It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Gotta Draw Them All! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, I apparently need to make a new thread to post these properly. I am currently trying to draw all of the Pokemon, and have been wanting to for a long time. My brother got a guide that was supposed to have a poster of all the Pokemon, but it was stolen, so I figure, why not make a giant poster? So here are the first 8:
http://rangerlenara.deviantart.com/#/d2u08ko
http://rangerlenara.deviantart.com/#/d2u08ym
I have another four, but I don't like how I drew them so I'm not posting them.
I'd love it if people would critique me, or even just comment. I wouldn't even mind being told what to draw next, as long as it's one of the first gen (I'll move on to the others later).

Update: Alright then, I have the next three.
http://rangerlenara.deviantart.com/#/d2ut59i
Sorry it took so long; I've been busy. (actually busy, not "I didn't feel like it.") I could only fit Golem, Pidgeot, and Dragonair on the page. And they fail in general. I'm going to go back and redo them later.

So, what now?

Last edited by Refinnej on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the charmander and bulbasaur both kinda look like their faces got squashed. for charmander, i'd try to make more emphasis on his mouth. bulbasaur, less on the ears. and pikachu should have pupils. i love the magnemite and the sandshrew, tho. so first poster = alrite, second poster = pretty good. keep going with this!!!
i would like to see.... hmm.... how about.... golem, pidgeot, dragonair, and venusaur for the next one (plus, then you get a nice color spread with those)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

rex09 wrote:
the charmander and bulbasaur both kinda look like their faces got squashed. for charmander, i'd try to make more emphasis on his mouth. bulbasaur, less on the ears. and pikachu should have pupils. i love the magnemite and the sandshrew, tho. so first poster = alrite, second poster = pretty good. keep going with this!!!
i would like to see.... hmm.... how about.... golem, pidgeot, dragonair, and venusaur for the next one (plus, then you get a nice color spread with those)

Thanks so much! I rarely ever get feedback, so this is awesome. Yeah, Pikachu looks like a zombie; I keep telling myself to fix it, but I never do. Actually, Bulbasaur's my favorite. It's face probably looks squashed because I simplified it so much. And Charmander does need more emphasis on the facial features. But I got green all over it, and was afraid to go further ^.^; They might also look funny 'cause the scanner messes with color and flattens things. I didn't like the Sandshrew because I practically copied the pose from said guide. Poliwag sucks, too.

Also, I actually have four more, but their poses were too copied for me. They were: Squirtle, Dratini, Magikarp, and Oddish.

Gah! You named a bunch of detailed ones! >.< I've been trying to figure out how to draw the birds in a simple way. Venusaur is definitely going to be the toughest; however, challenge is what makes us better. I'll try to get them done by today.

Thanks for commenting! :D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Aww! They're SO CUTE! The Pikachu has no legs though.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
The Pikachu has no legs though.

LOL! I was just gonna that too.

Anyway, they're pretty good Refinnej!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mektar wrote:
Aww! They're SO CUTE! The Pikachu has no legs though.

Lol. Yeah, I did that on purpose to give it an uber simplified look. It was kind of a style that I was trying out. Thanks for the complements, guys! :D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

3 words:simply Epicly awsome

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aw the scanner does kill them.
Draw Far'fetched next. :3

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]