It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 What do you want in future Pokemon Games? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would like to be able to get all the pokemon WITHOUT trading. I dont have anyone to trade with so it is hard for me to get good pokemon. If you can help me with my game, E-mail me at klwcms@yahoo.com.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

1. Explore all regions, choosing one to start in.
2. Character creation, similar to pokemon battle revolution, but expanded.
3. Full 3d, like colosseum.
4. More realised contest system that has contests in every city and at the beginning you can choose wether to go to go to a contest or a gym, then in order to progress, you'll do the one that you chose in each city. You can still do either if you want however. This would establish contests as being a parallel concept to gyms.
5. Less rare "Shiny" versions. these would be seperate from shiny pokemon and have maybe a 30% rate. These would be very slightly different from the original. This would allow pokemon to be more individual.
6. More dark moves, particularly ones that actually have some attack power.
7. The Ability to join and assist any evil group. (Rocket, Aqua, Magama, Galactic) After wich you would obtain their clothes.

Quote:
Dodging of attacks. Pokemon should have a a new stat called evasion that allows them to dodge attacks.

This kind of already exists.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I agree with theemporer ecspeically about th whole coordinator/trainer thing. I think in order for this to be as fun as battleing they would need to expand what effects moves have. Right now there are only a few (a basic attack, +2 if judges voltage goes up, etc.) Also you should have the option to be a breeder too. And maybe they could include some sort of `contest`like thing were there are judges that rate your pokemon on how `good`they are. Like their nature, IV`s, EV`s, etc.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If I could tell the Pokemon Company how to make a game, I would tell them to make it where it would focus on competitive play. Maybe even make Pokemon Contest's more competitive.

A hardened edition of DPP would do nicely.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Caelum wrote:
If I could tell the Pokemon Company how to make a game, I would tell them to make it where it would focus on competitive play. Maybe even make Pokemon Contest's more competitive.

This I agree with...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
Lawence Codye wrote:
Caelum wrote:

This I agree with...

Personally, I disagree. I'm happy with the transformations the series has gone through thus far, but competitive gaming in Pokemon is basically in a "league of its own" and appeals to a small portion of the older Pokemon community. What about all the kids who love the series? There are so many aspects to competitive battle such as IVs, and EVs, that kids aren't going to understand because it's too much for them. It's better right now that they're hidden values, something we can easily find if we wanted to, but it doesn't confuse the kids either if they don't know about it. Heck, you were a kid once too, and so was I, and when I was playing Red and Blue back in the day, I was so happy I could seemingly understand EVERY aspect of the game - that goes a long way for me. And btw - pokemon contests are so hard to win anyways, IMO. Maybe I'm just not good enough for them, but there's my opinion.

What I do want in a future pokemon game is -
- NO MORE KANTO. We've seen it a total of TEN times already: R,B,Y,G,S,C,FR,LG,HG,SS. Kanto is at the point now where it's overplayed.
- The return of ABOVE GROUND secret bases. I enjoyed those so much more than the ones in D/P/Pt. Especially my base on Rt. 116 that was secluded, and the only way you could get to it was by going through a cave.
- Any HM that is NOT Fly, Surf, or Strength should be made into a PURCHASABLE TM in the Department Stores. I have personally encountered so much frustration because there are too many land TMs needed to traverse the area, and some of these like Defog are useless in my strategy of battle. I also don't want to be forced to teach a water or another type pokemon 3 water type HMs hence making them my HM slave. It's a pain having to move pokemon from party to the box frequently, and I don't want my Gyarados or Dragonite to have to know Surf, Waterfall/Dive (region specific), AND maybe Whirlpool, thus killing the moveset of those poor pokemon. It's so difficult in a type balanced team, with all of the types we do have.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have no idea if any of these were mentioned because i didn't feel like reading though 30 pages of responses
-anyway, here are my ideas

* maybe instead of making new regions, just scrap the origional pokemon world and make the next game take place on a completely different planet with completely new pokemon(to throw away the fail pokemon and balance the types out a bit).
I could go on with this idea for a long time.

