It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Emerald battery run dry 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So my Emerald after four years and over nine hundred hours on several different files has told me that the internal battery has run dry. I know that this affects things like berries, which Eeveelution I can get and TV events. I would like to know what else it affects and is there a way to fix it without buying another Emerald game?

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have the same problem with mine. It kinda sucks. Oh yeah, back to the topic, I don't think theres anymore affects. Well, theres probably more, but I don't know. :(

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Considering how long you played, it seems not to be a big problem (except for Berries, maybe). Other than that, if there are any other time-dependent events (daily, weekly, annual, etc.), they won't work.

Hopefully you have all the Eeveelutions by now... :P

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :wink: 8-) :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Considering how long you played, it seems not to be a big problem (except for Berries, maybe). Other than that, if there are any other time-dependent events (daily, weekly, annual, etc.), they won't work.

Hopefully you have all the Eeveelutions by now... :P

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :wink: 8-) :mrgreen:

Thank you very much AEPMT! :D I do have them all fortunately, although where my clock stopped, it's telling me that I can only get Espeon. :( I duns like Espeon. So no more swarms or Berry Masters or stuff like that I guess. Not too bad. I can just always filch my brother's game and grow my Berries there and my Umbreons.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Eevee Queen of Night wrote:
So no more swarms or Berry Masters or stuff like that I guess. Not too bad. I can just always filch my brother's game and grow my Berries there and my Umbreons.

There's always that! :mrgreen:

Too bad all of the games are mine, and I'm the only family member interested in Pokemon... :(

Glad to help. I would also warn not to quote me, but I can't think of anything else.

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :P :wink:

Writers' Challenge

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

eh?
you can't recharge the game console?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kacho wrote:
you can't recharge the game console?

The internal battery in the game cartridge, not the GBA battery...

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

^
shoo...
will it happen to me as well? @_@

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As unlikely as it seems I think this actually works. It doesn't make any sense to me but my sister's game stopped throwing errors when I tried. This came from a guy on youtube named kip kay. I took out the battery from the game (that was a pain in the neck), then I put the + terminal to the + terminal of a AAA battery. Tape those together for 24 hours then switch AAA batteries and go for 12 hours, then another 12 hours. Surprisingly my sister's game's clock started up. :shock:

Last edited by Pokemaniac1237 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I told you not to quote me. Thank you for pointing it out in your other topic, Pokemaniac1237, about the tides in Shoal Cave. They should always be stuck in one spot. The rest of the events in RSE have to do with Berries and Eevees for time...

AEPMT :D :) :wink: :P :mrgreen:

Writers' Challenge

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have good news, bad news, and a warning.

First, the warning. The battery that is inside the game is a lithium coin batery, and may EXPLODE if recharged. Trying to do so is a dangerous thing, and should be discouraged. Remember, you aren't in the game, and should the battery pull a Geodude, and self-destruct, you cant just go to the nearest Pokémon Center and get healed in a few seconds.

The good news is that replacement batteries are now commonly available. In Canada, they can often be found in the "Dollar Stores", two on a "blister-pack" card, for $1. They are known as either CR-1616. It's a 3-volt lithium coin battery, 16 millimetres across, and 1.6 millimetres thick. For those in the US, it's about the size of a dime.

The bad news is that I don't yet know where you can find a suitable battery holder for one of these little beasties, you need a strange screwdriver to open the game to get at it, and it's spot-welded in place, so soldering experience is very helpful if you plan on changing it yourself. The screwdriver is a #0 or #1 Tri-Wing ? bit, but if you are careful, you can use a very small flat-bladed screwdriver in one of the three wings to remove the screw.

Nintendo spot-welded two tabs to the battery, then soldered those tabs to the game card itself. Some of the larger battery holders (like the one for the CR-2032) are easily available, but they won't fit inside the game case. I'd suggest de-soldering the old battery, prying off the tabs, or drilling through the spot-welds to release the tabs, and using a small elastic band to hold the tabs on the new battery before soldering the tabs back in place. A small piece of double-sided tape between the board and the battery should hold the whole thing in place. It will also be easier to change in the future, since the soldering won't be necessary.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Colin Pye wrote:
I have good news, bad news, and a warning.

First, the warning. The battery that is inside the game is a lithium coin batery, and may EXPLODE if recharged. Trying to do so is a dangerous thing, and should be discouraged. Remember, you aren't in the game, and should the battery pull a Geodude, and self-destruct, you cant just go to the nearest Pokémon Center and get healed in a few seconds.

The good news is that replacement batteries are now commonly available. In Canada, they can often be found in the "Dollar Stores", two on a "blister-pack" card, for $1. They are known as either CR-1616. It's a 3-volt lithium coin battery, 16 millimetres across, and 1.6 millimetres thick. For those in the US, it's about the size of a dime.

The bad news is that I don't yet know where you can find a suitable battery holder for one of these little beasties, you need a strange screwdriver to open the game to get at it, and it's spot-welded in place, so soldering experience is very helpful if you plan on changing it yourself. The screwdriver is a #0 or #1 Tri-Wing ? bit, but if you are careful, you can use a very small flat-bladed screwdriver in one of the three wings to remove the screw.

