It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Will this be the last game? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I know there's a huge thread on "WHY GEN V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL" and whatever, but it's true.
I mean...well...it's official. They've run out of idea's for new Pokemon. I mean c'mon, machines? Not an animal fused with a machine, but gears. I suspected that they we're going to make mechanical type things when the whole Rotom thing was able to posses a lawn mower...but I never thought it'd be this soon. I hate to seem all Anti-Pokemon here, but has anyone out here every played Final Fantasy 10? Because this electric zebra unicorn thing looks a lot like Ixion... (http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/1 ... ahiros.jpg)
ANYWAYS, this has got to be the last game, right? I'm glad they managed to get 5 generations, because that's a LOT of creativity and design and work put in from them and even more fun and enjoyment from all of us. I loved playing Pokemon when I was younger, and I still play Firered and Heartgold because Red and Gold were the BEST. What would the next generation be? I can't imagine. Based off of this new "Black and White" Concept, I guess it'd have to be something even more abstract. (They've already used Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, soooo... Purple and Indigo? XD)
Also, there's no way I'd be able to think of new Pokemon...the best I can do is a lame Sponge thing called "Spongely" [Pronounced SPON-jilley].
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel the same way?

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Pegir wrote:
I know there's a huge thread on "WHY GEN V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL" and whatever, but it's true.

My inability to transcribe into words your failure to grasp the English language may be the only irony greater than that thread I that I have left in this forum.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jigglypuff wrote:
Pegir wrote:

My inability to transcribe into words your failure to grasp the English language may be the only irony greater than that thread I that I have left in this forum.

pure pawnage.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the gears. They have a very Magnemite feel to them.

I also like this new "transform"-like ability, as it has dramatic ramifications for competative wifi play if the 2 pokemon w/ it have anywhere near decent base stats and movepools.

The "random wifi battle" is perhaps the greatest thing to happen to Pokemon, giving you a forum to battle pokemon in across the world that is ever engaging. The one question about this is how to regulate this, because it'll get quite annoying to see 6 deoxys teams, or all uber teams, or something like that. However, this is to battles as the GTS was to trading - it lets you interact w/ others from the comfort of your own home.

Now... have I seen any super-unique/orginal new pokemon designs? Depends. Do you mean the actual sprites? Because, again, I sort of like the gears. But several of the abilties they discuss are new and interesting.

So, at the end of the day, I don't see any reason this'll be the last game other than, perhaps, some design faults and marketing faults that I don't really see happening. On the contrary, I just downloaded like 4 jirachi in the past 24 hours, so something's working right.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gear is ok I dont think this will be the last as this si sopposed to be a Fresh start to the franchise I like the pokemon. i dont really like Munna and Hihidaruma( that fire gorilla thing) but the rest of them i like especially the Zebra and the alligator, its just too goofy. Nintendo and Game Freak still makes huge money off pokemon, so they will still make it, and will untill it no longer makes enough money for it to be profitable, then, they will come up w/ another idea

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

will this be the last game.... story wise, it could be, due to the whole black/white thing, but if it was, i would make a "summary" game afterwards that had all the regions. but somehow, i just doubt it will be.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This thread again?

No one's running out of ideas.

Honestly. There are so many concepts that can be explored, nature and human culture, or what have you. There's just so many things out there that can be used that running out of ideas is virtually impossible.

Amateurs and professional artists on sites like deviantART are able to come up with sweet ideas for Pokemon, they can even mimic Sugimori's style perfectly. What makes people think the well-paid professionals behind one of the most succesful series of games in the world would be unable to do so?

Just because you don't like the new Pokemon (or don't understand the concept behind them), for whatever reason, it doesn't mean they're unoriginal.

And this is definetly not the last game. A new Nintendo handheld will be released, there will definetly be new Pokemon games to be played.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Galar, i could not have said that any better.
Even if they were running out of ideas, they'd employ more people, come on, that's what happens. But still, Pokemon is still going really REALLY strong and there's no way they'd quit at generation V.
Galar wrote:
Just because you don't like the new Pokemon (or don't understand the concept behind them), for whatever reason, it doesn't mean they're unoriginal.

