I really want to watch more animation movies, so I thought about opening this topic.
Let's share both anime and animation movies we like a lot and also recommend.
Here's what I have. For now.
- I haven't read the book. In fact, I don't even think the book was released in my country. However, I watched the movie, and I simply adored it. I love the voice-acting, and I love every single character, even the terrible Owsla of the Efrafan clan. My favorites are the neurotic Fiver and Blackavar, even though he had a rather short appearance. I also fell in love with the whole, mythological, cultural background of the story.
- The only reasons I enjoy this movie are the colorful sceneries and characters, and the action/martial arts scenes. The plot isn't good (it really feels like you're watching Digimon the First Movie, except ten times sillier) and there are many, many silly, "this gotta be a joke" scenes. I can only say one thing: KOI KOI
- What's NOT to love about Tokyo Godfathers? Seriously, the plot is great and the movie just... flows so well you don't want it to end. There isn't one single boring part, and the characters are all charming, in their own, messed-up, comical way. The animation and style are smooth and realistic, but what really captures your attention are the three main characters: a runaway, rebellious girl, an alcoholic vagabond, and a dramatic drag queen.
The Triplets of Belleville
- Simply one of the best movies I've ever watched. I simply love the drawing style on this one; instead of going for the average-looking people, the artists decided to go for a more caricature style, so all the characters have really exageratted features. I also love how they treated such a serious matter in a very comical, entertaining way, and how they ironize so many aspects of our history and culture.
The Land Before Time
- I'm pretty sure most of us have already watched this movie, but I feel like recommending it, not only due to the fact that it's a classic, but also because of the beautiful scenery and soundtrack, the charming characters, the attractive plot, and, of course, DINOSAURS. Littlefoot and his friends have a special place in my heart. Note
: sequels not included in this review.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Oh, my God, I love this movie so much. Not only the plot, which is so comically disturbed, but mostly how the world of cartoons interact with the real world in so many aspects. There's murder, heavy drinking, smoking, implied sexuality, but everything is so funny it's impossible not to enjoy. Also, you get to see Bugs Bunny AND Mickey Mouse together!
- I DON'T recommend this movie to anyone UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In fact, I don't think you should even consider watching it if you're a minor
. I mean, I'm above 20 years old, and this movie still disturbed me. But I enjoy movies that make me feel anxious or distressed. There's some serious mind**** in this one, but if you want to feel like dying inside after thinking about it over and over and over, then this is the movie for you.
What you guys got?