*make the pokemon lifestyle not revolved completely about battling. Being able to do other things ingame (ex. part time jobs - using your fighting type to help an old lady move a few heavy boxes, etc.) would be interesting and fun.

*having a higher level cap and more gyms would make the game stretch out a bit longer. Instead of beating about 15 important trainers in 3 days to win the game and getting to level 100, why not have 30+ important trainers to beat and a level cap of about 250-300. It would make the game last a lot longer for the gamer.

*having more than one pokemon out and being able to do more with them would be nice. What's the point of having the pokemon follow you if all you can do is get "Pikachu is staring at you intently"?

*Last thing on my list. The creaters of pokemon should keep what they got right
- secret bases(but with more uses for it)
-contest/athelons (but with more events, they kind of get boring)
-pokewalkers ( I really enjoy these as they make me want to get up and be active once in a while *gasp!* although, i wish they were a little more in depth)

{blissey} Visit my breeding center! {chansey}
my shinies: {shuckle}

HG friend code- 3910-9716-1694

credit to mektar for my Angel and Demon Eevees

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would like for when they run out of ideas that they would have all the regions ever created.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

what about your character ages and has a love intrest such as in Pokemon HeartGold ad SoulSilver if your a guy than thers Lyra and if your a girl you have the other guy.
I mean even Ash grows up in the TV series

love to Lucario

Xionfwy :Lucario:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i agree with xionfwy it would add another dimension to the game.

also the earlier point of a new type in the form of light although adding to an already crowded selection of types would give a natural weakness to dark types as well as adding a type to less obviously placed move like flash, solar beam (which i never thought had anything to do with grass), hyperbeam and possibly aurora beam.

the idea about the parralell of gym and contest adds to the variance of the players personality there may be some players who arent overly struck on completing the gym and league but love the idea of the contests.

i know there maybe a over saturation on eevee already but seeing new evolutions for more of the types would be good eg a dragon type.

i would also lke to see some sort of dragon come electric type seen as water, fire, dark, ground, psychic, steel are all acounted for.

for the moment this is all i can think of.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I might make a topic about this.

this has probably already been talked about, but I think pokemon needs an off shoot that doesnt suck.

IDEA:

The game needs to be in 3D, not DS (or 3DS) but Wii. A 3/4 camera high angle down that has a massive open world and plays generally like the normal games in the respect of going around to gyms, catching pokemon, and the like.

However, similarities would stop there. The major diference would be the genre, forget your basic collection-RPG, what would be epic is an action adventure RPG a-la the Tales series. Upon encountering a trainer, you would send out your pokemon (maybe more than one or even two at a time) and the battle would be a real-time combat system in which you manually control your leader pokemon and use AI for the rest. No more turn based system so attacks would have to be reworked, but you could do things like dodge manually, and certain attacks would have a certain hit radius (ie: growl) that gets larger and stronger not only as the pokemon levels up but also as the ATTACK levels up.

Possibly, the trainer could exp from beating other trainers and when the trainer levels up, you can add exp to your pokemon's moves etc. Trainer level would also have implications for what kind of pokemon you can catch, and follow your orders.

The game would be more of a visceral game with puzzles (actually hard ones) that could actually involve letting your pokemon out in the world map and controlling it to solve puzzles that the trainer cannot get to.

Other mechanics would be altered too, such as gyms, catching pokemon (you would have to aim, perhaps in a first person mini-game esque system in which a livelier pokemon is harder to hit), and character customization.

As for the player, the character could also get involved in fights (sounds ridiculous, but hey.) and possibly preform new actions on the field (jump). This would open the door to all kinds of new level designs and general mechanics, such as building your own gym/house and being able to change camera views.

