It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 My Sprites. (: 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i have done about 10 sprites in the last week, and these are some of my better ones. My friend who has supposedly one a spriting contest, says that they are quite impressive for a beginner. Please comment and give me helpers on anything that may be wrong. and by the way, i know the crazy one is a little scratchy, it's just silly. It's what happens when your in that really crazy state when everything is hilarious and funner than usual. Enjoy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am just adding some more since apparently you can only add 3 at a time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

personally, i think your friend was right. did you also make your trainer card?? if so, you should open a shop in sunnyshore.... imo. can't think of any pointers, except lose the red background in Crazy Old Lady. the sceptile/ninetales is my fave.
EDIT: oh, and enter the persian/golduck in mektar's contest.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thank you. I did not make it myself. it is a trainer card maker thing, :: http://www.mapletowers.com/trainercards/ugenerator.php :: feel free to use that. i liked the one on pokecharms better, but that has been down for a long time. :P yeah, i know i need to lose the red background. but i was doing weird stuff when i was making it and i've been to lazy to get rid of it. haha. and how do you enter things into this contest you speak of?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You seem to have recoloring down to a science. However, about half of your sprites need some work when it comes to part placement. You're still pretty good for a beginner dispite my critisisms. Perhaps even better than I was when I started out. Oh, and rex09 is right, you should enter my contest (only a few more entrants to go).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks. and yeah, my friend tells me that if parts don't look right then screw it and make them yourself. But I still would appreciate some clarification as to how you sign up for your contest.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:36 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Click Here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26348

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

what program are you using?? paint?? if so, you should switch to gimp. makes it easier to add layers of parts, and transparency (thereby eliminating all of the background color in thirty seconds or less; for info on how to do so on gimp, see the thread "Legend's first splices" or w/e it's called). gimp is free, btw, so wins all around.

btw mektar, i don't really see much wrong with parts, except on the meowth/psyduck line, the hypno/hitmonlee, and the bagon/larvitar.... the others seem good to me.... (but then again, you may be able to see things i can't, so.... )

man, i've seen that trainer card layout all over the forums. and i thought some good spriter was doing them.... wth. tho, i probably need to make mine better.... add a pokeball in the background, change the size of the pokes' pics, and fix the stretching..... but yeah, way to go M_B....

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What rex09 was saying is to go to my thread. Somewhere it explains whatever the hell he's talking about.

Anyway, I like the idea. They all look good. Hypno and Hitmonlee is meh, and Bagon and Larvitar is the same.

The others look fantastic, especially your avatar. :)

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait, by transparency what do you mean? like when you move pieces around after cutting them that there's no background that covers up the sprite your moving the part onto? if what i just said made sense, is that what you mean? and yeah, i would make my own so i could throw my splices in there and make it fancy and original, but alas, i am MUCH too lazy XD

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Same here Magikarp. If you see my thread "Legend's First Splices", you'd see mah laziness. XD

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Wait, by transparency what do you mean? like when you move pieces around after cutting them that there's no background that covers up the sprite your moving the part onto? if what i just said made sense, is that what you mean? and yeah, i would make my own so i could throw my splices in there and make it fancy and original, but alas, i am MUCH too lazy XD

yeah, pretty much that. have you seen how a lot of people's avatars don't have the background around them (yours has white, mine has no background)?? it can also do that for you.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, i downloaded and figured it out very easily. its like photoshop. and pretty much the last quarter of computers class our teacher decided "i don't wanna teach. so were gonna just do photoshop tutorials the rest of the year. its something that you guys should find fun and i love to do." and it was awesome. i used it to edit my entry for the contest after i made it on paint. and i made the back transparent.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

just made this. i tried playing with gimp a little more with this one. and its transparent. this is one of my favorites. like the Sceptile/Ninetales and Floatzel/Bleroom. i should get on making those transparent too. just because theyre good and deserve to be.

anymore tips? i'm working on customizing things. like making parts myself rather than getting on my handy dandy sprite generator and finding a pokemon just for one little piece (like wartortles tail, for this).

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
These are fantastic seriously Magikarps_Beast...

My favorites are clearly the following;

Sceptile.Ninetales = Love Ninetales so so much & you added it to Sceptile perfectly imo...love this one very much...

Evolution 2 = This is simply a brilliant idea without question & now that I have seen it is something I have been looking forward to seeing sprited...

Floatshroom = This is the best in the house imo, brilliant idea & fantastic if not perfect execution...it just owns on so many levels...

That is all...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thanks alot! floatshroom and sceptales are definantly my favorites along with my new gengar thing. and the evolution things, the one with meowth and psyduck evolutions are better to me, but i enjoyed the idea. i'm think im gonna do another sometime while im here, i end up with quite a bit of free time for being on vacation where were supposed to be going out and seeing things.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

some things i've been working on. some re-vamps. recolors. and some fusions.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

EPIC MAGIKARP!

Magikarp. Pidgeottos wings. Golducks gem thing. Poliwraths legs. Sevipers tail.

Win? I think so. :D

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Love it, man. It's not win, its FULL of win. I'd expect more from you.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You'd expect more from me? I don't quite understand. haha. is that meaning i could do better, or i should do more things? normally that's like saying your dissapointed even though you just thought it was great. XD clarify?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I mean, you should do more. ;)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

haha, good. x) and yeah, i've been so bored lately. just nothing to do. going to the park every once in a while but mainly its just been "lets make plans!" "oh, sorry, i can't" "oh, well that sucks" and then i just get random pokemon and make things :P

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I dug up my Blue game and popped it into my Gameboy color and started playing around on it and i was looking at my team that i was using after i was playing it for a while and i made this. I took all the original sprites that you would find in the RBY games and recolored/Revamped (whatever its called) with DPP colors. :D

The Jolteon was level 76. My Blastoise was level 92. Nidoking was my level 72 HM slave. Dragonite was level 83. Rapidash was level 74. And Alakazam was Level 89. The amazing team of Epicness. they kicked ass. :D

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

That's awesome. I want to de-revamp, but I offer other things in my shops.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, I just recently opened up a shop. and I'm gonna start testing (and indirectly advertising) the things i'm working on for it. And this is where they're gonna go, so if anyone who sees this happens to find these interesting you MAY want to check out Magikarps_Beast Shop of Fun at Sunnyshore. I'm gonna edit this with everything I do that isn't an order. Sooo...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ( i know the Torterra one isn't transparent. i screwed it up apparently, but i'm too lazy to make it transparent and save it and reload it to photobucket.XD)ImageImageImage ( I tried. i don't think i'm gonna do more of those XD)

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next