It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Individual Competitive Pokemon Overviews 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, though this is the best everything pokemon website I have to look elseware for something...
There is a moveset section for some pokemon, but there is no explaination for the moveset or an overview of the pokemon as a whole. When I go to google and look for movesets (for example "Feraligator moveset") it brings me to smogon.com were it has a good, but not great competitive overview of the pokemon.

The site would be perfect for me if It had this kind of section, also if you guys decide to do this I don't think you should go through the trouble of making overviews for NU pokemon and uber legendaries.

Hopefully I haven't made an a@@ of myself and the site already has a section like this :(

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

JX3D wrote:
When I go to google and look for movesets (for example "Feraligator moveset") it brings me to smogon.com were it has a good, but not great competitive overview of the pokemon.

Psypoke isn't a primarily competitive battling community. The members who do battle (myself included) tend to focus on unique, creative sets rather than the standard sets. If you're looking for a place better than Smogon, you'll be looking for a looooong time.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:13 pm
The Geek
The Geek

We have some movesets, yes. Quite honestly, they're one of those things that's going to be on the "to do" list for a while. Smogon's got a great handle on that whole business already, and the amount of work it would take for us to match it here isn't really worth it since we don't have a competitive community. Of course, if we were to gain a larger following of competitive players, that would give the movesets of the Psydex a bit more weight and it would be more likely that someone would find it worth their time to work on them. And by someone I mean FS and Frost, as I believe they did all the movesets currently on the site.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

allrighty

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]