In essence, combine Tales of Symphonia and Zelda with Pokemon. This would be a whole different genre of pokemon targeting an older audience.

I know this sounds crazy, but what other ideas could a game like this use? Anybody?

Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Everlasting Sapphire's ideas:

--There should be a return to Hoenn and its Battle Frontier at some point because the Sinnoh/Johto one is kind of boring in my opinion. Plus, Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh are on the DS, so why can't Hoenn? Plus, I miss diving underwater and Secret Bases that don't involve going underground and capturing flags.

--A darker and more compelling storyline like Colosseum, XD, and Platinum. Perhaps there could be a wee bit of romance here and there...

--Being able to interact with your Pokemon in between battles. Not like in HGSS, where you just turn around and talk to them. I mean play with them and pet them and whatnot. It could also serve as a way to boost friendship.

--Trainer customization (I think this was said earlier in the thread...) along with Pokemon customization. You could make your Pokemon wear little accessories (like the ones in the Sinnoh contests) but your Pokemon would wear it in battle and while walking around...

--More Eeveelutions~!

That's all I got so far...

Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am glad for all the cooperation you did to make this site very useful, guys. I am really enjoying to read your posts. For me, I wish the future Pokemon battle will be more fun and enjoyable and many more new Pokemon discoveries and powers should come.

Last edited by arje06 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:32 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think that after black and white they should make a game where you can explore the whole Pokemon world and journey from Kanto to Sinnoh. That would be awesome. And to make it progressively difficult, they'd cap the pokemon level limit to 150, and once you have beaten every single gym leader and elite four, you could catch a level 150 Arceus.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think they should increase the amount of moves a single pokemon can learn or remove the limit completely so that you can really have some insane pokemon.
I would also like it if protein and the other stuff that improves the Pokemon stats did not loose their effectiveness or at least you must be able to increase each Pokemon main stat to make it really good at something specific.
Then on the subject of one game that travels the whole pokemon world, that would be awesome, but a lot of pokemon should be region specific otherwise there would not really be a reason to go everywhere, and also each region should have its own evil dudes that would give you something you cant get anywhere else.
Also the pokemon should be able to level up to an insanely high level and each region should be more difficult otherwise you would get to a level where it would become boring.
I have heard an idea that you should be able to start in any region you choose, but then i think that you will need to unlock the other regions by completing a certain task like acquiring a certain amount of gym badges or progressing to certain point in the story.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

roammidnight wrote:
I think they should increase the amount of moves a single pokemon can learn or remove the limit completely so that you can really have some insane pokemon.
I would also like it if protein and the other stuff that improves the Pokemon stats did not loose their effectiveness or at least you must be able to increase each Pokemon main stat to make it really good at something specific.
Then on the subject of one game that travels the whole pokemon world, that would be awesome, but a lot of pokemon should be region specific otherwise there would not really be a reason to go everywhere, and also each region should have its own evil dudes that would give you something you cant get anywhere else.
Also the pokemon should be able to level up to an insanely high level and each region should be more difficult otherwise you would get to a level where it would become boring.
I have heard an idea that you should be able to start in any region you choose, but then i think that you will need to unlock the other regions by completing a certain task like acquiring a certain amount of gym badges or progressing to certain point in the story.

The limit is in place for balance. Removing it would be stupid IMO.

Focusing on 1 stat, like attack, is a bad idea if you dont have good defenses or speed you wont be able to attack.

I agree with you on this one.

Changing the level cap completely changes the dynamic of the game, so I don't know if i want a level 150 pokemon. also, it would need tons of exp to level up.

I also agree with this.

Act Like you know.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, change the level cap, and make it so pokemon gain their stats more slowly (same total stats)

Also, it would be cool if they made a game that was a bit more complex then, i attack you, you attack me, etc. Why not make it so you can move around and such during the battle, similar to pokemon rumble, but on a more complex scale with better graphics and way more moves.