Exactly, because something isn't liked because it's new it doesn't mark the end of it. Look at Gen III...IIRC people hated when a bunch of new pokemon got lumped into the 'original' first and second gen pokemon and now they're common and people are used to them nobody seems to care and it's part of 'Pokemon' itself. after playing B/W people'll start accepting what's here
Pegir wrote:
. I loved playing Pokemon when I was younger, and I still play Firered and Heartgold because Red and Gold were the BEST

Could you be growing out of Pokemon? or maybe you're just one of those who enjoys the older versions and isn't that keen on change...
Pegir wrote:
Also, there's no way I'd be able to think of new Pokemon...the best I can do is a lame Sponge thing called "Spongely" [Pronounced SPON-jilley].
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel the same way?
Good job you don't work for them...
But no i disagree a lot, they still have a lot to do and what they can do and i really don't see a reason why they'd need to stop anytime soon.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

personally, i don't think they'll run out of ideas. but for me, what makes the "last game scenario" possible is mostly the names. we started with colors, so ending with colors also makes sense (red, blue, yellow, green, black, white) imo.
rex09 wrote:
will this be the last game.... story wise, it could be, due to the whole black/white thing, but if it was, i would make a "summary" game afterwards that had all the regions. but somehow, i just doubt it will be.

then there's that as well. so not the last game, but the last one that brings more to the canon of the games.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The one mega world with all the regions bumping into all your past enemies and friends is the proper way to end the Pokemon saga- not a black & white.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
The one mega world with all the regions bumping into all your past enemies and friends is the proper way to end the Pokemon saga- not a black & white.

That would be the best way to end it. But thinking about it, if it ended after black and white, they'd have to re-do kanto,johto,hoenn and sinnoh to 5th gen graphics for the least and that alone will take them a great amount of time. But, they're not ready to end it yet i don't think.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
That would be the best way to end it. But thinking about it, if it ended after black and white, they'd have to re-do kanto,johto,hoenn and sinnoh to 5th gen graphics for the least and that alone will take them a great amount of time. But, they're not ready to end it yet i don't think.

actually, they already have johto and sinnoh, so really just hoenn and kanto. but just because we have a new set of graphics doesn't mean everything has to be updated. look at gen III. they didn't redo johto then, even tho it would've made sense. HGSS and DPPt won't be redone, until the next big console, imo (as in, whatever replaces the ds or 3ds).

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This won't be the last game. Pokemon is to much of a cash cow for Nintendo to just let it die. Though you may not like some of the new Pokmeon, I personally like the Electric Zebra, it doesn't mean they are running out of ideas. I mean they could make a Pokemon that is a clod of dirt and little kids will want it because its the "new" Pokemon. I hardly foresee this as the last Pokemon, in fact I see this as a new beginning for the franchise itself, they are changing so much adding this and that to entice new people and please the old.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
actually, they already have johto and sinnoh, so really just hoenn and kanto. but just because we have a new set of graphics doesn't mean everything has to be updated. look at gen III. they didn't redo johto then, even tho it would've made sense. HGSS and DPPt won't be redone, until the next big console, imo (as in, whatever replaces the ds or 3ds).
Sorry i didn't explain well enough...i meant if they ended the Pokemon series with a game with all regions in them
KingErick wrote:

They would need to do all regions up to date with the gen V graphics, the full 3d overworld.
That's what i meant

------------------------------------------
shinashu taji wrote:
This won't be the last game. Pokemon is to much of a cash cow for Nintendo to just let it die. Though you may not like some of the new Pokmeon, I personally like the Electric Zebra, it doesn't mean they are running out of ideas. I mean they could make a Pokemon that is a clod of dirt and little kids will want it because its the "new" Pokemon. I hardly foresee this as the last Pokemon, in fact I see this as a new beginning for the franchise itself, they are changing so much adding this and that to entice new people and please the old.

Yes, exactly what i was thinking, mainly the bold part.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Jeez, just a question. I'm not a Pokemon hater. There's no need to insult me.
Jigglypuff wrote:
My inability to transcribe into words your failure to grasp the English language may be the only irony greater than that thread I that I have left in this forum

That goes for you too, not cool. English is my second language so blame the ESL classes.
Anyways,
shinashu taji wrote:

Yeah I guess. As long as there are games to be bought...people will buy them.
rex09 wrote:
personally, i don't think they'll run out of ideas. but for me, what makes the "last game scenario" possible is mostly the names. we started with colors, so ending with colors also makes sense (red, blue, yellow, green, black, white) imo

I was thinking something like that. What would the next game be called, I wonder?
Darkrai-follower wrote:
Could you be growing out of Pokemon? or maybe you're just one of those who enjoys the older versions and isn't that keen on change...

