quite understand what went on, so we are having a standard singles to decide it all.

Edit-Ryder and I had our rematch and I won it.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@MasterChef: I was going to leave that up to the Champion. The way I see it, if you win the tournament, your Gym is obviously the strongest we've got and could overcome many of the challengers. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But if you become champ and decide you want to go with your "normal" competitive team then by all means you can do that as well.

@Shina: I'll edit the thingy now. Thanks for informing me.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

congratulations, shina. it was a fun battle. showed me a lot of what i need to improve on. someday ill beat you. ^^

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryder wrote:
someday ill beat you. ^^

(echoes in the distance, and then the show ends with a "To Be Continued....") :P

You guys should save some of the battles and post them in the GTS. Then give us the numbher so we can see them cuz i kinda wanna see them. They sound like they're gonna be good.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Imma gonna try and do that. Also my new phone (the HTC Hero) has a video camera, once I get a video uploaded onto my VS Recorder I'm gonna see how it works, and by that I mean the quality, and maybe just upload it to YouTube, if the quality is good enough.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

when can we challenge the gym leaders? and also if the champion is beeaten then does it change or stay?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
when can we challenge the gym leaders? and also if the champion is beeaten then does it change or stay?

The placement tournament isn't over. Yes once the champion is beaten it changes.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:

You guys should save some of the battles and post them in the GTS. Then give us the numbher so we can see them cuz i kinda wanna see them. They sound like they're gonna be good.

Sounds like a good idea. I saved my battle with Cactuar, I'll post it and give you the number after the tourney.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm sorry to you all, but I'm withdrawing from the tournament now with Mektar advancing to the finals. My life this past month has just been absolute hell and I can't get anything to fall in place right. I haven't slept in 3 weeks straight and I'm just barely finding the time to even check this website. The final round will be posted momentarily when I edit the post. Sorry everyone, I'll just stay a leader.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Understood, So a 3-way between Mektar, Shina and me. And champ goes to the one who wins best?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You are right MasterChef. But I'm in this to win it.

EDIT-After reading the front page I don't like the whole "champion is decided by who has the best record." I mean if one of us ends up with two wins and the other ends up with two wins it shouldn't be decided because one person had a 3-0 whilst another had a 1-0. I just feel like it wouldn't be fair to the other because they could have played equally as good but just decided to throw some Pokemon away at the end. I'm just saying it should come down for these final matches who has the most wins, and if two people end up with two wins then they do a standard singles to decide it all.
EDIT-Mektar conceeded the loss to me. He also said he doesn't really want to be the Champ so I guess he is out leaving my only opponent left is Chef.

EDIT-I beat Chef, so either way this goes down I guess I'm the Champ, I don't know if Mektar is still in it but I don't know.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Well, I lost to Shina and Chef hasn't been online in the timeframe he proposed. I'll just forfeit the match to Chef and take leader spot number seven. That means Chef is eight and Shina is the champ.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sorry mektar, just been a bit busy this week. But I'm fine with the order. But let's battle sometime mid-next week for the heck of it.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also Chef I still feel really dirty about our match, it could have and should have went the other way.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next