It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 No more Eeveelutions plz 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
I still think they should make a Normal-type evolution.

Either by coming up with a new stone,
or just screw all the rules and make it level-up.
I think we'd collectively forgive the inconsistency.

The best way to do a "normal" eevee evolution (not that I advocate this) would be to have it double it's stats and evolve when happy and holding a certain, new, hold item. Something like "Regal Coat" or something, which, I suppose, would boost, say, 5pp (base) damaging moves by 20 percent, or something. Or maybe it'd double the PP and uses of 30-40pp moves (Ember, etc. :P).

Either that or do another "move evolution" thing, where if it learns "Royal Degree" (5pp, high priorty, does 40 damage to target, and has a 50% chance of completely emptying the PPs of the next move the pokemon uses.).

Mon May 31, 2010 5:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Personally, they should change it so that {espeon} and {umbreon} evolve via a Sun Stone and Moon Stone, respectively. To me, that would make a little more sense, since Espeon is the Sun Pokemon and Umbreon is the Moonlight Pokemon.

Mon May 31, 2010 8:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

To be honest I think the whole idea behind Eevee and it's Eeveelutions in the first place was so that when the trainer was given it we didn't go "Well I don't need some normal type pokemon I have -Pokemon-" So then we go instead, "Well I have no dark type pokemon and Eevee evolves into Umbreon, Cool, Okay."

Eevee is meant to mold to your needs, whether it be Water, Ice, Fire... Etc. Etc.

What I'm getting at is that Eevee should get an evoulution more or two. Heck no to every type though... That's just Overkill

Mon May 31, 2010 8:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Overkill? No way.
As long as they keep introducing new environments and more drastic changes/differences in them,
they will keep introducing new Eeveelutions.
That's Eevee's whole "thing"; he evolves to adapt to his surroundings.

Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally, I think the role eevee plays is too essential to be left to just 1 pokemon. Eevee helps you diversify your team, filling in gaps. But every generation has had it's own starter, and few have had it's own eevee (even if they've had their own eevee evolutions).

The question isn't whether eevee will get more evolutions; it's whether they can make 1 or more pokemon for the next generation that fills this diversity role, and if they do, is it too much like eevee?

In another thread, I propose a bug pokemon, modelled after an ant, that "picks up" (Stone Find? ability) evolution stones, and while it's holding a fire, leaf, water, or thunder stone, it changes form to be of that type. This is, I think, different enough from Eevee to be interesting, and yet fills a similar role (even if it doesn't fill your pokedex). These mini-arceus, if you will, could play the role of temporary elemental filler without commitment, while finding stones to evolve the guys who you want to fill that role.

Earlier in this thread, I think, I proposed a "Ghost Eevee", which would be a formless ghost who "inhabits" hold items (not unlike what Rotom does, thematically) to evolve - if he held the metal coat while trading/happy/knowing move X/whatever, he'd evolve into a ghost/steel type (which, while still being a ghost, does fill a role). Now, of course, we'd probably want to get most of his evolutions out of the way, while leaving some room for future hold items to give him new evolutions.

One thing I'd like to see is if we get the eevee-style filler pokemon early in the game - early enough that it makes a difference, and easily makes your team. I'm thinking egg, around 2nd or 3rd town-style soon.

One final note - despite how much I hate the idea of requiring hold-items to breed pre-evolutions, it is theoretically possible - if Gamefreak wanted to - to make genderless legends like the dogs or birds have (previously) "secret" genders (maybe they're all male, but I'd prefer an even split), such that if they breed with a ditto while holding a special item (or breed w/ a female "base" legendary in their new egg group), they could breed pre-evolutions. For example, suppose Pokemon X is a normal/flying type who, if it levels up while knowing flamethrower evolves into moltress, icebeam: articuno, and thunder:zapdos. This psuedo-eevee, legendary bird pre-evolution would be a perfect "early game pokemon" to fill eevee's role.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I believe Eevee has reached the end of it's rope, but the idea of an alternative would be fine. Another Pokemon who evolves into seven more types, like the person above implied. A ghost or normal type that evolve into steel, dragon, poison etc. although the reason it evolves may need to be different, as i don't know how many more environmental needs something could have. Perhaps in a desert ground would be an evolution, or in a polluted city poison. So the merging with physical objects is great. There is also no real reason as far as i can tell why legendaries cant have a evolutionary chain. Another idea is a two-legged pokemon who mimics whatever it sees, and can evolve based on the pokemon in your team or on location, also making sun and leaf stones evolve the evees. If you level up near the mountainous in this game rock, that factory place steel, with a dragon in your team dragon.