Nintendo spot-welded two tabs to the battery, then soldered those tabs to the game card itself. Some of the larger battery holders (like the one for the CR-2032) are easily available, but they won't fit inside the game case. I'd suggest de-soldering the old battery, prying off the tabs, or drilling through the spot-welds to release the tabs, and using a small elastic band to hold the tabs on the new battery before soldering the tabs back in place. A small piece of double-sided tape between the board and the battery should hold the whole thing in place. It will also be easier to change in the future, since the soldering won't be necessary.

I was kinda hoping it would explode, so I left it in the abandoned shed behind my house while I did this. :mrgreen:
I know how to get into it and already disconnected the battery. Did it last year. Right know its somewhere in my room.

Last edited by Pokemaniac1237 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

methinks ill just buy a new game rather than use blow torches and exploding batteries 0_0

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

KingErick wrote:
methinks ill just buy a new game rather than use blow torches and exploding batteries 0_0

WHAT!?! You're going to give away a chance for an explosion!?!? Are you MAD!?!? 0_0

Last edited by Pokemaniac1237 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:

but it will go boom and all. you really want to miss a mad-*** explosion.
and if ur really mean, you can prank someone with it(if they die i said nothing)

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Amber Mine wrote:
Pokemaniac1237 wrote:

but it will go boom and all. you really want to miss a mad-*** explosion.
and if ur really mean, you can prank someone with it(if they die i said nothing)

Hey, its best to agree with the insan- SPECIAL!! I SAID SPECIAL! people. You dont want to provoke them.Image

Um, yeah, explosions are dangerous! Why make your house go down in flames with your sister's lame CDs or buy a new battery when you can destroy all your progress and use $30.00 of your money buying an entirely new game? :mrgreen:

Now lets hope he doesn't get angry and go jason on Fri the 13 on all of us. Image

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
Um, yeah, explosions are dangerous! Why make your house go down in flames with your sister's lame CDs or buy a new battery when you can destroy all your progress and use $30.00 of your money buying an entirely new game?

explosions don't hav to b done with fire(though it is fun)
if ur house goes up in smoke then ur going to hav 2 spend more than just $30($25 if it is pre-owned)
and i am still in school and do heaps of cool expolsions in science(the teachers can't get enough of me so they put me on detention just to be with me(jks for all those peeps who think that i would let them do that(i am not stupid))) and the only things u hav 2 do is

1.) do it out side
2.) stand back
3.) anything else u can think of doing that will make it safe(except not doing it koz that would mean no explosion)

and thats it. (if you lose all your data from doing this i do not take responsibility for your own stupidity in doing this, it would be fun for 5 minutes, but after that it will not be fun. this is only a suggestion for something to do in summer if u hav nothing else to do(including game addicts(guys, get out of the house, the sun is not a monster(i quote richie(the benchwarmers)(i love brakets :) ))))

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Amber Mine wrote:
Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
Um, yeah, explosions are dangerous! Why make your house go down in flames with your sister's lame CDs or buy a new battery when you can destroy all your progress and use $30.00 of your money buying an entirely new game?

explosions don't hav to b done with fire(though it is fun)
Splosions r better wit fire
if ur house goes up in smoke then ur going to hav 2 spend more than just $30($25 if it is pre-owned)
I got preowned for $30 and who cares about the house if ur sister's lame CDs die with it. If you dont want the CDs' disappearance to look accidental you can just set them near the game.
and i am still in school and do heaps of cool expolsions in science(the teachers can't get enough of me so they put me on detention just to be with me(jks for all those peeps who think that i would let them do that(i am not stupid))) and the only things u hav 2 do is

1.) do it out side
Or inside deserted & unstable building with your sister and the game near a important support

2.) stand back
3.) anything else u can think of doing that will make it safe(except not doing it koz that would mean no explosion)
sister as a blast shield

and thats it. (if you lose all your data from doing this i do not take responsibility for your own stupidity in doing this, it would be fun for 5 minutes, but after that it will not be fun. this is only a suggestion for something to do in summer if u hav nothing else to do(including game addicts(guys, get out of the house, the sun is not a monster(i quote richie(the benchwarmers)(i love brakets :) ))))

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
I got preowned for $30 and who cares about the house if ur sister's lame CDs die with it. If you dont want the CDs' disappearance to look accidental you can just set them near the game.

wat bout ur CDs? wat if they want to live. also, i don't want 2 live on the street for the rest of my life.

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
sister as a blast shield

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Amber Mine wrote:
Pokemaniac1237 wrote:

wat bout ur CDs? wat if they want to live. also, i don't want 2 live on the street for the rest of my life.
I brought my mp3 player. And i parked the car 10 miles away. It nearly wasnt enough. If I had gone 15 miles there might not be any scorch marks. But it worked long enough with a melting radiator to get to grandma's :mrgreen:

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
sister as a blast shield

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]