It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Unused Elite 4 Types Update 

On a nine-point scale, how do feel to the following note below? (Positive: Glad/Negative: Upset)
Poll ended at Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 pm
4 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
3 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
2 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
1 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
0-Neutual 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
-1 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
-2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
-3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
-4 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

Unused Elite 4 Types Update 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Elite Four should be any of the following unused types: Normal, Water, Grass, Electric, Flying, Rock, or Steel. The Champion's Team should be diverse as well most of the others. I'll keep polls open until the types are confirmed.

UPDATE: Eventhough I known about it about 4 days earlier, I waited until now to state it here.
Poll results after almost 4 months:
Which of the following unused types would you recommend for the Elite Four?
Normal 16% [ 33 ] (GL #2)
Water 13% [ 26 ] (GL #1 for Fire-Starters)
Grass 18% [ 37 ] (GL #1 for Water-Starters)
Electric 21% [ 44 ] (GL #4)
Flying 13% [ 26 ] (GL #6)
Rock 6% [ 12 ] (Unused)
Steel 14% [ 29 ] (Unused)

You may select up to 4 options

Total votes : 207

Actural Elite Four Types (can be any order): Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fighting

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Last edited by sbktdreed on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I agree that the Elite 4 should use the Normal Type, that the Champion & even maybe the final member of the Elite 4 you face should have Type Diversity & finally I agree on the Dark, Dragon & Water types for the Gym Leaders this time around as well...

Also, you do know that the Rock Type was not the themed type of any of the Johto Gym Leaders...so it was used in 3 Regions, not 4!...just saying...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i disagree with using normal type, as few pokemon have this type and another one. this makes it very easy for say a machamp to demolish these trainers (with the right training, of course). i do want to see less-used gym types, but there'll be a point where all of them will have been used, so unless this is the final gen (unlikely in my opinion) we may not see some of those ideas.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lawence Codye wrote:
I agree that the Elite 4 should use the Normal Type, that the Champion & even maybe the final member of the Elite 4 you face should have Type Diversity & finally I agree on the Dark, Dragon & Water types for the Gym Leaders this time around as well...

Also, you do know that the Rock Type was not the themed type of any of the Johto Gym Leaders...so it was used in 3 Regions, not 4!...just saying...

I no longer have recommendations on #2 except not using Normal-Types.
Under further review, the following types for #1 will now be: Dark (Neverused), Poison, Ground, Bug, Dragon (Used once).

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
i disagree with using normal type, as few pokemon have this type and another one. this makes it very easy for say a machamp to demolish these trainers (with the right training, of course).

That's not to say that normal types are completely useless. A pure normal type pokemon typically has a very diverse movepool and has only one weakness (fighting) as well as an immunity (ghost), which is better than many types (even though they don't have any offensive perks). It's usually pretty interesting to see a normal pokemon played well, since they have tons of potential. (My Porygon-Z is one of the best special sweepers I own, but then again, I've only recently gotten into strategic battling) Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an Elite Four member use normal types, as long as they don't totally humiliate them.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 am
Profile YIM
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

& regardless, it needs to be done at some point, why not now...

Also, I recommend these types for the Elite 4;

1. Electric
2. Flying
3. Water
4. Normal

Anyone see anything familiar from me at some point in time?...there is really no excuse for them not to explore Flying & Electric & even Water for that matter...but I won't exactly dispise anyone if they don't make an Elite 4 with the Normal Type as the theme...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Grass, Electric, Steel and Rock.

Grass must showcase powerful pokemon and moves of the type, because as is, grass is suck-ish, NO thanks to Nintendo.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:01 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Id like to see a normal Elite four memeber because the other trainers that you meet in the game that train normaly types have reletivly week pokemon( not including rematches), so a strong normal type trainer is needed

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:17 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Jester wrote:
Id like to see a normal Elite four memeber because the other trainers that you meet in the game that train normaly types have reletivly week pokemon( not including rematches), so a strong normal type trainer is needed

That's true...

& I agree with you on your reasoning for recommending the Grass Type, AceTrainer...we do need one anyway...

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ScizorManiac wrote:
rex09 wrote:
i disagree with using normal type, as few pokemon have this type and another one. this makes it very easy for say a machamp to demolish these trainers (with the right training, of course).