Eevee is definitely left unneeded with all of the looming possibilities, i would not enjoy seeing another Eevee.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I truly believe Eevee was created by Game Freak, to be able to evolve into every type. They have 7 already, so all they need is 10 more. The next ones will probaly evolve in a new way. I think they are also mean to demonstrate the different ways of evolution
Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon- stone evolution
Espeon, Umbreon- happiness evolution, and time of day evolution
Leafeon, Glaceon, Location/ environmental based evolution
Gen 5: ?
who knows. if they have new ways to make pokemon evolve, there may be an Eevee Evolution or 2 to showcase or demonstrate this method.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AlphaArceus wrote:
I truly believe Eevee was created by Game Freak, to be able to evolve into every type. They have 7 already, so all they need is 10 more. The next ones will probaly evolve in a new way. I think they are also mean to demonstrate the different ways of evolution
who knows. if they have new ways to make pokemon evolve, there may be an Eevee Evolution or 2 to showcase or demonstrate this method.

But sometimes, about half of the pokemon who evolve with the new method are from {eevee} . Doesn't that defeat the purpose? It's like introducing a new evolution method just because and creating Eeveelutions just for the sake of it. Get it? Sometimes, it seems as if they do not demonstrate the method, rather they are what constitutes it.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
AlphaArceus wrote:

But sometimes, about half of the pokemon who evolve with the new method are from {eevee} . Doesn't that defeat the purpose? It's like introducing a new evolution method just because and creating Eeveelutions just for the sake of it. Get it? Sometimes, it seems as if they do not demonstrate the method, rather they are what constitutes it.

im not knocking your opinon but i just think thats what they made Eevee for, to evolve into evey single type, and have it be unique in its ability to do so, making Eevee special. Maybe Game Freak wanted to originaly stop at Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon, but then changed their minds because they thought the idea of a pokemon that evolves into many types, would be good, they probaly thought it a good experiment. Eevee is the non event, non Legendary Arceus, I think thats what it'll come to. I came to this conclusion while thinking about Arceus and Eevee

Edit: I have heard a simailar theory on another website that states that Ditto is a Mew that have lost their form.

Last edited by AlphaArceus on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well i think they have it covered when it come to eeveelutions if there has to be a another one let it be ground and flying then they will have all 4 elements fire water wind and earth

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

breeseeon and mounteon the ground and flying eevees

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I disagree with most of you. They should make some new Eeveelutions. They started with 3 types, yes. But Eevees species is the Evolution Pokemon. Because of that there should be one for each type. It also seems that a few of you want to see a Dragon type Eeveelution. Well for some, you're in luck, the others, sorry. Me and a couple of my friends got together and sketched a new Eeveelution for each type that has not been done yet, and have sent them on to Japan. I admit that for the current Eeveelutions, some of the stats and movepools aren't the best (unless you TM them. XD) and hopefully these new ones will have better stats and movepools. Still, even though the stats aren't the greatest, I've beaten the Elite Four in Diamond with an all Eeveelution team. So I'd like to say, "Finish the Evolution Pokemon!"
Attachment:
Sneasel.gif

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A Dragon type and a Ghost type Eevee sound great but other than that they don't really need anymore.
I agree that, since it is the evolution pokemon, they should have one of each type but that seems like overkill to me.
A Normal evolution of Eevee would be nice but i can't picture one. If the pokemon looked more fierce as they evolved like in Generation III then it would be easy to see a Normal evolution but Black and White doesn't look like they will have fierce looking pokemon.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

sneasel123 wrote:
I disagree with most of you. They should make some new Eeveelutions. They started with 3 types, yes. But Eevees species is the Evolution Pokemon. Because of that there should be one for each type. It also seems that a few of you want to see a Dragon type Eeveelution. Well for some, you're in luck, the others, sorry. Me and a couple of my friends got together and sketched a new Eeveelution for each type that has not been done yet, and have sent them on to Japan. I admit that for the current Eeveelutions, some of the stats and movepools aren't the best (unless you TM them. XD) and hopefully these new ones will have better stats and movepools. Still, even though the stats aren't the greatest, I've beaten the Elite Four in Diamond with an all Eeveelution team. So I'd like to say, "Finish the Evolution Pokemon!"
Attachment:
Sneasel.gif

