It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Bad day? How do you relax? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A friend of mine showed me this earlier and I thought I'd share it with you guys. You open the following links in three separate tabs. It's incredibly relaxing and calming. If you want to feel even better or you're having a really bad day, try turning of all the lights, lighting a scented candle or two and then closing your eyes. Count to four slowly while you inhale, then hold your breath while you count to four again, then exhale slowly while you count to four. I seriously haven't felt this peaceful in forever. :) Just focus on counting and feel your breath as you breathe. Don't actively try to suppress your thoughts; if you think something, just entertain it for a second and then let it go.

The 4-count breath thing works great to help relieve anxiety at anytime, and it doesn't take very long to do. I find myself doing it a lot at work or school if I'm not doing too well.

Any tips to relax and cheer up from the rest of you?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I always find watching TV while eating a bowl of ice cream or a piece of cheesecake to be a fantastic way to relax on a Friday afternoon. But your way works just as well. Maybe I'll try it sometime during the school year.

Ugh... The rain makes me wish the monsoons would hurry!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A Beer and a Cigarette, I wouldn't recommend it to most people though!

Current Shinies: Ditto, Pidgeotto, Spinarak.

The Breeding continues.....

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Taking a nap. I do that all the time when I'm bored or in a bad mood. Or I just eat something like cake, or listen to some music.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have several ways of relaxing. On my "Friday" evenings (actually Tuesday to most people) I enjoy a double shot of Bourbon and some Pokémon or some reading while watching TV ("Deadliest Catch" is one of my favorites - though this next one will be very, very sad :( ). I also find meditation to be quite good for letting go of stress and keeping myself balanced, some what similar to your method Jamie, though a bit more involved. However, I have to admit that for some time now, I haven't really been able to easily set aside time to meditate deeply, so - short mental breaks help. I also find cooking to be pretty calming (usually - as long as nothing goes too terribly wrong ;) ).

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Beer. Most of my daily activities are arduous, even when I have free time: organizing, cleaning, working out, attending events. I really have absolutely no idea how to relax and haven't done so in a long time. Even if I listen to music only, I find I spend too much time trying to appreciate it or picking the right song to satisfy my mood, so it becomes more of a hassle than anything.

I find that mental wellness is about the best I can hope to achieve. Usually that comes the day after I had a few beers, or when I know I've done well at something or have made someone happy.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
well I usually try to convert the negetive energy into art, but when that doesn't work, which is usually, simply TV helps, music, but most of all just talking to somebody special makes me feel all the way better....sorry for sounding corny XD but it's true in my case :)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i relax on my bed, listen to my favorite music, and mess around on my computer. i sometimes have a nap if im really tired. then i play pokemon and it all gets better

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i'm with my friend maria right now and i turned off all the lights and played the rain and jazz and opened the fireplace on full screen with the other computer. haha, i'm feeling the mood XD this is so relaxing though.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The best way for me to relax is the smoke a cigarette and blast metal through my speakers until my eardrums feel like they're going to burst.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Play Pokemon and be lazy. I'm a full time Honors student and have football practice so i really just kinda crash.

I also greatly enjoy chess but I'm only rated 1200ish

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I generally put on something upbeat, like Britney or David Guetta, and do internet things - generally things that don't involve other people eg. facebook, although sometimes sites like here. And sometimes I sing or dance, depending on the time. ONE MAN PARTY.

I then get exhausted to the point of collapsing, and lie on the floor. I just need to like clear my head, with things like that.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I usually sit on my bed, imagine that my spirit has been pulled off, have wings, fly above, and keep flying until you get to the dark side of the moon. After that, imagine that you are seeing the entire universe from the top of the moon. I find that it was pretty relaxing. If it didn't work, then maybe i would take a nap.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'll be brief, because I accidentally deleted my entire post body three times now, and it's really making me mad:

I haven't relaxed in a long time. I've enjoyed myself plenty, but it's always been based on good things happening. Once something bad happens, I go on a downward spiral that not much can stop lately, it seems. Not even alcohol helps (recent experience while at my brother's ended with me cursing him out, then leaving).

I'm worried.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I play video games, as that is all I do now outside working, cleaning, and taking care of my daughter. Sleep counts too, but it's not super relaxing in 4-5 hour blocks.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

my way of relaxing is just laying on my bed, closing my eyes. turning my fan on. and just laying there. and keep laying there til i get that floaty feeling, where i'm just so at ease i feel like im just floating. and just hold onto that feeling for a while. then go back to my normal activities. but sometimes i fall asleep in the middle of that process.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]