That's not to say that normal types are completely useless. A pure normal type pokemon typically has a very diverse movepool and has only one weakness (fighting) as well as an immunity (ghost), which is better than many types (even though they don't have any offensive perks). It's usually pretty interesting to see a normal pokemon played well, since they have tons of potential. (My Porygon-Z is one of the best special sweepers I own, but then again, I've only recently gotten into strategic battling) Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an Elite Four member use normal types, as long as they don't totally humiliate them.

yeah, but the thing is, if they make it into the E4, they will suck... majorly. i mean, of course normals have a lot of potential. on this i agree with you. but the E4 rarely train their pokemon for stats (or, well, have them created that way) or strategically (which is something I don't do, so why should my video game do it??). that's my main reason. for instance, lorelei in RSE would always go down to 5 leaf blades from my sceptile. without exception. ghost types have so much potential too, but it was so easy to destroy her. hope this clears up my reasoning.
Grass type would be cool. make it an E4 member instead of an early gym leader. could be interesting. but if we go that route, i vote for water and rock as well. mostly cuz water types are used, and not water trainers. electric is another one that needs to graduate into E4-dom..... but for some reason which i can't explain, i'm simply against steel. maybe because it's usually folded into another gym leader/e4 member, like ground or something.... hmmm....

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:55 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Why are Steel and Water in this? We've already had Steven and Wallace.

I voted for Grass, Flying, Normal and Electric - the only four types that have been completely unused as an Elite Four member or Champion's type, since Steven and Bruno were both kind of Rock trainers too.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frost wrote:
I voted for Grass, Flying, Normal and Electric - the only four types that have been completely unused as an Elite Four member or Champion's type, since Steven and Bruno were both kind of Rock trainers too.

I'm curious as to why you counted Steven and Bruno as Rock type trainers but didn't count Lance as a Flying type user.

I voted Electric, Normal, Grass, and Rock, by the way.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, let's see, i voted for... nothing. because this poll's been edited kinda majorly since i voted. hmmm, but if i could, electric, grass, water, and rock, mostly because i'm against normal and steel. i'm not against flying, but it's just not one of my major votes.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I voted for Normal, Grass, Electric, and Steel. I know Frost said that why is Steel is in there but I think it would be cool again if they had it again.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

pokemon_god wrote:
I voted for Normal, Grass, Electric, and Steel. I know Frost said that why is Steel is in there but I think it would be cool again if they had it again.

I think it would be cool if an actual Elite 4 member had the Steel Type & more importanly the Water Type as their theme type because besides Champions, those types were either on some of certain Elite 4 Member's pokemon or not on them at all, both of these indeed being on at least 1 pokemon somewhere among the actual Elite 4 pokemon's typing...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i would've voted for grass, water, and rock as we don't see those types used often in the E4. those are usually at the beginning, so they don't make it to the E4. steel is a case where it's just used as a side type, so that's another one that would be interesting.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I voted for normal, grass, flying, electric

and water may not have been a main type for elites but the 2 ice type elites used many water pokemon and like frost said wallace was the champion and had water as his main type

Steven might not count as steel considering he also has 2 rock types and claydol

and the grass type elite might not suck if the pokemon are ones that might actually stand a chance such as roserade, tangrowth, leafeon, or victreebel(those are the best ones i can think of at the moment)

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think the next Champion should be Electric. That would be badass.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ooh, an Electric-type Champion? If it's a female, than I would like that. I think there have been enough male Electric-type major trainers.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Ooh, an Electric-type Champion? If it's a female, than I would like that. I think there have been enough male Electric-type major trainers.

Indeed...

iPsychotikz wrote:
and water may not have been a main type for elites but the 2 ice type elites used many water pokemon and like frost said wallace was the champion and had water as his main type

Steven might not count as steel considering he also has 2 rock types and claydol

I want a Water Type user in the ELITE 4, the Champion is fought right after them but is not actually one of them...that being said, I still agree with you since Lorelei & Alicia used a notable amount of them in their teams & Wallace is fought right after them & used all Water Types so fair game, fair game...

Steven on the other hand is absolutely not a Steel Type user, it's just as much of a powerful arguement to say he is a Rock Type user see as he had 3 pokemon of both Types on his team though...

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

what I'd like (but is not gonna happen due to nintedo's fixed ideas )
is a E4 that instead of focusing on a type if focused on a location in game,
dunno like I've trained in the .... mountains for ... years and therefore mainly has the pokémon you can catch there+ like one that fits the line
maybe combined with the type they prefer, but just 1 type focus always seemed so dumb to me.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

either a electric or water champion would be B.A.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

red kyogre wrote:

Wallace.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
red kyogre wrote:

Wallace.

exactly but with the new pokemon it would be even more B.A. and harder if he had empoleon

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

normal, water, grass, flying
normal coz they can learn any move type(depends on the pokemon)
water beats fire
grass to prove that it is not as crap as you think(it worked for bug)
flying to beat the fighting types that take down the nomal and the grass types that beat the water(it may also give us the pure flying type we want)
am i right, or am i right

EDIT: give the champion the legendary from the other version

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next