It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Guess who just got.... 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...a licence!

ME~

:D

my instructor was super nice too, not like any of the horror stories we have around here about our DMV. I was sparse on the turn signals and that was about it.

Discuss your licence and permit stories.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First time I took the license test I got the super bitch that fails absolutely everyone for no apparent reason. Second time I got the nice one.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I ran a red light on my test and still got the license. No joke.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

EvilPenguin wrote:

Lol! Was it on a course or a street test?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I never thought getting a drivers license was that hard, I got mine when I was 19 (I had my permit when I was 18 though). I passed the written and driving part in the first try. After I got my license my dad gave me my first car, which I still have.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dan Roswald wrote:
EvilPenguin wrote:

Lol! Was it on a course or a street test?

Street test. I don't think he noticed.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I got my license without any real trouble. The only "mistake" I made was not looking both ways during the three-point turn.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I was pretty nervous to take my test, because for some random things my self-confidence just drops to nothing. I actually waited about 3 full years after getting my permit to attempt it.

As it turns out, I passed it pretty easily on my first try. Though the guy grading me was pretty crazy and Asian...

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:10 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I Passed with ease, got 97% in the end.

The only thing my Instructor told me is that im too cautious when waiting for traffic to clear. ( that was 7 years ago now! )

Current Shinies: Ditto, Pidgeotto, Spinarak.

The Breeding continues.....

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i failed my permit test a few days ago..... i was on the last question, and if i had gotten it right, i would have it by now. but unfortunately, i missed it, and the test was failed..... but at least now i know what the correct answers are, so i should get it next time (i just wish i already had it, because i already know all the laws and everything; the question was one of those, "what do you do in this random situation?" q's.... pissed me off). then i can drive legally.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
i failed my permit test a few days ago..... i was on the last question, and if i had gotten it right, i would have it by now. but unfortunately, i missed it, and the test was failed..... but at least now i know what the correct answers are, so i should get it next time (i just wish i already had it, because i already know all the laws and everything; the question was one of those, "what do you do in this random situation?" q's.... pissed me off). then i can drive legally.

I had to answer some weird question about bike lanes on my written test. I know I got it wrong, but I passed still. I think I got 96% on my test.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

aha, i retested today, and got my permit!!! mwahahahaha!!! or not. btw, just out of curiosity, how many people here are organ donors?? (again, just curious; sorry if it's too personal)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am :3 why not?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 am
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

I remember I got one question wrong on the permit test: something about being able to use a bike lane to make a right turn if the traffic was clear. Growing up in suburbia, the only bike lanes I'd ever seen were about a foot wide, so the idea of using that to make a right turn was a little silly. Turns out the answer was "do it." Oh well.

My license test was on a course after a small snow storm. Aced it. Haven't parallel-parked or done a 90°-backpark since. *shrug* Most annoying thing was having to renew my license on my 21st, as I spend most of the year out-of-state.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jigglypuff wrote:
I remember I got one question wrong on the permit test: something about being able to use a bike lane to make a right turn if the traffic was clear. Growing up in suburbia, the only bike lanes I'd ever seen were about a foot wide, so the idea of using that to make a right turn was a little silly. Turns out the answer was "do it." Oh well.

My license test was on a course after a small snow storm. Aced it. Haven't parallel-parked or done a 90°-backpark since. *shrug* Most annoying thing was having to renew my license on my 21st, as I spend most of the year out-of-state.

Lol, that's actually the question I got wrong too. We don't really have many bike lanes around here, so I had no idea.

I may never parallel or reverse 90 ever again, but I think out of all the parts of the test, I liked that part most.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I decided i wanted to drive a lot later than most( at age 21) iw ent to the DMV got the driving book, made some flashcards for the road signs amd studdied my butt off for the test. When i was ready I went back to DMV and took the test, I passed and got the Learner's Permit. after learning driving for a little while i started to get freaked out and was really scare of what other drivers were doing, i was just too worried to continue so i quit driving, i still have the permit, but i dont know if i'll ever get the liscence. I feel like driving is just something I shouldnt be doing, so i dont know how im going to get around ( my parents drive me to work and back, and to other places).

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]