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I enjoy the games as they are, but I would LOVE it if they made a spin-off where you were in one of the evil groups. Personally I'd hope for Team Rocket or Team Aqua. I also like the idea of having all the regions in one game, and having to complete certain tasks in order to unlock them.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, long post ahead...

I've always wanted to make a Stadium-style Pokémon game, ever since I first played Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2 five years.

Basically, my game involves 10 modes:

-Stadium:

My cups are as follows:
-Poké Cup: Same as before but it's a purely level 50 affair, instead of the 155-max rule in the previous games.
-Prime Cup: Same as before.
-Challenge Cup: Same as before.
-Special Cup: Essentially the Battle Arena from the Emerald version.

Has 2 rounds. Again, the same as before.

-Gym Leader Castle:

You face the leagues from the different generations of games, in the same fashion as a Stadium cup. Essentially, you face the Kanto league as they were in Blue/Red/Yellow and then the Johto league as they were in Gold/Silver/Crystal and so on and so forth.

Has 2 rounds. In round 1, a generation limit rule apply to all castles. Basically, you can only use Pokémon based on what generation of games they first appeared in and everything up to that point. So in the Kanto league you (and your opponents) can only use the first 151 Pokémon and then in the Johto you're restricted to using the 251 Pokémon in those games. You get the idea.

The above generation limit rule doesn't apply in round 2.

-Battle Tower
-Mt. Battle or a 100-trainer challenge equivalent
-Free battle
-Fighting Dojo: This is the wifi mode. You can also play the computer with the teams that you have played online.
-Hall of fame: Essentially the same as victory palace in Pokémon Stadium.
-Oak's lab
-Mini-games
-Shop

Anyway, that's my game so far. What do you think?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yea what pokemon truely needs is a real time 3d (completely not rumble that is a 2d still no jumping or real third dimension) battle sequence where one or multiple pokemon are sent out at a time you controling one and having all moves available up to the level you are at including any egg moves tms hms or others things you tought it plus having another form of mode where "younger" pokemon can learn moves from watching battles of "older" pokemon as well as classic methods of move teaching

Have a chance to take care of your pokemon something like sims games where your pokemon get hungry, tired ect. and you must take care of them or they wont do as good in battles, contests, pokethelon, and maybe die eventually instead of having a thousand year old pidgy it would eventualy die in the boxes making each pokemon more valuable and having your expirienced pokemon be worth more

Pokemon have natural relations why not add those to the battle (seviper hate zangoose so if they are on the same team they fight distracting others and hurting themselves ) a team could eventualy completely trust each other giving any team a good synergy

Why not have more starters than just fire grass and water they have plenty of types why not open it up like in mystery dungeon take a quiz get a pokemon but have it open to just about any unevolved form were you could start with a demi legendary or a rattata who knows

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but how about multiple save files? Think about it. How much have you been wanting to just play through a game again just for the heck of it. These files wouldn't have to be interactive with each other (ex: 1 file can't trade with another) but I think having at least 2 save files would be very beneficial and just fun. 1 serious file. 1 fool-around, speedrun, mono-type challenge, etc. file. Does anyone agree?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know, I've always wanted a multi-save file game.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What i want in future pokemon games?

- I wanted 2 or 3 save file game
- Visited Sinnoh and hoenn
- New design of Poke ball
- More EEVEELUTION
- New Pokemon-Type
- New TM/HM
- AND.... DARK-TYPE GYM PLEASEE!!

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What I would want in future pokemon games:

1. Multiple save files
2. Ability to visit all regions
3. More Eveelutions
4. Ability to craft items other than using Kurt to make pokeballs out of Aprikorns, i.e. ethers, elixers, etc

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I want a SOMEONE's PC Garden (PokeStorage Garden) where I can put the pokemon I've caught into tall grass and battle them to help level up OTHER Pokemon.

I'd also like to be able to either purchase or somehow receive as many of any TM that I want.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next