i hope they like them, and consider using them in future games, but they have probably already put most of the pokemon into Gen 5 already and may actually be done already, sice they've given it a release date. Maybe they've made an eeveelution or 2 or 3 and put them in the B/W games. who else thinks that if they do Eeveelutions it will be a trio like in R/B/Y/G I conpletely agree Sneasel 123 Eevee was meant to evolve, so im pretty sure we will eventually have all types.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AlphaArceus wrote:
sneasel123 wrote:
Attachment:
Sneasel.gif

i hope they like them, and consider using them in future games, but they have probably already put most of the pokemon into Gen 5 already and may actually be done already, sice they've given it a release date. Maybe they've made an eeveelution or 2 or 3 and put them in the B/W games. who else thinks that if they do Eeveelutions it will be a trio like in R/B/Y/G I conpletely agree Sneasel 123 Eevee was meant to evolve, so im pretty sure we will eventually have all types.

does't anyone here remember when there was only 151 pokemon? now we have a round 350 pokemon if eevee evolves into all types it will be really hard to try and get all of them so i think that should end the line with a king eevee or a flying and ground type eevees

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

azmeux wrote:
does't anyone here remember when there was only 151 pokemon? now we have a round 350 pokemon

Dude...493...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i vote for 2 more pokemon that each evolves into 5 different pokemon that make up for the remaining types, give eevee a rest

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
red kyogre wrote:
i vote for 2 more pokemon that each evolves into 5 different pokemon that make up for the remaining types, give eevee a rest

As long as they are both the Normal Type only(before they evolve anyway) then I am for this too cause they are running out of ways to distribute Eevolutions base stats & still have them be consider a pokemon worth having competitively, poor Eevee, poor Glaceon for that matter...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
they are running out of ways to distribute Eevolutions base stats & still have them be consider a pokemon worth having competitively

This exactly.

I'm ALL FOR new Eeveelutions, but there aren't many options left.
Lawence .. imo, Glaceon was actually friggin awesome (A bulky sweeper? Dayumn.).
But regardless, unless they make the new Eeveelutions epic and super-powered, and have that as their theme, there's not a whole lot they have left to do.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
red kyogre wrote:

As long as they are both the Normal Type only(before they evolve anyway)

oh yeah i forgot about them being normal so i guess one will evolve into 5 different typed pokemon and the other will evolve into 4 different typed pokemon, plus an ultranormal type if it wanted to? mmmmm... i like that

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
I'm ALL FOR new Eeveelutions, but there aren't many options left.
Lawence .. imo, Glaceon was actually friggin awesome (A bulky sweeper? Dayumn.).
But regardless, unless they make the new Eeveelutions epic and super-powered, and have that as their theme, there's not a whole lot they have left to do.

This exactly...

Also, let me explain the Glaceon thing, I absolutely adore Glaceon in every way but on the first few pages of these thread, it was being eaten alive by criticism which lead me to believe that not alot of people find it a worthy adversary competitively...I myself however do find it a awesome pokemon in this regard...

All this being said, I want a Poison Type Eevolution so so bad it hurts & not 1 with that Muk look to it but one with that Roselia look to it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

tbh, i don't get the big HATEHATEHATE thing, there isn't really too many, and we don't need one for every type, and i don't think we need any more, but a poison type eevee or a rock type one would be somewhat interesting, i guess.

my favourite eeveelotions are leafeon and umbreon, because they look the coolest :0 also, vaporeon for nostalga, it was my first shiny pokemon card.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

IT wuld be cool if like at level 100 eevee evolved like a regualar pokemoninto Eeveeon !!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eeveelutions piss me off. just because you can only have one of them, unless you trade the eevees you get from other games over. which i have done before. and if they had made a second evolution of the normal Eevee that would be amazing. like a big dog thing. and flying eevee and ground eevee? that doesn't make sense to me. why would a dog fly? and ground would be unoriginal.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Eeveelutions piss me off. just because you can only have one of them, unless you trade the eevees you get from other games over.

Eevee + Ditto + Daycare = Second Eevee?
Magikarps_Beast wrote:
thatt doesn't make sense to me. why would a dog fly? and ground would be unoriginal.

This IS pokemon we're talking about, why would a mouse be yellow and be able to shock people? (Pikachu) Why would a rock have arms (geodude)...THIS is why a dog would be able to fly.
How on earth would ground be unoriginal? IIRC, there's no ground eevelution so..It would be original.
I personally don't want anymore eveelutions unless they improve them somehow but there are loads of possibilities for Eevelutions...

Pokemon Emerald Pokedex wrote:
An EEVEE has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to its environment. Radiation from various STONES causes this POKéMON to evolve.
This leaves dozens of oppertunities really...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:19 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next