Generation V: Too Far?!?!? 

For or against?
Bring on Gen 5! 86%  86%  [ 56 ]
Stop, before it goes too far! 14%  14%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 65

Generation V: Too Far?!?!? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah. you people are insane. so far, some of these pokemon are looking a little wierd... but hey. theres still ALOT more to come. and when they run out of ideas i will be shocked. just think about it. most pokemon are based off real living creatures, with added elements. and there is TONS of creatures out in the world. and the evolutions for such creatures is easy because you don't need some completely new animal to make an evolution out of. so i don't see how they will run out of ideas anytime soon. i haven't seen a hedgehog yet. or a vulture. or a goat. theres tons of possibilities.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
yeah. you people are insane. so far, some of these pokemon are looking a little wierd... but hey. theres still ALOT more to come. and when they run out of ideas i will be shocked. just think about it. most pokemon are based off real living creatures, with added elements. and there is TONS of creatures out in the world. and the evolutions for such creatures is easy because you don't need some completely new animal to make an evolution out of. so i don't see how they will run out of ideas anytime soon. i haven't seen a hedgehog yet. or a vulture. or a goat. theres tons of possibilities.

Yes. efinatly. This is what i say to those who say they're running out of ideas.
I'm looking forward to B/W a lot. They should release it already.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, but it's up to you to translate it from japanese to english.....lol

anybody who says that it's too far should really just leave the forums..... not trying to be mean, but i'm pretty sure that in one or two years, this whole website will mainly be used for discussing or giving info about gen V.... just saying..... (but then again, wth do i know)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
okay, but it's up to you to translate it from japanese to english.....lol

anybody who says that it's too far should really just leave the forums..... not trying to be mean, but i'm pretty sure that in one or two years, this whole website will mainly be used for discussing or giving info about gen V.... just saying..... (but then again, wth do i know)

No thanks, id prefer the wait.
And....thats exactly the point, i joined the forums just before HG/SS info started to be leaked and 'Sinnoh Region' was the main forum of discussion and then HG/SS forum was the main area of discussion and now Isshu region is. (And will be for the forseeable future~ Or until a new game is released anyway)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

for the HGSS forum dying i blame the "oh hai r8 my teemz plz kthxbai" n00bs that suddenly invaded from nowhere. that, and the fact that i find diamond to be a much better game (everything's too low-levelled to have fun in HGSS... if feels like i can't even train properly). hopefully we never have games like that (the whole low-levelled deal).
back on track: Gen V won't be too far, i think. at gen X, tho, we need to either have an uber-big-awesome-sauce party, or really consider why we need to have that many (if it goes beyond gen VI, which it probably will, i think they should go back to having to complete each region's dex to get the star, not the whole frickin' national dex.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
for the HGSS forum dying i blame the "oh hai r8 my teemz plz kthxbai" n00bs that suddenly invaded from nowhere. that, and the fact that i find diamond to be a much better game (everything's too low-levelled to have fun in HGSS... if feels like i can't even train properly). hopefully we never have games like that (the whole low-levelled deal).
back on track: Gen V won't be too far, i think. at gen X, tho, we need to either have an uber-big-awesome-sauce party, or really consider why we need to have that many (if it goes beyond gen VI, which it probably will, i think they should go back to having to complete each region's dex to get the star, not the whole frickin' national dex.

I wouldn't really know, i've not got HG/SS yet so...
And yeah that would be a good idea.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

YES. i absolutely hate national dex. the regions dex is easy, and i enjoy getting all those (for some reason) but national dex is a chore and i have never fully gotten it. almost got it in my diamond game, but then i lost that. I don't think they're should be a national dex in gen5. there probably will though because otherwise this dream thing they're talking about in corocoro wouldn't be needed.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

nonono, there should be a national dex, but we shouldn't have to complete the whole d@mn thing every time we want to get a star. and every time, there are more and more pokemon. that's why the regional dex should be the new requirement for the star. of course, stars don't really matter, but still....

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

People are thinking too negatively about this game and how everything is too different. One thing people complain about is that it has full 3-D. This is not relly 3-D it is just different camera angles(alot of games havethem). Secondly the pokemon are probably les drastically changed than in emerald which was also a big step for the pokemon games. Personally i think that most of the pokemon are pretty origanal some well could have been beter and i can also think of about a thousand more pokemon without repeating the same consept. Basically im trying to say dont knock it till you try it and im sure that you all felt the same way about emerald and diamond.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AltariaKid82 wrote:
People are thinking too negatively about this game and how everything is too different. One thing people complain about is that it has full 3-D. This is not relly 3-D it is just different camera angles(alot of games havethem). Secondly the pokemon are probably les drastically changed than in emerald which was also a big step for the pokemon games. Personally i think that most of the pokemon are pretty origanal some well could have been beter and i can also think of about a thousand more pokemon without repeating the same consept. Basically im trying to say dont knock it till you try it and im sure that you all felt the same way about emerald and diamond.

nothing was new in emerald except for the plot and the way you acquire some of the new legendaries. why?? Because they'd had those pokes in Ruby and Sapphire. i don't know about a thousand different concepts, either. and by 3D, are you talking about the camera angle?? sorry to sound kinda rude and mean, but you're really not making much sense.... btw, welcome to psypokes...

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
i haven't seen yet. a vulture.

the new bird is supisously vulture looking and really cool.

it might break the curse of normal/flying imo

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
AltariaKid82 wrote:

nothing was new in emerald except for the plot and the way you acquire some of the new legendaries. why?? Because they'd had those pokes in Ruby and Sapphire. i don't know about a thousand different concepts, either. and by 3D, are you talking about the camera angle?? sorry to sound kinda rude and mean, but you're really not making much sense.... btw, welcome to psypokes...

When he says 'emerald' i think he means 3rd gen as a whole.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

gen V will work, and how can u know it won't. i am betting( Highlight to view spoiler.
$5(AUD) )that pokemon, as a whole, will die after the second Hoenn generation.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

KingErick wrote:
Magikarps_Beast wrote:
i haven't seen yet. a vulture.

the new bird is supisously vulture looking and really cool.

it might break the curse of normal/flying imo

sorry, it's an eagle. i kinda always thought of pidgeot as an eagle though.... but w/e. maybe it won't be normal/flying, but flying/some other random type, like, uh.... fighting!!! yeah!!! whoop!!! [/sarcasm]

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
sorry, it's an eagle. i kinda always thought of pidgeot as an eagle though.... but w/e. maybe it won't be normal/flying, but flying/some other random type, like, uh.... fighting!!! yeah!!! whoop!!! [/sarcasm]

or mabey it isn't flying at all???

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i definantly think it's flying. maybe like fearow was. except i don't think it will have a pre-evo. and i just noticed they do have a hedgehog. that shaymin thing. or whatever its name is. its a hedgehog in my opinion. but no goat!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
i definantly think it's flying.

it was a joke.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well my bad, i'm sorry your sense of humor comes off a little vague over the internet.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aslong as there is not more evolutions of {bidoof}.

maybe 1 more eeveelution. Please not another rock type first gym :/

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
well my bad, i'm sorry your sense of humor comes off a little vague over the internet.

it was kind'a bad.

and no more eeveelutions, plz. we already hav to put up with glaceon.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2