I don't know wheather your making fun of me...but maybe I am. I never really like R/S/E, but Diamond was okay.
Galar wrote:
This thread again?

Yes. And IF there is another game, you can count me to post something like this.
AlphaArceus wrote:
Nintendo and Game Freak still makes huge money off pokemon, so they will still make it, and will untill it no longer makes enough money for it to be profitable, then, they will come up w/ another idea

Totally.

And maybe I wasn't clear before, but I meant that, will they continue to make new games with new Pokemon. I didn't mean stop the business altogether, thats ridiculous. I'm sure there will be many more spin-offs. And there will be another game, that's for sure, probably "Pokemon Gray" where they edit B&W a bit. But my guess is that if there are anymore other games, they will just have to "old" Pokemon and new storylines/concepts, etc.
But alright yeah. I now know that they probably wont stop.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@darkrai follower: so you're talking about the big game with all the regions?? okay, that makes sense. if not, then i still don't get it.....
@pegir: i don't think anyone's really blaming you..... or at least i'm not. and your english is fine, btw.

hmmm, but this brings up an interesting question to me: what would the last game be called??? maybe..... POKEMON RAINBOW lol (btw, no homo, i just saw a lot of other people saying the director's cut of BW should be called rainbow)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pegir wrote:
I don't know wheather your making fun of me...but maybe I am. I never really like R/S/E, but Diamond was okay.

Noo, i was just saying, some people do. And i dont know, maybe they're just not as good (some people seem to dislike them a lot). I personally don't.
rex09 wrote:
@darkrai follower: so you're talking about the big game with all the regions?? okay, that makes sense. if not, then i still don't get it.....

Yeah thats what i was on about, sorry

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Yeah thats what i was on about, sorry

no problem. you know, we should make a poll and see what people really think lol.....
in the last game, i'll bet they create an omega pokemon. or the bad guys actually destroy the world for once. or both.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
hmmm, but this brings up an interesting question to me: what would the last game be called??? maybe..... POKEMON RAINBOW lol (btw, no homo, i just saw a lot of other people saying the director's cut of BW should be called rainbow)

Lol, I don't think Nintendo could do that to itself! XD Unless they maybe did "Pokémon Rainbow Prism" which brings up the question, who to pick for the mascot? Pikachu? Ditto? Mew? Arceus?

rex09 wrote:
in the last game, i'll bet they create an omega pokemon. or the bad guys actually destroy the world for once. or both.

Then you have to use the detention Pokémon to put it all back together...whoops...forgot them all in the PC...

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Pegir wrote:

Noo, i was just saying, some people do. And i dont know, maybe they're just not as good (some people seem to dislike them a lot). I personally don't.

I don't think the GameBoy Advance series was all that great. :( I mean, they cut you off from all your old buddies and dropped you in a brand new place that looked overly new... It made me sad. I felt a lot better about the Diamond and Perl games though. They did good. :)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:

no problem. you know, we should make a poll and see what people really think lol.....

Yeah we should but i dont know about what options, feel free to do a poll though.
And yeah that would be cool, or even a 'summary' to the games, meaning in a new region, some Big organisation takes over (or even rocked managed to succeed with controlling an omega pokemon) and all the previous protagonists from Kanto-Isshu get together and work together to help...you getting the choice at the beginning to choose which protagnist you be...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

that would indeed be cool.... or, what if there was an adventure in which you played as professor oak as a boy (sam, from pokemon 4ever). the other thing i would like to do is play as a bad guy..... maybe a member of team rocket, in which you get assigned missions to steal pokemon and whatnot, but you always get your @$$ kicked by a ten-year old. the possibilities..... lol

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I predict an endless stream of spin-off games after they make the Pokemon total hit 1000. there's just no way they can think of more than that.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i beleive that there will be one more after gen V and then a s***load of spinoff games

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]